No landscape mode with iPhone 15 Pro with MagSafe mount.
149 3 1-21 03:16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mediastinum
New

Australia

Hello, everyone.
My Osmo Mobile 4 does not turn sideways, instead gets stuck at a 20 degree angle when I use the Magsafe mount.

Before I go on, here is what I mainly use:
- iPhone 15 Pro
- 3rd party magsafe mount

My Osmo Mobile 4 turns sideways when I use the original clamp that came with the device, but I do not use it since the clamp cannot hold my phone without activating the SOS.
I assume the Magsafe is the problem, but the landscape mode worked fine with my old iPhone 10 and 11 Pro Max.
I am not sure if I should stick with the original clamp that does not work.

Also, here are some other problems:
- Auto calibration stuck at five percent;
- DJI Mimo app keeps telling me the phone is not mounted.

If anyone is using a Magsafe mount, or knows how to properly mount the original clamp with iPhone 15 Pro, please inform me.

Thank you.

1-21 03:16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. We can't suggest using any third-party accessories with the Osmo Mobile 4 as they were not tested. However, if the original clamp is accidentally pushing buttons on your phone, have you already considered using a Magnetic Ring Holder instead? You can check it here: https://store.dji.com/product/om-magnetic-ring-holder?vid=93471. Have a great day
1-21 20:27
Use props
Mediastinum
New

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-21 20:27
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. We can't suggest using any third-party accessories with the Osmo Mobile 4 as they were not tested. However, if the original clamp is accidentally pushing buttons on your phone, have you already considered using a Magnetic Ring Holder instead? You can check it here: https://store.dji.com/product/om-magnetic-ring-holder?vid=93471. Have a great day

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I have tried the ring holder, but it failed to stick on my phone with or without my phone case.
Also, the ring holder causes weird vibration that I cannot really explain (it just goes brrrrrr by itself when attached to the OM4 with or without my phone).
I might try to superglue it if I can get one.
1-23 23:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mediastinum Posted at 1-23 23:24
Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I have tried the ring holder, but it failed to stick on my phone with or without my phone case.

I see. If you're going to try the ring holder again, please make sure to remove the phone case and check and use the alignment guide. Attach the DJI OM 4 magnetic ring holder and check whether the buckle is in the slot and whether the white dot is aligned.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.
1-24 01:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules