Osmo Mobile 6 sometimes wobble
418 3 1-16 07:34
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deltaxel
lvl.2
Czechia

Hi everyone,

I bought the Osmo Mobile 6 (dark) soon after it came out.
I've been using it ever since, at least 3 intensive hours per week, often more.
In the past 6 months I have been noticing some wobbleing in some of my videos.
It appear to be tilt and/or roll related.
Originally it seemed to be only when approaching the angular limits of the gimball and happened extremly rarely.
Now it's appening rugalraly, even in positions simillar to default (gimbal re-centered).

The issue is now farly problematic. Two sotfware updates happened since I started to notice, without helping with this.
I'm re-calibrating the gimbal everytime I'm stating a recording session.
There is no more update available.

Does anyone have experience this issue?
1-16 07:34
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Please upload the original video file showing the issue via Google Drive and send the link here so we ca can check. Also, please confirm what mobile device are you using. You may try to use a different mobile device to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted.
1-16 21:27
Use props
Deltaxel
lvl.2
Czechia

Hi,

Here is one of the file that has the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/g ... f3srdd6x8k&dl=0
You can notice a wobble at 0:30 and 1:10. There are other occurrences on this videos and other videos if needed.

I'm recording on an iPhone 13 pro max with a polar pro case.
Recording is done in ProRes 422 HQ using REC app from tentacle sync.
1-19 13:07
Use props
Deltaxel
lvl.2
Czechia

I found out the reason!

I went on multiple events since my last post with both my OM6 and my R4D.
And I found the reason when I reproduced the same exact issue with my R4D  on one of the events.
This is a temperature issue!

Some of those events add a few hundreds people in there and the temperature (and humidity) skyrocketed.
You would sweat in a T-shirt standing kind of hot.
The OM6 just kept shaking for each pan movements.
And at some point, the R4D did too...
It was for less than a couple seconds and I wasn't filming (jus picked up from the table) but after trial and error I found out why.

I keep my R4D running the whole event (never know when I will need it).
And I had the habit for lowering the 4th axis when putting the camera down.
And at that time the camera was running without moving for more than 30 minutes in that sauna.
Here is the thing, there is front fan blowing hot air out on this camera. And the z-axis is totally in the way when down.
It caused all this hot air to blow on the pan motor for a significant amount of time and the affected area was hot to the touch for a few seconds.

Since then, left the z-axis up and never got the issue again no matter how hot the room was.
For the OM6, no such solution.
I do leave the telescopic part slightly open to let air pass between the pan axis and the rest of the stabilizer.
Although it does help, there is nothing more I can do beside buying a fan of some sort.

I'd like to see a version of the OM a bit more robust in terms of specs. Not sure if it will happen but I'm hopeful.
2-29 10:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules