OM5 incompatibility with Google Pixel 8 Pro
729 4 3-13 05:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wazzzo
lvl.1
Denmark

A quick acknowledgement upfront that DJI doesn't list the Google Pixel 8 Pro in the compatibility list... yet.

I'll be honest, I didn't check compatibility before upgrading my phone or indeed filming for a client.
Unfortunately, footage captured from the gimble on a Google Pixel 8 Pro is unusable. The footage is full of stutters with frame rates varying between 12 and 22 fps per clip even though everything is set to 30 fps (1080p).
Luckily I had a second camera at the event (no gimble) from which we have had to use 90% of the footage. Client, thankfully is none the wiser.

My question is two-fold.
1. Is there a plan to allow compatibility for the Google Pixel 8 Pro?
2. When might this happen bearing in mind the phone was released in October 2023?

Thank you
3-13 05:15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Wazzzo. Thank you for reaching out. We are working on compatibility for every new phone as possible. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. Verification might take a while but we would like to ask for a sample footage from you for us to check. We also need the following information below:

1) Mobile device model;
2) A screenshot of the mobile device system version;
3) A video showing the issue;
4) App logs;
5) The times when the most recent faults were detected.

Upload the App Log
To upload the app log, please perform as follows: Go to “Profile”, tap the Settings icon, select “DJI Support”, “Log Upload”, and enter the log upload interface. Then input the related information and tap “Submit”. “Uploading Log” will be shown in the app and the QR code will be generated after upload.

Please keep us posted.
3-13 20:04
Use props
Wazzzo
lvl.1
Denmark

Logged as requested.
Thank you

Screenshot_20240318-191132.png
3-18 11:08
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wazzzo Posted at 3-18 11:08
Logged as requested.
Thank you

Thank you for the screenshots. Can you please provide the missing items as they are needed in the investigation?
3) A video showing the issue;
5) The times when the most recent faults were detected.

Thank you.
3-20 20:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wazzzo Posted at 3-18 11:08
Logged as requested.
Thank you

Hi there. Please check my DM regarding the topic we discussed. Thank you.
3-26 02:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules