My new DJI Osmo Action 3 stops recording at 5:31 and starts again.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mas J
New
Indonesia

Hello good people, the problem is, in the case of making long videos, it gets portioned. Today I made a video of 13 minutes, the first one stopped at 5:30 and started automatically again which ended somewhere at 6:48. On the screen, it shows the recording for consecutive 11/12 minutes, but when I check in the gallery, it always comes with two videos. I use SunDisk Extreme 128 GB. I captured it with 4K 25 FPS. Do you guys know what is happening and what can be done to get rid of this problem? Thanks for your time.
2-12 16:55
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out.
1. For SD cards with a memory of less than 64GB, only the FAT32 file system can be used (SD Association stipulates that files can be formatted into exFAT in Windows system for non-standard usage). Files larger than 4GB cannot be stored on a FAT32 volume.
2. For SD cards with memory greater than or equal to 64GB, only the exFAT file system can be used (which is specified by the SD Association). Theoretically, a single file can exceed 4GB. However, to avoid errors resulting from files being too large, we still split files when the capacity exceeds 4GB.
Have a great day ahead.
2-12 21:56
Use props
Mas J
New
Indonesia

Oh, thanks for your reply. So, it is like if the size of the file is about to exceed 4 GB, it will automatically split the video into 2 parts. Hmmm...
2-13 06:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mas J Posted at 2-13 06:33
Oh, thanks for your reply. So, it is like if the size of the file is about to exceed 4 GB, it will automatically split the video into 2 parts. Hmmm...

Thank you for responding. Yes, this phenomenon is normal. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will not stop but a new file will be generated when the video file reaches 4GB. I hope this brings clarity to our query. Please feel free to reach us if you have further concerns.
2-15 00:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules