LACK OF PROCEDURE OR MEANS OF TROUBLESHOOTING SHIPPING ISSUES.
453 3 1-27 14:23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vortex Guy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121549 ft

United States

Good day fellow drone enthusiasts.

TLDR:
Please create a system or procedure at DJI to update shipping information on already shipped orders.

I've got a somewhat complex issue that could be grounds for improvement with DJI's otherwise great support structure.

Bottom Line Up Front:
I had a bad experience with a UPS delivery of a Package containing Replacement DJI drone from Case# CAS-15465379-S4X8X1, and DJI lacked any preexisting or standardized capacity to troubleshoot shipping issues with UPS resulting in more significant and ongoing delays and complications.

The Details:
At around 3:00 PM on Saturday on January 20th, while conducting a daylight waypoint flight plan and with an Active Collision Avoidance System My Mavic 3 Pro became entangled is a treetop and came crashing down from ~80 ft in elevation. It the process of falling out of the tree, several branches where hit resulting in the following damage:
1. Camera Lense Knocked from Camera with no visible damage (I had to search for the lense in the leaves on the ground).
2. Camera Gimbal Mounting Bracket Snapped in multiple Locations
3. Front-right-side swing arm snapped from its mounting, also damaged hull immediately around the arm hinge mounting point which had snapped out of its pressed socket breaking the socket in the process.
4. Hull-break by the battery Mount (Battery showed no signs of damage, but I believe the battery put pressure on the side of the drone during the collision causing the hull-break).

I assessed the damage to be unsalvageable and due to an upcoming job, elected to use the Express Replacement Option of the DJI Care Refresh plan I had also purchased.

Everything was going without issue except for having to delay a $300 weekend Job that has now been canceled due to the delay in receiving the drone I am still experiencing at the time of my writing this post (I'm still upset about that, but there's nothing I can do about it). The significant issues started when UPS attempted delivery while I was working at my day job. The UPS driver left a Delivery Notice (Notice # available) Marking both the 'Will attempt to deliver on the next delivery day' and the 'Were taking your package to a UPS Pickup location' options, but also circling the 'Were taking your package to a UPS Pickup location' option. The Notice Also included the UPS Access Point Name (My local CVS store) where the package was to be held.  I went straight to the UPS Access Point to retrieve the package but it hadn't been delivered there yet, so I decided to return the following day. When I returned the following day, the package was still not there. I then checked the UPS tracking number and found the package had been returned to the Sender. I then called the UPS hotline to get them to retry delivering the package but was told because it was under the "Return to Sender" status there was nothing they could do and that I should call DJI to get DJI to update the delivery with another attempt to deliver the package.

This is where DJI comes in with what I believe to be a significant deficiency in service capabilities. Upon calling the DJI Service hotline I was told there was nothing that could be done until the package was received at the Texas facility. The service rep was unfamiliar with UPS shipping services, which I have no issue with because that is outside the normal concern of a service rep, and any given service rep is almost never trained in that capacity. The issue with DJI services came to light when I learned from the service rep  that there is no way for me to update shipping information through DJI when an error such as this occurs. In order to prevent delivery failures of high value items in the future, I asked for either the retried delivery attempt to be delivered to my families pack-and-ship business, or for a new shipment be made to the address of my families pack-and-ship business. Either of these service options can be accommodated through a shipping department, but due to a perceived deficiency in DJI's operational structure, reliable shipped order maintenance is impossible despite DJI having the capability to perform such functions through UPS.

As it stands currently, the package is waiting to deliver on December 29th (Monday) and the service reps I've talked to have told me they have annotated an updated delivery address in the notes to that package, but also offered the disclaimer that the notes may be missed by the facility staff at the Texas location. The representatives on the phone were also unable to provide any confirmation or documentation that I wouldn't be charged for the additional shipping. despite me providing them with the UPS Case# that would have according to UPS waived the shipping cost on a UPS collect shipment to reship the drone. This indicates to me that either DJI does not care if I am charged the additional shipping cost, or that DJI would charge me shipping anyway even if shipping is free from UPS to correct the issue that UPS broke their delivery protocols with this order through no fault of my own.
At this point, I am mainly frustrated with a seemingly underperforming UPS driver/UPS Access Point, UPS's poor phone support, and to a lesser extent a lack of direct or documented communication with any personel at DJI responsible for shipping.

Call for Change:
This massive headache of mine has only Cost me an additional $300 job so far, and another $350 dollar job if I am unable to fly by next weekend. This all could have been avoided if there was a direct means of communication with a entity at DJI capable of performing maintenance on an active shipment. Please make it so.

Best regards,

Grant

Note: Shipping tracking information withheld for privacy reasons, available upon request via PM if needed by DJI Personnel.

Pics provided for refrence:
Note the tape pictured is not a repair, and is just present to affix my FAA Registration Number to the drone as required per Part 107 regulations.
photo_2024-01-27_17-21-07.jpg
photo_2024-01-27_17-21-07 (2).jpg
photo_2024-01-27_17-21-07 (2).jpg
1-27 14:23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Sorry to know about this. We'll communicate it to the team to further assist regarding your case. Anticipating your patience in resolving the matter.
1-27 16:07
Use props
Vortex Guy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121549 ft

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-27 16:07
Hi there. Sorry to know about this. We'll communicate it to the team to further assist regarding your case. Anticipating your patience in resolving the matter.

I just wanted to provide an update for the record:

Since the time of my original post, I was informed that the case was escalated to the attention of a Customer Care Manager by the name of Cathy who said much including the following "For this case, we will handle it via a flexible way, which is to ship out a replacement to you as soon as possible before getting the return parcel. I will Monitor the case in person shorten the overall processing time."

I am extremely satisfied with this response, and at the time of this update am waiting on an updated tracking number I have just requested (request was sent after normal office hours so I don't expect an immediate response), as well as a few other key details to be verified by necessity of my circumstance.
This update covers information that was exchanged via email.

I still believe having an accessible means of managing active shipments could prevent issues such as these in the future.
1-29 19:32
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vortex Guy Posted at 1-29 19:32
I just wanted to provide an update for the record:

Since the time of my original post, I was informed that the case was escalated to the attention of a Customer Care Manager by the name of Cathy who said much including the following "For this case, we will handle it via a flexible way, which is to ship out a replacement to you as soon as possible before getting the return parcel. I will Monitor the case in person shorten the overall processing time."

Thank you for your update on this case, we will also help to keep an eye on the status, and hope you receive the drone soon. Your feedback will also be noted.
1-29 20:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules