Lost my MIni 2 SE due to signal lost :(
337 19 4-7 12:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
larkinsen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44488 ft
Romania

I had a Mini 2 SE bought last year in November.It worked very well.But I made the mistake to upgrade to the new firmware from 2024 and today when I took it for a flight test ,after a 360 m of flight at 30 m altitude ,with 22 sattellites ,61% battery I lost the signal and the connection in a matter of seconds.The image dissapeared as well.I didn't panic knowing that it will return home as I set it in the DJI Fly app if it lost signal.But it didn't return home.The connection kept going on for a second then off.Also I got these messages when the connection returned but with very bad signal: sensor error,camera overheated and calibrate IMU.I've tried everything to get it back home but no luck.It's very frustrating knowing that I didn't do anything wrong and I lost it so fast.Unfortunatelly it was above a very dense forrest when it happened,the same forrest where the signal was full at the begining,no interferences,no powerlines,no mobile antennas and I can't find it without getting myself lost. I was in a field with this forrest line outside my town .I don't know what happened especially when a friend of mine has also a dji drone and had no signal problems in the same area.So thank you DJI for making me lose my drone for nothing.
4-7 12:37
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

"flight at 30 m altitude"
At this altitude you are likely to encounter trees. In addition, the lower you fly, the more the signal is sensitive. keeping VLOS is the key !

At first glance DJI and the Firmware update have nothing to do with it. Post your flight log on phantomhelp and share the link here, we will be happy to give you the last known coordinates of your drone so that you can go find it.
4-7 13:05
Use props
larkinsen
lvl.2
Romania

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-7 13:05
"flight at 30 m altitude"
At this altitude you are likely to encounter trees. In addition, the lower you fly, the more the signal is sensitive. keeping VLOS is the key !

Never happened to me with the previous firmware.I was way up above  the trees when it happened.We dont have 30m trees back where I live.And why didn't return home when it lost the signal? I know where it is .I said it's impossible for me to retrieve it because of the thick bushes that grow between the trees.There are no trails in that forrest.I tried to go in but it's impossible unfortunatelly.It's a very large forest. I don't have DJI logs on my internal storage .I'm using the DJI fly app on android not DJ Go and this one doesn't create a DJI directory on internal storage like DJI GO does.All I got from the app itself  is only a flight log ,like a clip of 2 minutes where it shows the trajectory of my drone from start to where it lost the signal and the altitude.Also it shows the battery procentage and the number of sattelites.That's it.I managed to find the log and uploaded it.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/H35UQ4ZWCEZKK89HYBMYTN3BK8AC21Y5

As you can see the RTH altitude was even higher than my flying altitude that started weirdly to decrease from 89 ft to 61 ft and even so I was still way above the trees when that happened.Because I saw the image before it cut off.Even so,when it lost the signal the drone should have gone up to 35 m as it was set in the app and it would safley come to the home point.It had plenty of battery for that distance.But it didn't.I'm sorry I didn't record on phone as well.Maybe that would prove my point.
4-7 14:17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've tried everything to get it back home but no luck
You haven't tried everything.
The first thing to do is to post your flight data so you can get help understanding what happened and possibly where to look for your drone.

It's very frustrating knowing that I didn't do anything wrong and I lost it so fast.
Maybe you did something wrong, maybe you didn't.
It's hard to tell without seeing youy flight data.

I was in a field with this forrest line outside my town .I don't know what happened especially when a friend of mine has also a dji drone and had no signal problems in the same area.So thank you DJI for making me lose my drone for nothing.
You don't know what happened, but you know that DJI is to blame???
Lets go back to ... you don't know what happened.

To post your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.

Or if you use Airdata, post a link to the Airdata report for the flight.

Or just post the .txt file.

If you used the RC controller, you'll find your files here:
Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord

4-7 14:38
Use props
larkinsen
lvl.2
Romania

Labroides Posted at 4-7 14:38
I've tried everything to get it back home but no luck
You haven't tried everything.
The first thing to do is to post your flight data so you can get help understanding what happened and possibly where to look for your drone.

I posted the link.
4-7 14:42
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

larkinsen Posted at 4-7 14:17
Never happened to me with the previous firmware.I was way up above  the trees when it happened.We dont have 30m trees back where I live.And why didn't return home when it lost the signal? I know where it is .I said it's impossible for me to retrieve it because of the thick bushes that grow between the trees.There are no trails in that forrest.I tried to go in but it's impossible unfortunatelly.It's a very large forest. I don't have DJI logs on my internal storage .I'm using the DJI fly app on android not DJ Go and this one doesn't create a DJI directory on internal storage like DJI GO does.All I got from the app itself  is only a flight log ,like a clip of 2 minutes where it shows the trajectory of my drone from start to where it lost the signal and the altitude.Also it shows the battery procentage and the number of sattelites.That's it.

Never happened to me with the previous firmware.
That doesn't prove anything.
If your firmware caused a problem, thousands of other users would be having the same problem ... but they aren't.
Your incident had nothing to do with firmware.

And why didn't return home when it lost the signal?
There are several possibilities, but without your flight data, I can't tell which one was the issue.

Found your data .... I'll see what it shows
4-7 14:44
Use props
larkinsen
lvl.2
Romania

Labroides Posted at 4-7 14:44
Never happened to me with the previous firmware.
That doesn't prove anything.
If your firmware caused a problem, thousands of other users would be having the same problem ... but they aren't.

Here it is.
4-7 14:44
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

larkinsen Posted at 4-7 14:44
Here it is.

How tall are the trees in that forest?
4-7 14:47
Use props
larkinsen
lvl.2
Romania

Labroides Posted at 4-7 14:47
How tall are the trees in that forest?

10-15 meteres.That's why I did fly at 30 meteres.Because that was way above the trees.And I set the RTH to 35m,even higher.
4-7 14:51
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, larkinsen. Sorry to learn about the incident. If retrieval is impossible to proceed and the drone is within the warranty period, data analysis can be performed and a flyaway case is suggested. Please find this link in filing the case. Should you encountered issues, you may contact our team to help you with arranging/create a case for you.
4-7 14:57
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

larkinsen Posted at 4-7 14:51
10-15 meteres.That's why I did fly at 30 meteres.Because that was way above the trees.And I set the RTH to 35m,even higher.

The flight data shows what happened.
You flew out 355 metres at a height of 27 metres.
You hovered out there for three seconds until 1:58 when you pulled the left stick down and left.
This made the drone descend in a counter-clockwise spiral until it hit the trees.
It's sitting upside down at 45.65914  21.254, but it's hard to tell if it's on the ground or caught in a tree.
4-7 14:57
Use props
larkinsen
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Diana Posted at 4-7 14:57
Hi, larkinsen. Sorry to learn about the incident. If retrieval is impossible to proceed and the drone is within the warranty period, data analysis can be performed and a flyaway case is suggested. Please find this link in filing the case. Should you encountered issues, you may contact our team to help you with arranging/create a case for you.

It's in warranty but unfortunatelly it's not retrievable. I didn't quite understand what i have to do with this flycase.Thanks for your response.
4-7 15:08
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

larkinsen Posted at 4-7 15:08
It's in warranty but unfortunatelly it's not retrievable. I didn't quite understand what i have to do with this flycase.Thanks for your response.

No worries. Happy to help. As previously mentioned, you can reach out to our team (link provided above) to help you with creating a case. Thank you.
4-7 15:21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

larkinsen Posted at 4-7 15:08

unfortunately it's not retrievable
It's only 150 metres into the forest.
Google Earth appears to show an old track that leads right to it.
4-7 15:26
Use props
larkinsen
lvl.2
Romania

Labroides Posted at 4-7 15:26
unfortunately it's not retrievable
It's only 150 metres into the forest.
Google Earth appears to show an old track that leads right to it.

No offense but you don't have a clue how it really looks on the spot.It's not how google shows it from above.From above anything can look peachy but when you get down there is completely different.Don't you think I didn't try to enter the woods to get it?Boy wouldn't that have been nice.There is NO ACCESS.
4-7 15:48
Use props
larkinsen
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Diana Posted at 4-7 15:21
No worries. Happy to help. As previously mentioned, you can reach out to our team (link provided above) to help you with creating a case. Thank you.

I followed the link,but when I tried to enter my address I couldn't because it seems that the form is only for North America with it's states .I live in Europe and it's not listed.Thanks again.
4-7 15:59
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

larkinsen Posted at 4-7 15:48
No offense but you don't have a clue how it really looks on the spot.It's not how google shows it from above.From above anything can look peachy but when you get down there is completely different.Don't you think I didn't try to enter the woods to get it?Boy wouldn't that have been nice.There is NO ACCESS.

No offense but aren't you the person that said you did nothing wrong and the drone was lost because of a DJI issue?
Or the person that said there was no flight data?
Or the person who pulled the left stick down and crashed the drone?
So not the most reliable source of information.

Perhaps you are right this time?
But what I posted was accurate.
The drone is only 150 metres into the forest and Google Earth appears to show an old (probably overgrown) track that leads right to it.

R-1.jpg
4-7 16:10
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

larkinsen Posted at 4-7 15:48

There is no inaccessible forest, I understand that it can be difficult to access, but between taking the trouble to create a path and leaving a Lithium battery in the bush with the hot period approaching...
This forest could suddenly become accessible in the coming days.

The path Lab shows you is most likely a drainage ditch, not the best place to pass.  Take the path to the east from the building, you follow it for 120m, then you make a sharp azimuth due west towards the location of the signal loss. Take a machete, it's the best. When you reach the ditch, you're there!

If you can't do it, ask a competent adult, because once again, a lithium battery in a bush, however small it may be, is not a situation for the future.

Another thing, this forest is on a hill, there is a difference in height of 10m between your take-off point and the middle of the forest, at ground level. Remember that the drone expresses an altitude relative to the take-off point not ground! As Lab told you, you have input a spiral descent.

-The last point is 20 m above the take-off point.
-In accordance with national geographic data, the point where the last signal is received, the ground is 6m above the takeoff point.
-"How tall are the trees ? -> 10-15m"...

Indeed it seems that your drone encountered a tree measuring at least 14m.

Once again, respect the rules of the open category, VLOS, this is the key to avoiding this kind of problem. Pure operator error.
Romanian CAA

4-7 21:30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

larkinsen Posted at 4-7 15:59
I followed the link,but when I tried to enter my address I couldn't because it seems that the form is only for North America with it's states .I live in Europe and it's not listed.Thanks again.

Thank you for responding. Please try to change the country/region option at the bottom of the official page. You may refer to the photo attached. I hope this information helps.

4-8 12:21
Use props
DuXi
New

Poland

tactic dot .
4-26 08:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules