DJI Mic 2: Receiver gain via USB is 12dB lower than Mic 1
419 7 1-26 14:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jirka Krivanek
lvl.1

Czechia

Hello there,
I have just bought the DJI Mic 2 (while I still have the DJI Mic 1).

I am struggling with the receiver gain.

Better than try to describe, I prepared a video onto YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iLI8EnFYPQ ...

Does anyone experience the same issue?

I know I can increase the TX gain, but that does not make sense (especially while the internal recording is more or less even)...

Best,

Jiri.
1-26 14:10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Let me forward this to the relevant team to confirm. I will get back to you soon with an update. I appreciate your patience.
1-28 00:06
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. After some tests from the relevant team, the difference is not as obvious as the said feedback. For further checking may we please have the following?
1).Third-party perspective, recording video when RX(DJI Mic & DJI Mic 2) is connected to the device;
2). TX (DJI Mic & DJI Mic 2) material recorded in the device.
Have a great day.
1-30 02:34
Use props
firatdede
lvl.2

Turkey

Yes, same problem. For just adequare recording I had to increase gain to +12 (Standalone using). With bluetooth also it gives different volumes. Mic 2 needs better firmware.
1-30 06:49
Use props
Jirka Krivanek
lvl.1

Czechia

Yes, I also tried to boost the gain of the TX. But that resulted in some kind of distortion of the output voice...

With DJI Mic 1, I was used to just clip it to my t-shirt with the magnet, let it be in default settings, record it with the DaVinci Resolve Fairlight, and I got quite a nice voice recording (well not as nice as with the shotgun high end mic, but the user experience is worth of this slightly lower quality - in most cases).

With DJI Mic 2, unfortunately, this approach does not work at all. I have to put the Mic 2 just in front of my mouth - on the stand - and boost the gain.  This way, I can get usable quality too - but it is far away from the Mic 1 results. Plus the user experience is horrible. if I want to spend a lot of time with the preparations, then I go for some higher quality mic too...

To me, it seems (just guessing) that Mic 2 hase completely different physical microphone (reading the characteristics at the DJI specs, does not help much).

If anyone knows how to record with the Mic 2 on the t-shirt, to have the comparable results as with the Mic 1, pelase illuminate me...
1-30 12:04
Use props
Jirka Krivanek
lvl.1

Czechia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-30 02:34
Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. After some tests from the relevant team, the difference is not as obvious as the said feedback. For further checking may we please have the following?
1).Third-party perspective, recording video when RX(DJI Mic & DJI Mic 2) is connected to the device;
2). TX (DJI Mic & DJI Mic 2) material recorded in the device.

Hello, here is the YouTube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iLI8EnFYPQ

which contains these parts
* The recordings from the TX, via the RX, into my MacBook Pro 16 M2 (I record with the DaVinci Resolve, as usually)
* The recordings directly into the TX and extracting the WAV files from it

Or may be I do not fully understand what you need
1-30 12:10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jirka Krivanek Posted at 1-30 12:10
Hello, here is the YouTube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iLI8EnFYPQ

Hello. Thank you very much for your efforts. May we also have the video of the DJI Mic and DJI Mic 2 connected to the device in operation? I appreciate your patience.
1-31 01:38
Use props
dconnolly
New

Ireland

hi, I've reproduced something similar on a Windows Dell Laptop with RX connected over USB-C.
With default Gain on TX & RX absolutely no audio is observed in MS-Teams,
but with TX set to +12 and RX set to +6, the DJI Mic 2 behaves as normal.
This is not observable over Bluetooth.

@DJI Tony can you confirm the dev team are investigating this scenario?
thanks very much.

(Note: Intel & Realtek and Wave Audio drivers are installed on this PC,
these are quite obnoxious, but shouldn't really interfere with something so basic)
3-12 03:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules