803 38 2-18 15:27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WInged Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077618 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a CrystalSky I use with an Inspire 2 and a P4Pv2.0. It used to support maps and  Satellite maps as well, no longer. There's and empty box and words to the effect that there is a problem connecting to google. Everything is updated to the latest software and the CrystalSky is connected to Wifi. Using a iPad with the latest version of DJIGo4 I get maps?

Anyone else having this problem? Or better yet anyone have a solution?

2-18 15:27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Kindly please try to download the DJI Go 4 app version using the link below to fix this issue. Copy the DJI Go 4 app installation package into the Crystalsky monitor, find the file in Explorer, and then install the app. Please refer to the image below.

Download link: https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/2LxkX9C4m2gjJJL

2-18 22:39
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin,

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I have done as you suggested - Downloaded the file, moved it to a microSD card and tried to install it on my crystal sky. When I click on 'INSTALL' I instantly get a 'App not installed' message. I have tried several times and get the same response. Is there something else I should be doing?

Could you clarify one other thing: The name of the file I downloaded starts with "v4.3.54" which would suggest that the version of the app is 4.3.54. The current version of DJI GO 4 installed on my crystal sky is 4.3.60: So this would be a downgrade?
2-19 07:42
Use props
Courageous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

DJI Paladin,

I have done as you suggested - Downloaded the file, moved it to a microSD card and tried to install it on my crystal sky. When I click on 'INSTALL' I instantly get a 'App not installed' message. I have tried several times and get the same response.
The name of the file I downloaded is for the version of the app 4.3.54. The current version of DJI GO 4 installed on my crystal sky is 4.3.60
2-21 13:46
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-18 22:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Kindly please try to download the DJI Go 4 app version using the link below to fix this issue. Copy the DJI Go 4 app installation package into the Crystalsky monitor, find the file in Explorer, and then install the app. Please refer to the image below.

Download link: https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/2LxkX9C4m2gjJJL

Again, This did not work. I was unable to install the downloaded file.
2-23 09:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WInged Eye Posted at 2-23 09:58
Again, This did not work. I was unable to install the downloaded file.

Hi there. Thank you for your response. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will update this thread once we receive a response. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2-24 00:26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Courageous Posted at 2-21 13:46
DJI Paladin,

I have done as you suggested - Downloaded the file, moved it to a microSD card and tried to install it on my crystal sky. When I click on 'INSTALL' I instantly get a 'App not installed' message. I have tried several times and get the same response.

Hello, Courageous. We already coordinated this issue with our relevant team and we are now awaiting a response. We will update this thread once we receive a response. Thank you for your patience and understanding.  
2-24 00:33
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please restore the CrystalSky highlight screen to its factory settings and then re-import the DJI Go 4 APP installation package, and then try to reinstall it to see if the issue persists. If it still doesn't work, please provide us a video operation showing the issue so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
2-29 22:51
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Courageous Posted at 2-21 13:46
DJI Paladin,

I have done as you suggested - Downloaded the file, moved it to a microSD card and tried to install it on my crystal sky. When I click on 'INSTALL' I instantly get a 'App not installed' message. I have tried several times and get the same response.

Hello, Courageous. Kindly please refer to the troubleshooting steps above to further isolate the issue. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2-29 22:52
Use props
grangecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 896883 ft
United States

WInged Eye Posted at 2-19 07:42
DJI Paladin,

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I successfully installed version 4.3.54 a while back, and it does work with maps.  However, that version won't work with Remote ID update to the Mavic 2 series, from what I have read.   I don't have version 4.3.60 installed yet, so I'll find out later about the maps issue.   The problem is that the original maps in Crystalsky were from MapBox but DJI dropped mapbox in favor of google maps which would not work with previous versions of Go4
3-1 13:42
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

grangecam Posted at 3-1 13:42
I successfully installed version 4.3.54 a while back, and it does work with maps.  However, that version won't work with Remote ID update to the Mavic 2 series, from what I have read.   I don't have version 4.3.60 installed yet, so I'll find out later about the maps issue.   The problem is that the original maps in Crystalsky were from MapBox but DJI dropped mapbox in favor of google maps which would not work with previous versions of Go4

Thank you Grangecam,

My suspicion are that 4.3.54 will disable remote ID on my P4P V2.0 as well. So if the choice is being legal or having maps I guess I have to operate legal and not risk my 107 cert.

Seems that Having a version that supports RID and maps is the solution.

Though, I guess I could use 4.3.54 with my Inspire 2 since it has an external (Dronetag) RID transmitter. The problem is I use the same CrystalSky with both drones.

It's moot anyway since the file I was instructed to download and install will not install on my CrystalSky.
3-1 15:29
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-29 22:51
Hello there. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please restore the CrystalSky highlight screen to its factory settings and then re-import the DJI Go 4 APP installation package, and then try to reinstall it to see if the issue persists. If it still doesn't work, please provide us a video operation showing the issue so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.

Hey Paladin,

Thanks for following up.

Can you clarify whether I will loose RID support on my P4P V2.0 if I downgrade to 4.3.54 from 4.3.60, my current version?
3-1 15:48
Use props
grangecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 896883 ft
United States

WInged Eye Posted at 3-1 15:29
Thank you Grangecam,

My suspicion are that 4.3.54 will disable remote ID on my P4P V2.0 as well. So if the choice is being legal or having maps I guess I have to operate legal and not risk my 107 cert.

Winged Eye, I just updated both of my Crystal Sky tablets to the latest version and DJI Go4 v4.3.60 is indeed included in the firmware upgrade and it works with my Mavic 2.    This version of Go4 DOES have maps, so the v 4.3.54 should no longer be necessary.   I can't understand why you are not seeing maps on your Crystalsky with v4.3.60.

I have been assured that v4.3.60 will work with my Inspire 2's which I am going to test now.

However, I have not been able to get confirmation of broadcasting Remote ID from my Mavic 2 Pro.   I see the signal on my phone but the signal is not getting picked up by a RID scanning app.
3-2 08:45
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin,

I restored to factory settings. Maps were restored in DJI go. 4.3.60 now has maps and my P4P V2.0's RID ability is functioning.

Thank you for your support.
3-2 11:06
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WInged Eye Posted at 3-2 11:06
DJI Paladin,

I restored to factory settings. Maps were restored in DJI go. 4.3.60 now has maps and my P4P V2.0's RID ability is functioning.

Great! We're glad that it is now working, Winged Eye. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
3-4 02:05
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

Hello, I bought a used CrystalSky and it works with my Phantom 4 Advanced but I get no maps.

The black box says mapbox and I see from a post above that this is no longer current, so no wonder it doesn't work.

What should I do to get maps on my display?

Thank you!
3-17 01:18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Speck Tater Posted at 3-17 01:18
Hello, I bought a used CrystalSky and it works with my Phantom 4 Advanced but I get no maps.

[view_image]

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps under post #2 on this thread then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.
3-20 22:40
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 22:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps under post #2 on this thread then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.

Thanks. On my first attempt, I got an error message about parsing the file or something.

I restarted everything, got a fresh download, and tried again and the system update seemed to go well.

At one point, it asked me stuff about location sharing and the default choices seemed to be to share everything so I left it that way.

Things changed. This is how my screen looked yesterday.

It's not a black box that says mapbox any more. Now it's a blank map with some clickable icons.

I tried satellite and hybrid and it still shows a blank map.

What do I try next?
3-24 01:04
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Speck Tater Posted at 3-24 01:04
Thanks. On my first attempt, I got an error message about parsing the file or something.

I restarted everything, got a fresh download, and tried again and the system update seemed to go well.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Kindly reinstall the app again using the link above then make sure to enable all the permissions asked by the application and check if the issue persists. Please let us know.
3-24 22:31
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-24 22:31
Thank you for keeping us posted. Kindly reinstall the app again using the link above then make sure to enable all the permissions asked by the application and check if the issue persists. Please let us know.

I don't see a link below?
3-25 04:50
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-24 22:31
Thank you for keeping us posted. Kindly reinstall the app again using the link below then make sure to enable all the permissions asked by the application and check if the issue persists. Please let us know.

I'm guessing you mean the link from post 2 of this thread? In case that's correct, I repeated the previous process but this time I video taped it. Here is a video of downloading the update, installing it, and test flying it with my drone again.

Once again, no maps.
3-26 12:01
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I recommend stop using DJI Go 4, because it is a bit outdated, and switch to the new one, “DJI Fly”. You can get DJI Fly on App Store or Google Play.
3-26 12:49
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

USER001 Posted at 3-26 12:49
I recommend stop using DJI Go 4, because it is a bit outdated, and switch to the new one, “DJI Fly”. You can get DJI Fly on App Store or Google Play.

I went to the DJI page about it.

The DJI Fly app interface was designed to be simplified and ultra-intuitive. Compatible for DJI Mini 4 Pro, DJI Air 3, DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mini 2 SE, DJI Mini 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Avata, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mini SE, DJI Air 2S, DJI FPV, DJI Mini 2, Mavic Air 2, Mavic Mini.

I have a Phantom 4 Advanced. I think it was built in 2016 or so. DJI Fly won't talk to it.

3-27 03:38
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Speck Tater Posted at 3-26 12:01
I'm guessing you mean the link from post 2 of this thread? In case that's correct, I repeated the previous process but this time I video taped it. Here is a video of downloading the update, installing it, and test flying it with my drone again.

Once again, no maps.

Thank you for keeping us posted, Speck Tater. Have you tried to restore the factory defaults of your Crystalsky and check whether the issue persists? If not, please try to perform the restore factory defaults then check. Please keep us posted.
3-27 21:16
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-27 21:16
Thank you for keeping us posted, Speck Tater. Have you tried to restore the factory defaults of your Crystalsky and check whether the issue persists? If not, please try to perform the restore factory defaults then check. Please keep us posted.

I did the factory reset. It forgot my user ID and password, as expected, and went back to showing the black mapbox box where maps should be.

I had the USB thumb drive at hand still and figured the next step would be to reinstall DJI GO4 again, so I did that.

This got me back to having a tan colored box where the map should be. I enlarged the map and tried "hybrid" and "satellite" in addition to "standard" map mode. It's still just a tan box.

3-28 12:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Speck Tater Posted at 3-28 12:14
I did the factory reset. It forgot my user ID and password, as expected, and went back to showing the black mapbox box where maps should be.

I had the USB thumb drive at hand still and figured the next step would be to reinstall DJI GO4 again, so I did that.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted.
3-28 20:42
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-28 20:42
Thank you for keeping us posted. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted.

OK thanks!
3-29 00:36
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are most welcome. We will keep you posted once we receive a response. Thank you for your patience.
3-30 03:18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. Please see the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please connect the Crystalsky highlight screen to the network normally and refresh the map in the APP.
2. If the problem persists, please upgrade the CrystalSky firmware version to v03.00.03.00 (this system version has updated the DJI Go 4 App to V4.3.60)
3. If you still experience the same issue, please export the CrystalSky system log for further analysis. To export the system log please check the steps below:

Click Settings > Backup and reset > Copy crash logs to SD card > Copy the "tombstones.zip" file and send it to us.

Notes: Upgrading requires the device to be at least 10% charged and to retain more than 2GB of internal storage space. Please keep us posted.
3-30 21:34
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-30 21:34
Thank you for patiently waiting. Please see the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please connect the Crystalsky highlight screen to the network normally and refresh the map in the APP.

I don't know what you mean by instruction 1.

I only see a map box when the drone is connected and don't know any way to refresh it. When the drone is not connected how do I "refresh the map in the APP"?

I went ahead an updated the firmware. I just tested it again. Still no maps.
3-31 10:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Speck Tater Posted at 3-31 10:54
I don't know what you mean by instruction 1.

I only see a map box when the drone is connected and don't know any way to refresh it. When the drone is not connected how do I "refresh the map in the APP"?

Thank you for keeping us posted, Speck Tater. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can create a repair case online using this link https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-1 00:18
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-1 00:18
Thank you for keeping us posted, Speck Tater. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can create a repair case online using this link https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. We appreciate your understanding and support.

OK but first I'd like to try refreshing the map.

How is that done exactly?
4-1 02:34
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-1 00:18
Thank you for keeping us posted, Speck Tater. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can create a repair case online using this link https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Your repair link is 404 File not found.

4-2 11:49
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Speck Tater Posted at 4-2 11:49
Your repair link is 404 File not found.

Thank you for your response. The map will refresh if you relaunch the app and then connect to a network. If that doesn't work, we recommend to send it in for proper diagnostics. Please try to remove the dot (.) on the end of the link or try this one  https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index . Hope this helps.
4-4 00:02
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

OK I just relaunched the app and connected to my home wifi network.

I looked at this thread about downloading maps for offline access:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=129785

I gave it a shot and got to the "offline maps download" page. It has been sitting there with an endlessly spinning circle in the middle of the screen for about 15 minutes so far. I'm guessing it's not actually going to download maps.

I don't really want to send this in for repair. I'm used to flying on my phone without looking at the map. I think I'll just go without maps until I get a new drone and display.
4-4 11:53
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Speck Tater Posted at 4-4 11:53
OK I just relaunched the app and connected to my home wifi network.

I looked at this thread about downloading maps for offline access:

Thank you for your response, Speck Tater. We understand your decision regarding this matter. My apologies if we cannot resolve the issue remotely. If you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-4 23:10
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Useless.. 4.3.60 does not install on my CS 7"HB, stating that it's "Not Installed"...
4-6 21:45
Use props
Speck Tater
lvl.2

United States

Update to post number 35.

In that other thread, someone mentioned having to reboot repeatedly. I fiddled around rebooting, reconnecting to the wifi, trying the maps again, doing all of the above in different orders.

Bottom line: I somehow have maps!

It seemed to stall in downloading but I guess I got at least some maps. I tried hybrid and satellite modes and it looks like I only have offline maps.

That's better than none. I wish I could say more specifically how I did this but I'm really not sure what worked. Something did. Keep fiddling with it.
4-8 02:20
Use props
Courageous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Not sure this is still true since its been awhile since I fired things up.  But I do remember last time for the CS,  I had to go outside and let the flight controller get a GPS fix, then it lit up the maps box.
4-20 04:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules