OBS not recognising OP3 but Quicktime do
421 7 1-15 08:24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scendre
lvl.1

France

I'm trying to use my OP3 as a webcam when I stream, the OP3 is correctly recognize by quicktime (even tho the image is an horizontal image in a vertical 1080x1920 format) but it doesn't show in OBS.
The camera shows in the list but black screen.

• I used the cable included
  • OBS is up to date
  • My M1 Mac is up to date

Any idea ?

1-15 08:24
Use props
Scendre
lvl.1

France

I actually tried again and it's shows, but If I move my hand in front of the camera, nothings shows. Picture is fixed.
1-15 08:26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you are using QuickTimePlayer, please contact first the software tech support for further assistance. We have tested one video software and the issue did not appear therefore, the problem might caused by third-party software settings or compatibility issues. Please let us know if this works on your end. Thank you for your cooperation
1-15 20:41
Use props
Scendre
lvl.1

France

There's no issue with QuickTimePlayer, but with OBS. And even QuickTime Player as you can see, the picture is not full frame.
1-16 03:09
Use props
fans02df3009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73609 ft
Portugal

I downloaded the latest version of OBS (v30.0.2) for an M1 Macbook last night and tried it as well.  It is VERY hit or miss.  I got it to work twice (briefly) out of about 9 tries.  Definitely not consistently recognizing the OP3 in webcam mode, and when it does, it does NOT stay connected/functioning for very long.
1-17 02:19
Use props
fans02df3009
lvl.3
Portugal

@DJI Paladin
would sure like to see this escalated to the engineers.  OBS is a very useful tool for many people and it simply is VERY unreliable to both get working and stay working.
1-19 02:31
Use props
Scendre
lvl.1

France

Agree with you @fans02df3009 !
Thinking about returning it cause I'm planing to travel the world with it AND use it as webcam with my M1, but it look like it might be not the perfect camera for it.
1-24 06:00
Use props
misticjeff
lvl.3
Portugal

Scendre Posted at 1-24 06:00
Agree with you @fans02df3009 !
Thinking about returning it cause I'm planing to travel the world with it AND use it as webcam with my M1, but it look like it might be not the perfect camera for it.

Before giving up... have you tried Streamlabs or StreamX??  I have not, but will try and give both a shot and post here once I do.
1-25 01:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules