rename custom settings
689 21 1-26 05:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fTyu9adWP8hX
lvl.2
United States

does anybody know if it's possible to rename the "C1", "C2" to have it be something like "Low-Light", "Daytime", etc?
1-26 05:13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont think so but it would be very useful
1-26 07:42
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

That would open up a can of worms on character input, language support, etc.
1-26 09:05
Use props
djiuser_fTyu9adWP8hX
lvl.2
United States

something tells me DJI has enough of a budget to support multiple cans of worms.  this would enhance the user experience in a big way, just my opinion.
1-26 09:10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

some people t hink its great, some do not want change but  what if  all highway signs were C1, C2,  it be a can of worms
1-26 09:43
Use props
djiuser_fTyu9adWP8hX
lvl.2
United States

yeah i get cha.  

admittedly i'm a novice so i have to learn and get used to videography in general.  at this point for me it just makes sense since words are more descriptive than a letter followed by a number.
1-26 09:50
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

challenges the memory,  with added features, adds the cost they chose this route since the  Action 1
1-26 10:19
Use props
djiuser_fTyu9adWP8hX
lvl.2
United States

ok. honestly i don't really care about what it takes the company to do something.  i'm not an employee
1-26 10:39
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

When you reset the camera to factory settings (or turn it on for the first time), it gives you a couple of languages to choose from. This implies character input would need to support all those languages at the minimum.  You can't put a keyboard on that tiny screen because some people have bigger fingers so that would create a problem with character input. A different input method would be required. When you consider how many people would find this feature a "must", if I were in the driver's seat, I would certainly not implement it. It just simply doesn't worth it.

Look at the custom folder name function somewhere in the settings menu. Even though that's just 3 or 4 characters, you have to fiddle with the input for ages because scrolling up/down to find each character is a daunting task. I bet barely anyone uses that feature. And that's just for 3 characters. Now imagine you'd need to do the same for an entire word or two. There's simply no point doing it.

As far as highway signs, I'm not sure what the logic is behind comparing highway signs to character input on a camera, but highway exits are labelled as "A" or "B", depending on the type of exit. Not to mention, they are all represented by numbers, eg Exit 32, Exit 32A, Exit 32B, "Convention Center Use Exit 4B", etc. not "Convention Center Use Exit Martin Luther King Blvd".

Either way, you can certainly put in a request and DJI will forward it to the appropriate department :-)

1-26 11:59
Use props
djiuser_fTyu9adWP8hX
lvl.2
United States

i've seen keyboards smaller than the screen on the action 4, remember dumb phones?  maybe it's something that could be implemented in the mimo app?  i was a developer in a former life and you sometimes need to think outside the box to satisfy a customer's need.  with that said, i'm not saying it's a 'must' by any stretch but it's a little off putting with people that are so quick to shut something down when they have literally zero stake in the game.
1-26 12:06
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

this is not a gopro that you can do it on the app, they finally released the profile names, open the  quick app, and type,  its not going to happen anytime soon with DJI  but I do want it as well as others not gonna write a long story saying you need to do it on the camera its on the apps?
1-26 16:39
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this option isn't available, however, we'll consider it as a suggestion and forward it to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your understanding.
1-27 03:41
Use props
djiuser_fTyu9adWP8hX
lvl.2
United States

cool.  thank you for considering this!  
1-27 18:38
Use props
djiuser_b5WWisouQUV1
New

Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-27 03:41
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this option isn't available, however, we'll consider it as a suggestion and forward it to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello there. Renaming custom presets feature can be added in the mimo app, so we can use virtual keyboard to rename. It would be very quick to realize
4-16 06:49
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_b5WWisouQUV1 Posted at 4-16 06:49
Hello there. Renaming custom presets feature can be added in the mimo app, so we can use virtual keyboard to rename. It would be very quick to realize

Hi there. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
4-18 07:33
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the whole line up that is not just one camera and this   ihate to say will not happen
4-18 08:38
Use props
Reiner.
lvl.4
Germany

Why wasting time for something which will disappear with the next firmware update?
4-18 09:25
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

Reiner. Posted at 4-18 09:25
Why wasting time for something which will disappear with the next firmware update?

Finally, someone expresses my opinion.  The number of times I've had to re-create the presets, I just leave it to two presets that I actually use.  I don't get too attached to the presets anymore.  I just edit an existing one to suit the recording needs at that time.    I basically keep one for "Day" and another for "Night".
The next firmware update will wipe everything anyway.
4-19 09:56
Use props
TheStriff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24839 ft
Australia

I would like to have this option as well.
Would be useful renaming the presets.
But also an option to back up your presets / settings / configurations when doing firmware upgrades,
4-22 19:26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TheStriff Posted at 4-22 19:26
I would like to have this option as well.
Would be useful renaming the presets.
But also an option to back up your presets / settings / configurations when doing firmware upgrades,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We want you to know that this suggestion has already been forwarded and will be given careful consideration by our development team. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Have a nice day.
4-22 21:26
Use props
djiuser_me5kcyKkvPz4
New

Sweden

osmonauta Posted at 1-26 11:59
When you reset the camera to factory settings (or turn it on for the first time), it gives you a couple of languages to choose from. This implies character input would need to support all those languages at the minimum.  You can't put a keyboard on that tiny screen because some people have bigger fingers so that would create a problem with character input. A different input method would be required. When you consider how many people would find this feature a "must", if I were in the driver's seat, I would certainly not implement it. It just simply doesn't worth it.

Look at the custom folder name function somewhere in the settings menu. Even though that's just 3 or 4 characters, you have to fiddle with the input for ages because scrolling up/down to find each character is a daunting task. I bet barely anyone uses that feature. And that's just for 3 characters. Now imagine you'd need to do the same for an entire word or two. There's simply no point doing it.

Just let the Mimo app support renaming
4-23 01:09
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_me5kcyKkvPz4 Posted at 4-23 01:09
Just let the Mimo app support renaming

That's a good idea and would be easiest to implent
4-23 01:38