Gesture Control
354 2 1-9 02:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hoof Hearted
New
United Kingdom

I just bought my Osmo Mobile 6. I'm very happy with it. I'm wondering though if i'm understanding Gesture Control correctly....
When I flip to the front camera, it activates Active Tracking. Great. That's what I want.

If I tap the hand, and switch on Gesture Control-> Follow and Shoot, it switches off Active Tracking until I make the gesture.  The gimble no longer follows me. So i've got to stay where the camera can see me until I make the gesture.  And then i've got just 3 seconds to get to the correct position while the gimble follows me before the photo is taken.

Wouldn't it be better if the gimble followed the me continuously while I moved to the correct position, and then took the photo once I was happy with the position and made the gesture.

Unless i'm missing something, the gimble won't follow the subject continuously while Gesture Control is switched on. It will only follow the subject during the 3 second countdown.

1-9 02:33
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When the Gesture Control is enabled and the gimbal is well placed, walk to the appropriate location and perform a gesture to start tracking the subject and shooting. Please note that the ActiveTrack will enable after you turn on the Gesture control and perform a palm or V gesture to begin tracking, take a photo, or record a video. Hope this helps.
1-9 21:31
Use props
Hoof Hearted
New
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply. My problem is only in photo mode. Video mode is ok.

When I turn on Gesture Control, Active Tracking is then switched off. Why would it do this? Surely it would be better if the camera followed me while it is waiting for the gesture?

Yes I agree that Active Tracking is switched back on when I make the gesture, but it is only switched on during the 3 second countdown for the photo, then it is switched off again. The gimble will not follow me to another position for the next photo. So I have to manually point the  camera in the correct direction so it can see me make the gesture in the new position.

In photo mode, Is there a good reason why active tracking cannot be enabled the whole time that Gesture Control is enabled?
1-10 03:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules