Osmo Mobile 6 + external mic + iPhone 15 Pro Max
1345 3 2-17 11:31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paczo_x
lvl.1

Poland

Hi everyone,
I've been using a Osmo Mobile 6 gimbal, and it works very well, I just wanted to add the external microphone to improve the sound quality, I bought a Rode VideoMic Me C and unfortunately it's not working with my setup. The dimensions of my phone (iPhone 15 Pro Max) with the microphone attached is to big and i'm getting balance errors and i cannot use my gimbal in horizontal mode.
So i'm looking for the best solutions to achieve it.

I'm very close to buy the wireless option, DJI Mic, but I'm still not convinced, because of the price of that thing.
In the best world - because i love the new sound quality while using Rode's mic -  i'd like to attach the mic i bought to my gimbal, but maybe i dunno, somewhere lower, using some kind of adapter, handle, maybe using an external arm, i don't really know.

Could you please suggest what should i do, or what should i buy?

Thanks

2-17 11:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Due to the hardware design restrictions, the Osmo Mobile 6 gimbal cannot be connected to an external third-party microphone. When connecting your mobile device to an external microphone, please note that there are no limitations on software and hardware regarding the external microphone function. It depends on the support of your mobile phone and microphone. If the microphone used is compatible with your mobile device, ensure that your mobile device is steady when using any third-party mic, wireless or wired (Avoid using a microphone that is too heavy or a cable that is too long, both of which may cause the mobile phone to tilt). Make sure that the gimbal is functioning properly. You may also want to check the DJI Mic 2 as it supports the DJI OM 5/6 gimbals via receiver. Here are the steps on connecting:

1. Use the smartphone adapter to connect the mobile device and DJI Mic receiver.
2. Mount the mobile device with DJI Mic receiver connected to the phone holder of DJI OM 5/OM 6 and then balance the mobile phone.
2-17 21:17
Use props
paczo_x
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-17 21:17
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Due to the hardware design restrictions, the Osmo Mobile 6 gimbal cannot be connected to an external third-party microphone. When connecting your mobile device to an external microphone, please note that there are no limitations on software and hardware regarding the external microphone function. It depends on the support of your mobile phone and microphone. If the microphone used is compatible with your mobile device, ensure that your mobile device is steady when using any third-party mic, wireless or wired (Avoid using a microphone that is too heavy or a cable that is too long, both of which may cause the mobile phone to tilt). Make sure that the gimbal is functioning properly. You may also want to check the DJI Mic 2 as it supports the DJI OM 5/6 gimbals via receiver. Here are the steps on connecting:

1. Use the smartphone adapter to connect the mobile device and DJI Mic receiver.

Thanks for your message.

Therefore, I'll try to buy a DJI Mic 1-gen, i hope it'll work fine and my Osmo Mobile 6 and phone with the receiver plugged in will work well on both sides (horizontal and vertical) and I maintain the functionality of the gimbal.
2-18 03:13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

paczo_x Posted at 2-18 03:13
Thanks for your message.

Therefore, I'll try to buy a DJI Mic 1-gen, i hope it'll work fine and my Osmo Mobile 6 and phone with the receiver plugged in will work well on both sides (horizontal and vertical) and I maintain the functionality of the gimbal.

You are very much welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries or concerns. Wish you have a blessed day ahead!
2-19 02:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules