228 3 2-28 13:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joostdelaat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62041 ft
Netherlands

Hi.

I'm dutch and visit US next summer with my Mavic Air 2. I bought my drone in the Netherlands. Is it possible to get RemoteID in the US for my mavic air2 drone. In the FAA Decleration of Compliance the SN of my drone didn't match. Does this mean that a drone bought in Europe can't get RID in US?

Thanks.

Joost
2-28 13:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Joost. Thank you for reaching out. Please be advised that the Remote ID will only be available if the drone is already operating in the US airspace as long as you have the updated firmware version (V01.01.16.00). Hope this helps.
2-28 17:47
Use props
Joostdelaat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62041 ft
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-28 17:47
Hi, Joost. Thank you for reaching out. Please be advised that the Remote ID will only be available if the drone is already operating in the US airspace as long as you have the updated firmware version (V01.01.16.00). Hope this helps.

Thanks. This means dat RID will popup when I powered om my Mavic Air 2 in the US. The next stap is to register my drone at FAA (and cancel my old registration from last year (with no RID).
3-1 10:09
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Joostdelaat Posted at 3-1 10:09
Thanks. This means dat RID will popup when I powered om my Mavic Air 2 in the US. The next stap is to register my drone at FAA (and cancel my old registration from last year (with no RID).

You're most welcome, Joostdelaat. Yes, all drone pilots required to register must operate their drones under the FAA Remote ID rule. You may also check more information on this link.
3-5 01:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules