659 31 1-6 21:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought I picked up a great deal on a phantom 4 Version 2, but it's a version 1. It is a beauty but it's no longer serviceable. It is a crying shame that something this beautiful and functional is no longer reapirable by DJI. It's going to have to go back. This really hurts.Look at the beauty of this thing. I am so sad to have to return it.

0106241523(1)-2.jpg
1-6 21:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a shame Charles,     I hope you can return it ok.
1-7 00:54
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-7 00:54
Thats a shame Charles,     I hope you can return it ok.

I put in a return request. It clearly states its version 2. I made all the updates and called dji with some update issues and when i gave them the serial number they told me it was version 1 and not supported. It is a pristine drone with less than 30 flights. Such a shame. No rod compliane either.
1-7 04:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 04:02
I put in a return request. It clearly states its version 2. I made all the updates and called dji with some update issues and when i gave them the serial number they told me it was version 1 and not supported. It is a pristine drone with less than 30 flights. Such a shame. No rod compliane either.

Shame,  did you give it a flight just because you could.
1-7 06:09
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-7 06:09

I purchased it for $750 he is willing to give me the return or asked me to make an offer. I offered half because I have to buy a rid module for it and there is no service so if it has a problem I probably cant et it fixed. I don't think it's worth more than $375. Not sure what to do.
1-7 07:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. We do appreciate your feedback regarding this matter. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. To continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies.

Furthermore, When new products are released, older ones may eventually be discontinued and taken down from the store, but this does not mean they will be forgotten. We are grateful to all users, regardless of which drone model they use. Thank you for your continued support!
1-7 21:09
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1555499 ft
Australia

Apparently, the Obsidian was never produced as a v2.
1-7 23:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 07:05
I purchased it for $750 he is willing to give me the return or asked me to make an offer. I offered half because I have to buy a rid module for it and there is no service so if it has a problem I probably cant et it fixed. I don't think it's worth more than $375. Not sure what to do.

Personally I think I would have just returned it,  the V2 is significantly better.  
1-8 00:53
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 00:53
Personally I think I would have just returned it,  the V2 is significantly better.

It's going back. I tried to update it and it's not cooperating.
1-8 05:24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GTHero Posted at 1-7 23:03

Yes you live and learn. He had Obsidian Pro+ in the title and Version 2 in the description. It's a beauty but I can't get past the upgrades with no support so it has to go back to Ebay.
1-8 05:31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

No, If I'm going to return it I didn't think it would be fair. Besides  I might fall in love with it. That would be like keeping a puppy overnight.
1-8 14:44
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ouch, that is too bad indeed.
Hope the new one is doing better
2-14 23:33
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I returned it  and bought this one. It's not as pretty andmore used. I picked it up for $400.00 it had a random yaw which was fixed with compass, IMU and controller calibration at DJI's suggestion, which I am grateul for. Hopefully this will get me started in mapping
2-15 06:21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GTHero Posted at 1-7 23:03

N, you are correct. You live and learn. I picked up another that seems tobe working fine.
2-15 06:23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-14 23:33
Ouch, that is too bad indeed.
Hope the new one is doing better

I got another one for half the price that is working great.
2-15 06:23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-15 06:23
I got another one for half the price that is working great.

That is good to read!
2-15 06:26
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-15 06:26
That is good to read!

Yes, I'm relieved. I'm hoping this will get me started on mapping. It's fun to flying open spaces. It's a little large for the populated areas here, but fun to fly..  
2-15 06:32
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-15 06:32
Yes, I'm relieved. I'm hoping this will get me started on mapping. It's fun to flying open spaces. It's a little large for the populated areas here, but fun to fly..

Yeah true. Here in NL it would be very very limited where you can fly. (not over buildings, people etc.)
2-15 06:54
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-15 06:54
Yeah true. Here in NL it would be very very limited where you can fly. (not over buildings, people etc.)

No people here ever but no restrictions on buildings. I'm sure that will come though.
2-15 07:10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-15 07:10
No people here ever but no restrictions on buildings. I'm sure that will come though.

Unless you have the right papers and other prerequisites.
2-15 07:30
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-15 07:30
Unless you have the right papers and other prerequisites.

I can understand that. A 3 pound drone is heavy and can do some damage.
2-15 08:44
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-15 08:44
I can understand that. A 3 pound drone is heavy and can do some damage.

Yes absolutely. I never felt comfortable when flying the Mavic Pro and that was about 700gr.
That is one of the benefits of the Mini series for me.
2-15 09:02
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-15 09:02
Yes absolutely. I never felt comfortable when flying the Mavic Pro and that was about 700gr.
That is one of the benefits of the Mini series for me.

Believe it or not my favorite size is the air series. It's the perfect size, give you the most bang for your buck ad flies stable in high winds.
2-15 19:13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-15 19:13
Believe it or not my favorite size is the air series. It's the perfect size, give you the most bang for your buck ad flies stable in high winds.

True, if I did not care about the damage it can do when falling down, I would prefer a bigger one.
It flies much better in windy situations and faster too.
But knowing it does not do any damage when it falls out of the sky is a big comfort for me because I like to fly over congested areas.
2-15 23:14
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-15 23:14
True, if I did not care about the damage it can do when falling down, I would prefer a bigger one.
It flies much better in windy situations and faster too.
But knowing it does not do any damage when it falls out of the sky is a big comfort for me because I like to fly over congested areas.

There is much comfort in that.
2-16 04:33
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-16 04:33
There is much comfort in that.

Absolutely. I always felt a bit of anxiety when using the Mavic Pro over buildings, knowing what it could do if it would fell down.
2-16 06:21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-16 06:21
Absolutely. I always felt a bit of anxiety when using the Mavic Pro over buildings, knowing what it could do if it would fell down.

I do understand. Always better to go lighter if the wind allows.
2-16 06:47
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-16 06:47
I do understand. Always better to go lighter if the wind allows.

And if the camera is good enough for what you have in mind.
2-16 07:13
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-16 07:13
And if the camera is good enough for what you have in mind.

That's truly it.
2-16 12:09
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

So for the P4, with the mechanical shutter, that is more important.
2-16 13:32
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-16 13:32
So for the P4, with the mechanical shutter, that is more important.

If you are mapping you are shooting straight down (nadirs). With a mechanical shutter the drone doesn't have to stop when it's taking pictures.  So you can fly at 10 mph and the drone keeps moving with no distortion. With the digital shutters that all the other drones have the picture isn't accurate with movement. so today I took a map of a larger area it took 100 photos. I would have to stop each time with anything but the P$ or the Mavic 3 Enterprise. Both of them automate plight and can take pictures while moving meaning that all 100 pictures would be done in 2 minutes instead of 10. andit would be more accurate. Then with the mavic 3 e you could add an RTK module and get centimeter level accuracy instead of using GPS. All that accuracy allows you to work with surveyors and architects for building planning.
2-16 16:48
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-16 16:48
If you are mapping you are shooting straight down (nadirs). With a mechanical shutter the drone doesn't have to stop when it's taking pictures.  So you can fly at 10 mph and the drone keeps moving with no distortion. With the digital shutters that all the other drones have the picture isn't accurate with movement. so today I took a map of a larger area it took 100 photos. I would have to stop each time with anything but the P$ or the Mavic 3 Enterprise. Both of them automate plight and can take pictures while moving meaning that all 100 pictures would be done in 2 minutes instead of 10. andit would be more accurate. Then with the mavic 3 e you could add an RTK module and get centimeter level accuracy instead of using GPS. All that accuracy allows you to work with surveyors and architects for building planning.

Yeah indeed!
2-17 06:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules