OM6 & iOS USB C and Apple ProRes Log
638 2 2-23 11:58
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrg70
lvl.1

United States

Hello!

I am interested in the Osmo Mobile 6 but would like to use some functionality I have with my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

• Record in 4K/30fps in Apple ProRes Log format.
  • Save the recorded video directly to SSD card via USB C connection.

The native iOS camera app allows both (Prores and SSD direct record).  Is there a way to do that with the OM 6?

I can probably do without the Apple Log because I could select Dolby Vision and that would be pretty close.  I like to do some color correction with Davinci Resolve so having a more sophisticated color space helps.  

But I really need the direct record to SSD.  When I record directlky to the photos app, it takes forever to upload to the cloud and then download (especially in 4K).

Thanks!
2-23 11:58
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there, as a gimbal stabilizer, DJI OM 6 can provide a stabilizing effect for your daily shooting. However, if you need to call the function of the gimbal, you need to use it with the DJI MIMO App. Thank you.
2-23 20:15
Use props
jrg70
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-23 20:15
Hi there, as a gimbal stabilizer, DJI OM 6 can provide a stabilizing effect for your daily shooting. However, if you need to call the function of the gimbal, you need to use it with the DJI MIMO App. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.  

I really like the functionality.  I would like the app to enable to save video to an external SSD through the USB C port on my iPhone 15 Pro max.  It appears it will only save to the camera roll.
2-24 11:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules