3249 85 3-31 11:54
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Hi there.

My Mini 4 Pro sometimes keeps swaying back and forth and it won't stop until i pull down on the "throttle". This behaviour is very noticable on the attitude indicator, but I can also hear and see it rocking violently.

I guess the wind is the trigger for this behaviour because it happens on most of the flights where there is some wind. Today it was really apparent as it happened multiple times during the flight. I know that the wind can really mess with this little fellow, but this is not a normal behaviour that I experienced on any other Mini drones that i previously owned and flown (Mini 1, Mini 2, Mini 3 Pro), as well as on some of the other bigger DJI drones i used. This swaying behaviour was present from the start and I did a couple of IMU calibrations which did not help.

Here's the flight log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8Q1MQ6SHOODLOVC8AL10/#

Timestamps of the issue:
1:22 - 1:29
6:02 - 6:14
20:07 - 20:10
20:36 - 20:42

I hope that someone can help me with the log analysis and maybe we can figure out a fix.

3-31 11:54
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-31 17:36
I have had this happen on occasion.  Mostly with the Mini 3 Pro but once or twice with the Mini 4.  As you mention, wind seems to be the common feature behind the oscillation.  To stop it I usually just allow the drone to hover for a moment, then resume flying.

Yeah, it did happen on my other drones during gusts as well, but usually it would stop oscillating on its own. On this one I have to stop or reduce speed to a crawl or it would just keep swinging. It happens more often with the plus battery, but it also happens with regular one as well.
4-1 01:45
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Tuxtard. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.  
4-2 02:58
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-2 02:58
Hi, Tuxtard. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.

Thank you DJI Gamora.

Here's some additional information that I gathered thanks to users from another forum:
- issue always happens when flying into headwind
- there are at least 5 more users who are experiencing exactly the same problem
- oscillation amplitude extracted from logs is shown in the picture below

4-2 03:21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Tuxtard Posted at 4-2 03:21
Thank you DJI Gamora.

Here's some additional information that I gathered thanks to users from another forum:

Thank you for the additional details, Tuxtard. We'll keep you posted.
4-2 03:32
Use props
Krieger88888888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262198 ft

United States

I am also having the exact same issue using the extending battery if that matters
Flight Log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4EVSDZX7CIJBCPIYXE6P

YouTube Showing the Bouncy Drone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3bbgc6LseI

4-2 13:18
Use props
Krieger88888888
lvl.2

United States

Thank you DJI Gamora.

What software is that from?
4-2 14:01
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Krieger88888888 Posted at 4-2 14:01
https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/202404/02/032109o30ppjzxd4roy4x3.png[/img]

What software is that from?
Hi and thank you for your input. Software is called CsvView: https://datfile.net/CsvView/downloads.html

You can use it to view and plot data from CSV files downloaded from the Phantomhelp logs.
4-2 22:35
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you DJI Gamora.

Hi, Tuxtard. Thank you for patiently waiting. Our relevant team mentioned that this is normal under these two scenarios:
1. When flying into a headwind.
2. When the aircraft approaches maximum pitch angle.

Please confirm if this phenomenon will happen under the two scenarios or in normal flight scenarios.
4-3 03:31
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-3 03:31
Hi, Tuxtard. Thank you for patiently waiting. Our relevant team mentioned that this is normal under these two scenarios:

Hi,

I looked into some more logs and I am not so sure about the direction of the wind and the angle. There was some wind for sure, but it wasn't that strong. Here's the log from another flight, but this one was performed with a regular battery instead.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogV ... O025ZVCC2VWQWIQLHPR

And here's the graph of one of the oscillating occurrence that happened between 192 and 202 seconds:

amplitude2.png

You can clearly see that oscillation starts small and then keeps increasing up to the maximum negative pitch angle and it keeps oscillating until I pull down on the stick, which is also noticeable on the graph.

To me it "feels" like aircraft is overcorrecting its angle while trying to maintain constant speed.

EDIT: this was a regular battery for sure, but it might have been my Mini 3 Pro regular battery and not the one that came with Mini 4 Pro.
4-3 04:06
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-3 03:31

" Our relevant team mentioned that this is normal"

Really!?!? The pitch oscillations swing 45°. Further, they appear to be damped only by stick input. I suggest that you escalate this until you get an engineer that will take a serious look.
4-3 07:22
Use props
dwallersv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1843015 ft
  • >>>
United States

Budwalker, I, and others are discussing this on mavicpilots.com. This is clearly a PID tuning issue. P and D need to be tuned for each of the two battery types.
4-3 09:46
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

dwallersv Posted at 4-3 09:46
Budwalker, I, and others are discussing this on mavicpilots.com. This is clearly a PID tuning issue. P and D need to be tuned for each of the two battery types.

Would you mean this thread?

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 44331/#post-1624244

or is there another?
4-3 10:52
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Krieger88888888 Posted at 4-2 13:18
I am also having the exact same issue using the extending battery if that matters
Flight Log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4EVSDZX7CIJBCPIYXE6P

Hi,

Had a look at your flightlog too.

IMO the only way to have a good  idea about drone pitch oscillating is flying level flight with only RC input for a longer time than in this log.
I am not saying that there is no problem in your log.....so if you like   fly for longer period with only fwd stick input.

cheers
JJB   [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for data and visual flightlog analysis (www.jjbfrap.eu) ]
Analysis1.png
4-3 10:58
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is anyone else getting a malware warning from the PH downloads in post 11?

I'd have thought it extremely unlikely but this is the first time I have ever had such a warning.
4-3 11:56
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tuxtard Posted at 4-3 04:06
Hi,

I looked into some more logs and I am not so sure about the direction of the wind and the angle. There was some wind for sure, but it wasn't that strong. Here's the log from another flight, but this one was performed with a regular battery instead.

Hi Tuxtard,

Had a look at your log too, see my chart of your data.
Chart is filtered from just before 192 seconds to 206 seconds.

Yellow line in chart is wind average direction.
Dotted gray line is wind speed in m/s.

At 192 approx 60% forward input, getting a speed of 6.2 m/s with approx 15 degrees craft pitch down, so not near max pitch angle when the oscillating started.Only the wind changed direction, will look in my own log to see if this oscillating is also present. if yes, in wich situation.

cheers
JJB

Analysis2.png
4-3 11:59
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-3 11:56

I'd have thought it extremely unlikely but this is the first time I have ever had such a warning.

No malware warning on my download
4-3 12:00
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

JJB* Posted at 4-3 11:59
Hi Tuxtard,

Had a look at your log too, see my chart of your data.

Hello JJB,

Thank you for your analysis. If you can, please take a look at the flight log from the post #1. There were multiple occurrences of this issue during that flight and I was using the Plus battery. For example, here is another extract from that log that shows more than 10 seconds of same pattern oscillations starting from the second 360, where pitch angle goes down to -38.

4-3 21:29
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-3 11:56

Hi Sean-bumble-bee,

If you are referring to a graph image from post #11, that is just a screenshot I uploaded. Please send me your malware report so I can check my system, just in case. Thanks.
4-3 21:30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tuxtard Posted at 4-3 21:29
Hello JJB,

Thank you for your analysis. If you can, please take a look at the flight log from the post #1. There were multiple occurrences of this issue during that flight and I was using the Plus battery. For example, here is another extract from that log that shows more than 10 seconds of same pattern oscillations starting from the second 360, where pitch angle goes down to -38.

Hi Tuxard

Chart 1 - 4, your 4 time slots.

Few 'things' in flight with effect on drone pitch changes.
  • Yaw input flying with speed
  • OA sensing false Obstacles
  • IR height measuring yes/no height with OA sensing on/off
  • Combination of these

Not a explanation for pitch oscillating, bit guess it can be a trigger to start or make it worse...

Chart1 - IR height measuring On/Off + yaw input
Chart2 - IR height measuring On/Off
Chart3 - No idea, but not much oscillating
Chart4 - Hard to tell, 4 direction RC input.

Mayby DJI can look again and better into this.

I had a flight the other day with my Mini4Pro, flying away from my position (watching the drone), i stopped the forward speed as the drone was fluctuating and i could hear the rpm fluctuating as well. Checked now my log, see the result in my chart. 2x pitch oscillating ! After this a perfect flight.

Will check my next flights to see if it happens again in certain flight situations.

cheers
  • JJB    [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for data and visual flightlog analysis (www.jjbfrap.eu) ]

TuxYaw1.png
TuxYaw2.png
TuxYaw3.png
TuxYaw4.png
JJByaw.png
4-4 01:08
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

JJB* Posted at 4-4 01:08
Hi Tuxard

Chart 1 - 4, your 4 time slots.

Thank you JJB for the additional log analysis and thanks for confirming the similar issue in your own logs. Did you use Plus or a Regular battery for that flight? Also, did your oscillations also happened at around 60% throttle? It's hard to tell from the picture.
4-4 02:25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tuxtard Posted at 4-4 02:25
Thank you JJB for the additional log analysis and thanks for confirming the similar issue in your own logs. Did you use Plus or a Regular battery for that flight? Also, did your oscillations also happened at around 60% throttle? It's hard to tell from the picture.

Hi,

This flight with a normal battery.

Oscillating in my log, flying at 22 meter baro height into the wind (3 - 5 m/s)
First > - 58% forward input + 22% yaw left input.
Second > 58% fwd input + 35-11% yaw left input

In both no Throttle (Up|Down stick) input.

cheers
JJB
4-4 03:24
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

JJB* Posted at 4-4 03:24
Hi,

This flight with a normal battery.

Thanks JJB. By throttle I meant forward input, not Up/Down. Sorry.
4-4 03:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BudWalker Posted at 4-3 07:22

Really!?!? The pitch oscillations swing 45°. Further, they appear to be damped only by stick input. I suggest that you escalate this until you get an engineer that will take a serious look.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Let me forward your feedback to them, BudWalker.
4-4 04:28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 4-3 21:30
Hi Sean-bumble-bee,

If you are referring to a graph image from post #11, that is just a screenshot I uploaded. Please send me your malware report so I can check my system, just in case. Thanks.

No I am not referring to the graph, I was referring to the downloads from Phantomhelp itself.
Oddly Firefox on Linux had no problem with them but Firefox on windows does.
4-4 07:56
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 4-3 12:00
No malware warning on my download

Cheers JJB*
4-4 07:58
Use props
samucachang
lvl.1

Brazil

hello guys, I'm having a problem with my DJI Mini 4 pro. the image is super wobble. I factory reset and nothing.

can someone help, thanks
4-4 13:40
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

samucachang Posted at 4-4 13:40
hello guys, I'm having a problem with my DJI Mini 4 pro. the image is super wobble. I factory reset and nothing.

can someone help, thanks

Hello samucachang.

I suggest you create a separate thread on this forum and post an example video there, so that we can see what you are experiencing.
4-5 01:02
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BudWalker Posted at 4-3 07:22

Really!?!? The pitch oscillations swing 45°. Further, they appear to be damped only by stick input. I suggest that you escalate this until you get an engineer that will take a serious look.

Let me forward your feedback to them, BudWalker.
4-5 05:27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

samucachang Posted at 4-4 13:40

can someone help, thanks

Hi, samucachang. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this. Please check my DM/PM.
4-5 06:13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi,

I looked into some more logs and I am not so sure about the direction of the wind and the angle. There was some wind for sure, but it wasn't that strong. Here's the log from another flight, but this one was performed with a regular battery instead.

Thank you for the additional information, Tuxtard. Let me forward this to our relevant team. We'll keep you posted.
4-5 06:18
Use props
samucachang
lvl.1

Brazil

Tuxtard Posted at 4-5 01:02
Hello samucachang.

I suggest you create a separate thread on this forum and post an example video there, so that we can see what you are experiencing.

thanks for the reply, I can't post  a new thread yet. and I can't post the video of it.

https://youtu.be/QyIuek-T-Vg
4-5 09:19
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

samucachang Posted at 4-5 09:19
thanks for the reply, I can't post  a new thread yet. and I can't post the video of it.

Doesn't look good. This jello effect can be caused by:

1. Excessive vibration - check propellers for damage or loose screws. Check motors for debris inside. Check if arms or any other part of the body is loose.
2. Cracked gimbal - check gimbal for cracks.
3. Gimbal dampers - check if gimbal dampeners are in place and not damaged.
4-5 10:52
Use props
Krieger88888888
lvl.2

United States

samucachang Posted at 4-5 09:19

This looks more like a camera/software related issue rather than movement of the drone from the footage.
Does this happen with props stopped? If so I would suggest contacting DJI through their warranty process if that's still available to you.
If not then try to submit for a repair.  
4-5 12:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, Tuxtard. Since you're using third-party software, our relevant team won't be able to view and analyze it and we cannot promise its performance, maybe the data will not be accurate, but no worries, if you feel that the aircraft is acting not normal, you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
4-8 03:56
Use props
samucachang
lvl.1

Brazil

Tuxtard Posted at 4-5 10:52
Doesn't look good. This jello effect can be caused by:

1. Excessive vibration - check propellers for damage or loose screws. Check motors for debris inside. Check if arms or any other part of the body is loose.

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Everything looks good, Drone is fairly new(4th flight). My DJI Mini 2 has being flying with me for the longest time and never experience nothing like this.
4-8 05:47
Use props
samucachang
lvl.1

Brazil

Krieger88888888 Posted at 4-5 12:38
This looks more like a camera/software related issue rather than movement of the drone from the footage.Does this happen with props stopped? If so I would suggest contacting DJI through their warranty process if that's still available to you. If not then try to submit for a repair.

when its stopped (on the table), it works fine. I reset and problem still persists.

One weird fact that I have.

1. videos in the day, that I took, the image was wobbly
2. videos during the night, same day as 1. were not not wobbly
3. videos I took during the day, the day after was wobbly
4-8 05:53
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

samucachang Posted at 4-8 05:53
when its stopped (on the table), it works fine. I reset and problem still persists.

One weird fact that I have.

Hi samucachang.

I don't know why there is jello only during the day. Might be that lower shutter speeds somehow help. Anyway, if there are no cracks, loose arms, props or motors, and if IMU, Gimbal and Camera calibrations don't help then you should send it back to DJI for repair.
4-9 01:10
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-8 03:56
Thank you for the reply, Tuxtard. Since you're using third-party software, our relevant team won't be able to view and analyze it and we cannot promise its performance, maybe the data will not be accurate, but no worries, if you feel that the aircraft is acting not normal, you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

Hi DJI Gamora,

Thank you for your response. I don't know what software I am using that makes my logs unreadable for DJI, but readable for me and other pilots here. Anyway, I know that you have to go by certain procedures and I won't bother you anymore. I will keep posting if I get more information related to this topic to help other pilots gather more data. I am still not sure if the issue is just my unit or there is some other firmware / hardware issue. When I am certain that my unit is faulty, I will send it for repair.
4-9 01:16
Use props
Krieger88888888
lvl.2

United States

JJB* Posted at 4-3 10:58
Hi,

Had a look at your flightlog too.

I have posted an updated flight log with 3 longer runs.

The last run beginning at 4:40 minutes until 5:30 minutes was definitely doing the bouncy bucking thing.
Here's the log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/logv ... 0EMAMPUUF9HWIC93T3B

Also posting wind data screenshot

Maybe JJB can load it into his fancy software
4-9 17:12
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules