Sport mode not working - Osmo 3
472 14 1-20 03:34
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rv333
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I can't get the Sportmode to activate using the prees button once, release press button again and hold procedure?

I've reinstalled the software, looked all over the app. Googled it and found other users have had this problem, is there a fix anyone knows of?

Thanks
1-20 03:34
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, rv333. Sorry about the trouble. Will it be fine if you post a sample video showing the issue for us to further check? You can upload it to any file-sharing app/site like Google Drive or upload it to YouTube and then paste the link here. Thank you for your patience.
1-20 21:18
Use props
rv333
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-20 21:18
Hi, rv333. Sorry about the trouble. Will it be fine if you post a sample video showing the issue for us to further check? You can upload it to any file-sharing app/site like Google Drive or upload it to YouTube and then paste the link here. Thank you for your patience.

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for your reply. Please find a video link here;

https://youtu.be/oqNAJj2AQ74

Any comments appreciated.
1-21 03:10
Use props
rv333
lvl.1

United Kingdom

rv333 Posted at 1-21 03:10
Hi Tony,

Sorry, I don't think the audio was there on that clip.

Basically I said that the sport mode is not working and I went through the procedure of activating it
1-21 03:20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rv333 Posted at 1-21 03:10
Hi Tony,

Thank you very much. I will forward this and update you right away once I get the reply. By the way, may I also know what is the model of the phone you're using and if the OM 3 is already on the latest firmware? You can also try reinstalling the Mimo app or check if the issue will still occur from a different phone. I appreciate your patience.
1-21 03:47
Use props
rv333
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks you. Please let me know if you need another video with sound. Kind regards,
1-21 09:00
Use props
rv333
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm using the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
I believe it's the latest firmware as the auto update is on and it's connected to the WiFi.
I have tried re-installing the app.

It appears to be a known problem as there is another thread about this issue. https://forum.dji.com/thread-274 ... 20to%20enable%20the,check%20if%20the%20issue%20persists.
1-21 09:03
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rv333 Posted at 1-21 09:03
I'm using the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
I believe it's the latest firmware as the auto update is on and it's connected to the WiFi.
I have tried re-installing the app.

Thank you very much for the added information. I will make sure to keep you updated. Have a nice day.
1-21 21:54
Use props
rv333
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok, so what's the problem? Is it a software glitch? Hardware fault?

How can I fix it?
1-22 04:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rv333 Posted at 1-22 04:18
Ok, so what's the problem? Is it a software glitch? Hardware fault?

How can I fix it?

Hi. rv333. Thank you for patiently waiting. To cover more shooting scenarios and requirements, the “Sport Mode” on the Gimbal Settings menu was changed to “Follow Speed” from DJI Mimo v1.6.4. To enter the Sport Mode, set Follow Speed to “Fast” or follow the old method by tapping and holding the Trigger. After the gimbal enters the Sport Mode, the message stating “Sport mode enabled” (as shown below)

will not appear on the camera view. It can only be determined based on the actual gimbal following effect. Can you please have a try? Please keep me posted. Have a nice day.
1-24 00:55
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 1-24 00:55
Hi. rv333. Thank you for patiently waiting. To cover more shooting scenarios and requirements, the “Sport Mode” on the Gimbal Settings menu was changed to “Follow Speed” from DJI Mimo v1.6.4. To enter the Sport Mode, set Follow Speed to “Fast” or follow the old method by tapping and holding the Trigger. After the gimbal enters the Sport Mode, the message stating “Sport mode enabled” (as shown below)
[view_image]
will not appear on the camera view. It can only be determined based on the actual gimbal following effect. Can you please have a try? Please keep me posted. Have a nice day.

What do you mean by trigger? OP3 has only 2 physical buttons - One is Record, which double acts as a Power On/Off switch when pressed for 2 seconds, and Joystick, which locks the Gimbal when long pressed.
1-24 02:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

federnet Posted at 1-24 02:18
What do you mean by trigger? OP3 has only 2 physical buttons - One is Record, which double acts as a Power On/Off switch when pressed for 2 seconds, and Joystick, which locks the Gimbal when long pressed.

Hi. Sorry about the confusion. It might be because of the title. rv333 was referring to Osmo Mobile 3.
1-24 02:21
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Sorry, Actually it's my fault. I didn't realize I am in the OM3 thread, not the OP3 .
1-24 02:57
Use props
rv333
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
Thanks for your reply and the information. I tried what you suggested and got the following results.

1.  Setting the Follow Speed to “Fast” in the Mimo App gimbal settings increases the follow speed. I assume the 'Fast' setting is 'Sports Mode'?
2.  Using the trigger if I Press once, and then press and hold this also changes the follow speed. If the trigger is released it goes back to slow mode. I think this is meant to happen the 'Release to exit'?

So to change to Fast follow without having to hold the trigger I have to go to the settings and change the follow mode to fast.

You said was Sports mode was changed on the gimbal settings to “Follow Speed” from DJI Mimo v1.6.4 and NO message saying 'Sports Mode' now appears on screen.

Ok so this now makes sense. It was user error on my behalf from the confusion of seeing old clips on the web on changing the settings to sports mode.

I think this has solved the problem. Many thanks for your help.

1-24 03:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rv333 Posted at 1-24 03:46
Hi,
Thanks for your reply and the information. I tried what you suggested and got the following results.

Awesome. We are glad it is already sorted out. You can always reach us if you need further assistance. Have a great day.
1-27 00:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules