711 10 2-18 05:40
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0c6c1ced
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello dear OSMO POCKET 3 R&D Team,

Because of the recent Cancel Recording functionality added to record button, I have accidentally lost valuable recording during my recent travel. This happened when a person started asking questions about the Pocket 3 camera. But in stuations like this, I press the power to quickly to save and end the recording, turn off the camera while I explain how great DJI pocket cameras are without looking in to the screen. However this functionality now destroys recording... Please add and option in the settings to disable the cancel recording functionality at your earliest convenience.

I do not wish to loose more valuable recordings like this that I can not retake, so please help.

Best wishes.

2-18 05:40
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to hear about this. I'll communicate it to the team for their attention and potentials. We are grateful for sharing your opinions with us. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2-18 08:23
Use props
arthurkeleti
New

Hungary

Hi OSMO POCKET 3 R&D Team,
and OP,

The exact same thing happened to me today. I lost 2 hours of recording of a roundtable discussion along with the audio recording. I was in a hurry and I didn't realize that I cancel the recording instead of powering off the device.
If the rotate screen to power off is set to never recording, canceling should not be active, or power off should save the recording regardless.

Is there a way to restore a "canceled" recording?
Thank You!
2-19 12:43
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

arthurkeleti Posted at 2-19 12:43
and OP,

Cancelling a recording is not a feature I find useful.  I can definitely see how after a two-hour recording, you can accidently delete it.  At the very least, make this an option to turn off or on....
2-19 14:54
Use props
arthurkeleti
New

Hungary

Update: I managed to restore the recordings using Disk Drill on MacOS.

This is how I did it:
0. I accidentally canceled the recording of a long video (2 hours)
1. After I realized my mistake (by looking at the videos on the Pocket 3), I turned off the device
2. I removed the SD card and plugged it into my Mac
3. I used the app Disk Drill to make a Quick Scan of the SD card
4. The app found the canceled recordings in the same folder where the active ones were (DCIM/DJI_001 in my case)
5. There were four files marked "Average" restoration chance
6. I clicked restore and marked my main HDD for destination
After about 20-30 minutes, the files were restored to the main HDD (not the SD Card) and were usable.

It is an expensive mistake you don't want to make!

Disk Drill 5:
https://www.cleverfiles.com/
2-19 15:10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

arthurkeleti Posted at 2-19 12:43
and OP,

Hi, arthurkeleti. We value your suggestions. Let me forward this to the development team for evaluation. Any news or updates will be announced officially on this forum site or DJI's official website. We appreciate your patience.
2-20 01:25
Use props
pocketsan
lvl.1
France

I got bitten with this today fortunately it wasn't an important recording but I fear I may lose more recordings like that in the future. I am already too much used to stop the recording by turning off the cam. I hope DJI can make this behavior optional.
2-20 12:39
Use props
djiuser_BOOcKpQQzQAE
lvl.2

New Zealand

At first I thought the Cancel Recording feature was a good Idea but it's proving to be a nightmare with important Videos I keep loosing....... Please, at least allow us to control this
feature in Settings by turning On or Off. .... The way it is now is too risky!! ......regards Barry
4-11 20:39
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_BOOcKpQQzQAE Posted at 4-11 20:39
At first I thought the Cancel Recording feature was a good Idea but it's proving to be a nightmare with important Videos I keep loosing....... Please, at least allow us to control this
feature in Settings by turning On or Off. .... The way it is now is too risky!! ......regards Barry

Hello there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
4-12 03:12
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I knew deleting recording comes to problem. I suggested that change physical record button to Configurable what ever function button and add Start record button to the screen.

And "easy way to delete recording" should be the most problematic to take in use.
4-12 03:45
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Long press Rec button for 3 seconds, is too short.  We tried telling DJI also that their  mode button to swipe is also too short, their prompt is too long, etc  seems they need to simply Tweak things then adding things in like a   touchscreen record, that canbe  pressed by mistake, and cause the opposite.

I love to see improvements but us Pilots are just trainers, and not heard from,  check the Rosta list did we make it

N O !
4-12 04:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules