DJI Data Privacy Protection (Local Data Mode)
461 9 1-4 13:21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I did a quick search but nothing came up...

Is DJI planning to adop the (Local Data Mode) to the consumer's drone range as well?

I read that this option has been available since 2017 for DJI commercial drones... Can anyone from DJI confirm this?

1-4 13:21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. This function is realized on the DJI Pilot v.0.4.0, which exhibits uploading local data. After enabling the function, the data is only stored in the local.
The "Local Data Mode" (LDM) has been added to the DJI Fly APP for overseas mobile phones.
You can find it by this path: DJI FLY APP - Profile -Settings -Notification and Privacy
1-4 20:27
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-4 20:27
Hello, there. This function is realized on the DJI Pilot v.0.4.0, which exhibits uploading local data. After enabling the function, the data is only stored in the local.
We are sorry that we do not have relevant information about the future plan for this function, please stay tuned to our official website for updates.

I just asked because DJI mentioned GO4 and DJI Fly apps.... That's all...

From DJI:

"September 9, 2020 – DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, will make Local Data Mode, an easy-to-use and effective data privacy feature that eliminates internet connectivity and prevents the transmission of all drone data over the internet, available in the DJI GO4 and DJI Fly flight control apps within the coming months. The feature has been available for DJI drones through the DJI Pilot app since 2017. Today’s commitment to expanding availability of this feature follows an independent review and validation of Local Data Mode and DJI’s drone products by FTI Consulting (FTI), a global leader in cybersecurity."
1-5 00:03
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 1-5 00:03
I just asked because DJI mentioned GO4 and DJI Fly apps.... That's all...

From DJI:

Hello, there. For this feature, we confirmed with our teams and edited the answer, please see the reply above.
1-5 03:33
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-5 03:33
Hello, there. For this feature, we confirmed with our teams and edited the answer, please see the reply above.

Thank you for your reply... Just what I was looking for...
1-5 13:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-5 03:33

Wanda, when local mode is enabled, network data transition is disabled and certain functions are unavailable.  Can you inform as to which functions are not available?   
1-5 14:28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 1-5 13:42
Thank you for your reply... Just what I was looking for...

You are most welcome.
1-5 22:12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-5 14:28
Wanda, when local mode is enabled, network data transition is disabled and certain functions are unavailable.  Can you inform as to which functions are not available?

Hello, there. This mode will restrict the network and cannot use functions that require a network to operate. You can check the picture for the detailed functions:
1-5 22:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-5 22:22
Hello, there. This mode will restrict the network and cannot use functions that require a network to operate. You can check the picture for the detailed functions:
[view_image]

Thanks for the super fast reply Wanda.
1-6 07:53
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-6 07:53
Thanks for the super fast reply Wanda.

You are most welcome.
1-8 03:30
Use props
Advanced