GSPro Replacement for 3D Terrain Map Flightplan ?
330 13 2-10 15:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iaw4
lvl.1

United States

the DJI GSpro looked ideal to to set an altitude  and a region, and programming a flightplan with good photograph  intervals.

unfortunately, the flight plan does not seem to be  exportable to the standard DJI pilot program, so it needs to be executed  from DJI GSPro itself.

fatally, the app starts with a message  that DJI no longer maintains it; and when we try to fly the mission  itself, we are then informed about an unspecific error with request to  call DJI support.  I presume that they stopped supporting it, so calling  is probably useless.

so, how do I get a flight-plan for a 3D map, with a good grid overlap and snapshots at appropriate into my DJI now?

PS: why did DJI abandon GSPro without a functional substitute?

2-10 15:42
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please don't worry, the existing functions of the DJI GS Pro are still working normally.  Could you please provide a screenshot of the error messages you've got when you try to fly the mission? So I can check if there is anything we can help.
2-10 23:46
Use props
iaw4
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-10 23:46
Hi there, please don't worry, the existing functions of the DJI GS Pro are still working normally.  Could you please provide a screenshot of the error messages you've got when you try to fly the mission? So I can check if there is anything we can help.

it seems pretty non-descript --- unknown code 180, contact DJI support.  8012 .  on the "Waypoint" part.

PS: we should be updated to latest firmwares and versions on everything.

2-11 12:28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Your settings are disconcerting.  90/60 to 0.6...
try with a more conventional setting to see if it works.  80/70 to 3.
2-11 12:55
Use props
iaw4
lvl.1

United States

dear captain ---

(we are still newbies here.  can't find a manual for GSPro to read :-( .  Never mind...just found it!)

what do you mean by 90/60 to 0.6?  do you mean the metrics on the right side, F 90% S 60% ?  do you mean 0.6 cm/px ?

I don't even know what F and S mean, much less what the recommended way to change the values is.  (Fly higher?  Slower?)

Pointers appreciated.
2-11 13:18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

iaw4 Posted at 2-11 13:18
dear captain ---

(we are still newbies here.  can't find a manual for GSPro to read :-( .)

Its overlap and resolution.
You must find the optimal settings as to not override the minimal camera trigger time.

1st you setup the camera type and the resolution, it will gives an altitude.
Be sure this altitude is realistic, e.g do not fly 20m from ground if you are in a region with 30m canopy.
Then you select the F frontal overlap and S side overlap, according to what your photogrammetry software is capable of. It depends on the terrain texture, relief, building, trees...
And finally setup a speed that will respect the min triger time.
2-11 13:24
Use props
iaw4
lvl.1

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-11 13:24
Its overlap and resolution.
You must find the optimal settings as to not override the minimal camera trigger time.

thank you.  interestingly, 90% / 60% seem to be the default for GSPro (also described in the manual).  I am surprised that those would not be sensible.  I will try 80 / 80.  

assuming that the altitude is above ground and not MSL, I chose something reasonable with at least 15' of vertical clearance.

ok, I will experiment a little and see if I can get, by trial and error, the drone to like me more ;-).
2-11 13:48
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

iaw4 Posted at 2-11 12:28
[view_image]

it seems pretty non-descript --- unknown code 180, contact DJI support.  8012 .  on the "Waypoint" part.

The drone is the Mavic 2 Pro, right? Could you please check the firmware version of the drone and provide me with a screenshot of it?
2-11 23:30
Use props
iaw4
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-11 23:30
The drone is the Mavic 2 Pro, right? Could you please check the firmware version of the drone and provide me with a screenshot of it?

I think this is what you mean.  It was not easy to find this screen (and I probably won't be able to find it again).  If not, please let me know where to look.

The following may or may not be useful.  There is a class B airspace above me, beginning at 5,000' altitude.  Because I am flying up to 200' at most, I am well clear of it...as well as clear of any reasonable flight altitude over populated areas for aircraft, which is 500'.

Yes, Mavic 2 Pro .

2-12 11:09
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

iaw4 Posted at 2-12 11:09
[view_image]

I think this is what you mean.  It was not easy to find this screen (and I probably won't be able to find it again).  If not, please let me know where to look.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't find the firmware version of your drone in the screenshot you provided. Have you installed DJI Go 4? If so, you can check the firmware version in the DJI Go 4 app by going to Settings > General Settings > About.

It's important to check the firmware version before proceeding. The latest firmware version for Mavic 2 Pro is v01.00.0797. However, this firmware is not compatible with DJI GS Pro. If you need to use the aircraft with DJI GS Pro (iPad), you'll need to connect the aircraft to a computer with DJI Assistant 2 installed and downgrade the firmware to v01.00.0790.
2-13 00:38
Use props
iaw4
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-13 00:38
I'm sorry, but I couldn't find the firmware version of your drone in the screenshot you provided. Have you installed DJI Go 4? If so, you can check the firmware version in the DJI Go 4 app by going to Settings > General Settings > About.

It's important to check the firmware version before proceeding. The latest firmware version for Mavic 2 Pro is v01.00.0797. However, this firmware is not compatible with DJI GS Pro. If you need to use the aircraft with DJI GS Pro (iPad), you'll need to connect the aircraft to a computer with DJI Assistant 2 installed and downgrade the firmware to v01.00.0790.

indeed.  

(unfortunately, the dji assistant (for downgrading) does not seem to be compatible with the latest version of ios, either.)

perhaps more importantly, will there be a firmware update coming that will make GSPro work again anytime soon (a month)?  In this case, I would rather wait.  if not soon, maybe this should not be the current stable version of the firmware...

2-13 11:53
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

There will be no update for GSpro, it is a product that is no longer supported. For the Mavic it's the same, there is already little chance that there will be an update, and if there is one it will certainly not be compatible. Its a Remote ID story.

As I already wrote to you in another thread, as the mod wrote to you, you need to downgrade the drone to v01.00.0770 for it to work with GSpro. 2.JPG
Release note (djicdn.com)

You must have someone around you who uses a real computer with Windows, because the Assistant 2 update isn't coming tomorrow.

1.JPG

DJI Assistant 2 - Download Center - DJI
2-13 13:13
Use props
iaw4
lvl.1

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-13 13:13
There will be no update for GSpro, it is a product that is no longer supported. For the Mavic it's the same, there is already little chance that there will be an update, and if there is one it will certainly not be compatible. Its a Remote ID story.

As I already wrote to you in another thread, as the mod wrote to you, you need to downgrade the drone to v01.00.0770 for it to work with GSpro.[view_image]

ok, understood now.  I had hoped not to risk it.  Hope dies last.

(there is a program confusingly named "DJI Assistant" in the iPad Appstore.)

there is an "Assistant 2" Mac app in the DJI Download Center, which installs and run just fine.  It wants to install HornDIS for an Android phone, which fails on macos these days, but which isn't needed.  At this point, I was able to run the "Assistant 2" on macos (M1), and it allowed me to downgrade the firmware after connecting the drone with a USB-C cable directly.  Yeah!  (now all I need to make sure that someone doesn't accidentally allow the upgrade again.)

in between, I got an "upgrade failed" message, but it then continued updating from 45% to completion.

and then it all worked.  thank you susan and captain...
2-13 16:46
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

iaw4 Posted at 2-13 16:46
ok, understood now.  I had hoped not to risk it.  Hope dies last.

(there is a program confusingly named "DJI Assistant" in the iPad Appstore.)

Sorry for the belated reply and it is good to hear that you have sorted out the issue. Thanks for LV_Forestry's assistance.
Please feel free to ask if you need further help, I will try my best.
2-15 01:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules