Windows sees 2 drives when I connect my DJI Pocket 3 to my PC
335 7 1-10 09:48
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jxd
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I have a new DJI Pocket 3 and when I connect it to my PC using a USB C cable it sees 2 external drives and I can't get the files off the device via that connection. The drives continually become active and then disappear until I disconnect the device.

I can get the files off the card if I use an external card reader. I've also tried different USB C cables when connecting to the device but it doesn't make a difference.

I've also tried using the USB port on the small grip extender and the battery extension with no luck.

Here's the firmware from the device.
Firmware version: 01.02.06.04
Camera Firmware version: 10.00.17.15
Gimbal firmware version: 01.00.13.73

Any help anyone could provide is appreciated.

Thanks.
1-10 09:48
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for your inquiry. Would you please show us a video recording about the issue for futher checking? Thanks
1-11 03:30
Use props
jxd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 1-11 03:30
Hi there, thank you for your inquiry. Would you please show us a video recording about the issue for futher checking? Thanks

Hi,

Here's a link to my Google Drive with the video showing the 2 drives that appear when I connect my drive.

Video showing 2 drives issue https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g86C-FINoI53lcG4Xu0BqZVeDEQNw70X/view?usp=drive_link
1-11 08:56
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

jxd Posted at 1-11 08:56
Hi,

Here's a link to my Google Drive with the video showing the 2 drives that appear when I connect my drive.

Hi there, sorry for the late response. Sorry that we have tried to visit the link, however the access was denied. Would you please help to reset the permission so that we would read it? Thanks.
1-14 22:55
Use props
jxd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 1-14 22:55
Hi there, sorry for the late response. Sorry that we have tried to visit the link, however the access was denied. Would you please help to reset the permission so that we would read it? Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry about that. I have uploaded it to my Youtube channel with the link below.

https://youtube.com/shorts/wEr0IsF6cv8?feature=share
1-26 10:55
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

jxd Posted at 1-26 10:55
Hi,

Sorry about that. I have uploaded it to my Youtube channel with the link below.

Hi there, thank you for sharing. After checking the video, it shows there it a prompt popped up on the screen. May I know did you click and trust the device and see if it could work or not?
1-26 23:37
Use props
jxd
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I think I may have figured out the issue. Can you not transfer files from the device if it's not powered on? I was connecting it while it was off. I thought that I would be able to read the card if the device was off. I should have known better as my mirrorless camera needs to be on for the memory card to be seen while plugged into my PC.

We used to call this error, PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.

It is rather odd that if the Osmo is powered off but plugged into the PC it makes the connect/disconnect sound every 30 seconds or so but I'm not going to pursue that issue. I'm just glad the issue was me and not the device.

Thanks for the help.
Jim
2-7 15:14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jxd Posted at 2-7 15:14
Hi,

I think I may have figured out the issue. Can you not transfer files from the device if it's not powered on? I was connecting it while it was off. I thought that I would be able to read the card if the device was off. I should have known better as my mirrorless camera needs to be on for the memory card to be seen while plugged into my PC.

Hi there, yes, it's needed to turn on the Osmo Pocket 3, after Osmo Pocket 3 is connected to the computer, options will appear on the camera interface: file transfer/webcam.
2-7 20:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules