Syncing The Recording of Sound From OA4 with 32 bit Float From Mic2
227 4 4-1 22:58
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Choking Smokers
lvl.2

Thailand

I record a lot of videos where I like to have the ambient sounds recorded by my Action 4's internal microphones in stereo. Often it's because I'm in the jungle and the ambient sounds add to the recording and just as oftewn because I am with other people and like to record our live conversations. With a foam wind-breaker on the sounds usually pretty good this way.

I have a Mic 2 transmitter and appreciate that can improve the recorded sound of my voice but at the cost of losing ambient sounds and the conversations I have with other people present. What I want to know is can I get the Mic 2 to go into the synchronized recording mode with my Action 4 without the Action 4 recording the sound from the Mic 2?

I realise that this can be done manually by just starting the 32 bit float recording on the Mic 2 whenever I start recording on the Action 4 but seeing as it's possible to sync them both that would obviously be the best solution.

The seperate 32 bit recording could then be used to bolster my voice if it gets buried by anbient sounds on the Action 4's internal recording for example.
4-1 22:58
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Let me confirm this with the relevant team. I will keep you posted. Thank you.
4-3 02:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. The Action 4 does not support the simultaneous use of its built-in microphone and Mic 2 for audio recording. You may record with Mic 2, and then merge the video captured by the Action 4 with the sound from Mic 2 in a video editing software. Have a great day ahead.
4-3 02:28
Use props
Choking Smokers
lvl.2

Thailand

DJI Tony Posted at 4-3 02:28
Thank you for patiently waiting. The Action 4 does not support the simultaneous use of its built-in microphone and Mic 2 for audio recording. You may record with Mic 2, and then merge the video captured by the Action 4 with the sound from Mic 2 in a video editing software. Have a great day ahead.

Ok, thank you for the information
4-3 21:33
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Choking Smokers Posted at 4-3 21:33
Ok, thank you for the information

You are most welcome. Please feel free to reach us if you need further assistance. We appreciate your valued support.
4-6 00:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules