DJI Terra , weird tear in point cloud
410 13 2-15 19:25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisojackso
lvl.1

United States

Anyone know what could have happend here? DRTK2 was never touched during flight, Quality report said it got rtk corrections 100% of the flight,
Could this be a processing problem? Very confused. Processed it twice with the same result.

Could this be mended in anyway or will I just have to refly this section?

Its got a Rectangle of ground below where all the other ground is. if I look at all the points it shows another layer of ground above where it classified the lower section of ground
Using L2 , M350

2-15 19:25
Use props
chrisojackso
lvl.1

United States

2-15 19:26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Is it written "multiple values" in the coordinates of the base station in Terra ?
2-15 21:30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for your issue, please refer to LV_Forestry's reply on 3#, and make sure to turn on point cloud accuracy optimization when reconstructing point clouds. Please keep us updated.
2-16 04:35
Use props
chrisojackso
lvl.1

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-15 21:30
Is it written "multiple values" in the coordinates of the base station in Terra ?

EDIT: Sorry attached wrong screenshot for the first picture picture I meant to attach below
I have multiple base station files because of battery changes, but do not see anywhere that says Multiple Values.

Reran the processing without anything extra like Point Cloud optimization , or GCPs going on and got the same result.

In the field it said the quality report was 100% fixed but the terra quality report says POS Status 99.71% fixed, .29% other. And has this warning on it. Could the drone lost RTK for a second and thats why it looks like that?

Its weird that this quality report says 99.71% but the one I ran with nothing else going on said 100% But both have the same problem so that may not be it, IDK.

2-16 04:46
Use props
chrisojackso
lvl.1

United States

chrisojackso Posted at 2-16 04:46
[view_image]

I have multiple base station files because of battery changes, but do not see anywhere that says Multiple Values.

What i see for the base station
2-16 04:50
Use props
chrisojackso
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-16 04:35
Hi there, sorry for your issue, please refer to LV_Forestry's reply on 3#, and make sure to turn on point cloud accuracy optimization when reconstructing point clouds. Please keep us updated.

Thanks for the reply , it is turned on. I added some pictures of what I am seeing for the base station and quality report.
2-16 04:55
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

chrisojackso Posted at 2-16 04:50
[view_image]

What i see for the base station

Is the antenna in the position identified in the image below?

If so, are the trees still there?

2.JPG

2-16 05:09
Use props
chrisojackso
lvl.1

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-16 05:09
Is the antenna in the position identified in the image below?

If so, are the trees still there?

Kind of hard to tell from that picture but it looks in the area, Where we set up there were trees around but we were in a clearing where we had some clear sky coverage and the controller said we were getting around 30 satellites

However there were moments where the controller would get spotty connection to the drone, on the screen it would get to 2-1 "bars" of connection. but never actually lost connection, could that be the cause?

Here is a picture of the coordinates from google earth that looks like where we set up
2-16 05:28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

chrisojackso Posted at 2-16 05:28
Kind of hard to tell from that picture but it looks in the area, Where we set up there were trees around but we were in a clearing where we had some clear sky coverage and the controller said we were getting around 30 satellites

However there were moments where the controller would get spotty connection to the drone, on the screen it would get to 2-1 "bars" of connection. but never actually lost connection, could that be the cause?

Ok I see where the problem could be. You should always set up a base station with a clear view of the sky at least 15 degrees from the horizontal. Placing it next to a tree is a guarantee of having incorrect coordinates.

You can retrieve the rtcm files from the antenna's memory, then send them to me. Not sure that I will succeed in finding the right coordinates, especially since the corrections will also potentially be wrong.
2-16 05:54
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

chrisojackso Posted at 2-16 05:28

However there were moments where the controller would get spotty connection to the drone, on the screen it would get to 2-1 "bars" of connection. but never actually lost connection, could that be the cause?

Or else try with the Fincastle base station :
https://geodesy.noaa.gov/corsdat ... n14/tn140420.24o.gz
2-16 05:59
Use props
chrisojackso
lvl.1

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-16 05:59
Or else try with the Fincastle base station :
https://geodesy.noaa.gov/corsdata/rinex/2024/feb11/tn14/tn140420.24o.gz

Gotcha, thank you very much!
So even if the controller is saying I am getting ~30 satellites that does not necessarily mean I am getting good rtk?
Thankfully this is error was just outside the boundary of the property, I just really wanted to understand why it happened so I can avoid it happening again.
Thank you again!
2-16 06:12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

chrisojackso Posted at 2-16 06:12
Gotcha, thank you very much!
So even if the controller is saying I am getting ~30 satellites that does not necessarily mean I am getting good rtk?
Thankfully this is error was just outside the boundary of the property, I just really wanted to understand why it happened so I can avoid it happening again.

You can have 30 sat in sight and be 15m away from the actual position.  

What is important is the quality of the signal.  The principle of RTK/PPK is to allow the measurement of errors generated by the passage of the signal in the atmosphere.  

We consider that the atmosphere is sufficiently constant within a radius of 20-30km for the method to work.  The base and the rover must therefore not be disturbed by anything else.

You're welcome
2-16 06:24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

chrisojackso Posted at 2-16 04:55
Thanks for the reply , it is turned on. I added some pictures of what I am seeing for the base station and quality report.

Thank you for your reply. Noted that LV_Forestry provided useful suggestion above, you may try it out to see if it solves the issue.
If not, kindly help to export the flight data from M350 and L2 for us to check it further. Thank you.
2-17 06:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules