Constant Loss of Signal Mavic 2 Zoom
307 9 2-3 20:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kraken1964
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60932 ft
New Zealand

Mavic 2 Zoom controller loses connection after 20m.Reading all the forum beginner stuff about adjusting antennas etc. Please dont suggest this. Ive been happily flying this drone for a few years with never having a drop out.
Ive tried everything including the following.
iPhone 7
iPhone 12
Original cables
Aftermarket cables
New cables
Cables connected to USB
Latest firmware updates
Calibration

I noticed this starting to occur a few days ago after linking DJI Goggles (original) to the drone. Everything worked fine until today - constant loss and no signal after 20 or 30 meters from takeoff. WTF. Im just about to try an older Mavic Pro controller to see if that works. I havent calibrated IMU's but that will be the next effort.

Any ideas on what to do next?

2-3 20:17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

You seem to have tried most problem solving things to fix it. Have you tried unlinking it from the goggles? Is this happening only when you use the Goggles or without it? If you are around Auckland, Albany then I am happy to meet you and try and resolve.
2-3 22:40
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I double confirm if you're using DJI Goggles?
For DJI Goggles: The DJI Goggles do not support the Mavic 2’s 5.8 GHz frequency, and its default frequency is 2.4 GHz. It is recommended that you do not fly the drone in urban environments as there can be a lot of signal interference.
For DJI Goggles RE: The DJI Goggles RE supports the Mavic 2’s 5.8 GHz frequency. For better experience, it is recommended you attach the DJI Pagoda antenna to the DJI Goggles RE to avoid external interference on the image transmission performance. If the antenna is not attached, it is recommended to use 2.4 GHz frequency band.
2-4 01:51
Use props
Kraken1964
lvl.1
New Zealand

Suren Posted at 2-3 22:40
You seem to have tried most problem solving things to fix it. Have you tried unlinking it from the goggles? Is this happening only when you use the Goggles or without it? If you are around Auckland, Albany then I am happy to meet you and try and resolve.

I haven't tried to unlink goggles but this occurred without using the goggles and then with the goggles and no controller. I am in Auckland and have access to large area to fly. Next I will try with mavic on the ground and walk away to see if that looses signal. Next step is to take it to Ferntech for repair.
2-4 10:14
Use props
Kraken1964
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-4 01:51
Hi there, may I double confirm if you're using DJI Goggles?
For DJI Goggles: The DJI Goggles do not support the Mavic 2’s 5.8 GHz frequency, and its default frequency is 2.4 GHz. It is recommended that you do not fly the drone in urban environments as there can be a lot of signal interference.
For DJI Goggles RE: The DJI Goggles RE supports the Mavic 2’s 5.8 GHz frequency. For better experience, it is recommended you attach the DJI Pagoda antenna to the DJI Goggles RE to avoid external interference on the image transmission performance. If the antenna is not attached, it is recommended to use 2.4 GHz frequency band.

Hi yep using DJI original goggles. First hooked them up a few days ago and didn't have any problems.  I saw 1 of 2 short loss of signal but yesterday I can no longer fly further than around 20m and signal stays lost until around 10m and I can land manually. Haven't tried messing with the frequency with the goggles.
2-4 10:19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Kraken1964 Posted at 2-4 10:14
I haven't tried to unlink goggles but this occurred without using the goggles and then with the goggles and no controller. I am in Auckland and have access to large area to fly. Next I will try with mavic on the ground and walk away to see if that looses signal. Next step is to take it to Ferntech for repair.

Sweet, let me know. Those Mavic 2 drones have great range and rarely give issues.
2-5 10:44
Use props
Kraken1964
lvl.1
New Zealand

Suren Posted at 2-5 10:44
Sweet, let me know. Those Mavic 2 drones have great range and rarely give issues.

Going to try frequency change, delink the goggles (dont know how to do this) as it all started happening after I got the goggles, and rollback firmware to see if any of that works.
2-5 11:13
Use props
Kraken1964
lvl.1
New Zealand

Ive just tried custom frequency - exactly the same thing happens. Drop out of control after 50m. Now downgrading firmware to see if that makes a difference
2-5 15:40
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Kraken1964 Posted at 2-4 10:19
Hi yep using DJI original goggles. First hooked them up a few days ago and didn't have any problems.  I saw 1 of 2 short loss of signal but yesterday I can no longer fly further than around 20m and signal stays lost until around 10m and I can land manually. Haven't tried messing with the frequency with the goggles.

You can try to relink the drone and remote controller and refresh the firmware on DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue still exists. https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2
2-6 01:12
Use props
Kraken1964
lvl.1
New Zealand

Thanks to the replies received. After spending much time trying everything mentioned on every forum I took the Mavic to a authorized repair agent and after much testing the main board was replaced. Quite expensive at nearly $900 NZD.  After getting it back the other day tried some distance flights which were successful at around 1000 to 1500m and 120m altitude. Some small issue still need fixing such as some circling with initial RTH on overhead decent and one other issue with stuck in photo mode. Taking it back to agent tomorrow to sort out.
2-22 19:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules