Audio is awful using USB to jack adapter
190 5 4-3 12:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Russell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63346 ft
Portugal

Hi I hope someone can offer some advice.  

I have an Osmo Pocket and DJI mics (both first edition).  As there is no direct audio out from the Osmo Pocket I bought a USB to audio jack adapter from amazon.  Picture attached.

So I attached the USB to the base of the OP and then the audio Jack to a male to male cable supplied with the DJI Mics and then to the mic reciever.

I am planning to start a Youtube channel and went out today for the first day of filming only to come back and find the audio was unuseable.  It sounded very weird.  I cant up load an audio file here but here is a dropbox link to a short clip.  You can hear there is a wierd vibrato or oscillating sound to the audio

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qpx9rr0kssem1oyk3r0tl/eramse.mp3?rlkey=lnas2pxxdeyb9v62yzm2dmh6e&dl=0

I have checked everything.  The mics sound excellent when connected to another device.  The Osmo internal mic sounds fine (but not good enough for me not to require an external mic),  I have checked various jack to jack cables.  The only thing I can not illimate is the USB to audio adapter

Surely this is not the expected result when using the OP with an external mic.  The only thing could be a fault with the USB to Audio adapter?   Maybe a faulty ground or something.  

Anyone have success with connecting an external mic to the OP?  Is it a common problem?
41s1EJz43rL._SX522_.jpg
4-3 12:26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We need to coordinate this concern with our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience.
4-4 21:01
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

You might have the wrong adapter. The OSMO Pocket needs a very specific adapter. Saramonic SR-C2006 will work, also DJI offers one of these adapters - but without a cable. Or Boya BY-K6 3.5mm TRS
4-7 07:39
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon further checking, the link to the audio/video does not exist and we cannot access it. If the audio is normal without the external mic, it indicates that the adapter or external mic causes the issue. We recommend using the DJI Osmo Pocket 3.5mm adapter. Please note to check whether the audio plug connected is a TRS audio plug, as the Osmo Pocket 3.5 mm Adapter is incompatible with a TRRS audio plug (such as a mobile phone microphone). Hope this helps.
4-8 02:50
Use props
Jim Russell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63346 ft
Portugal

Thanks for your reply.  Do you have a link to where I can buy the DJI Osmo Pocket Adapter?  When I search google the message on the DJI website is "This product in not available in your country"... I am in portugal
4-11 01:00
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jim Russell Posted at 4-11 01:00
Thanks for your reply.  Do you have a link to where I can buy the DJI Osmo Pocket Adapter?  When I search google the message on the DJI website is "This product in not available in your country"... I am in portugal

Thank you for your response. The Osmo Pocket Adapter is currently not available in your region. You may click the link below to possibly purchase this accessory. Hope this helps.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores
4-11 01:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules