DO DJI Transmission Handgrips work with the new Focus Grip Pro????
291 3 4-10 17:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jakerockwell
lvl.2
United States

Ive seen a lot of press and reviews of the new Ronin RS4 Pro and the Focus System. My question is can the Focus Pro Grip work with the Transmission Monitor while using the attached handgrips to control the gimbal itself? I have the transmission system and it would be great to add this. But all the video reviews only show it being used without the hand grips. Thispicture shows one person using the handgrips and one person with the FIZ unit. But can it work with both??
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 8.46.14 PM.png

4-10 17:50
Use props
signalaudio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

No, the 4D grips you see being used on the hi-bright monitor are using an accessory cage with electronics that has to be removed to use the 3ch Follow Focus you see there.

You can use Ignite Digi's Control Link to detach the 3ch FF from the hi-bright monitor which would allow you to use one of the 4D grips (presumably the left one if you want gimbal movement):
https://www.ignitedigi.com.au/products/control-link-for-dji3channel-hand-unit
4-11 01:49
Use props
jakerockwell
lvl.2
United States

Thanks @signalaudio. Im glad there's a work-around but why wouldn't DJI add a gimbal joystick to the Focus Pro Grip? It could go to the left of the zoom rocker on the Focus Pro Grip, and that gimbal joystick part could be detached with a small cable so it could be moved to the left-side of a high-bright monitor... and the focus, zoom and iris control would be on the right, similar to how the hand grips on the current Transmission system work.  Basically, rather than release the Focus Pro Grip which goes under the High-Bright monitor (like a traditional FIZ unit), I want the Transmission System 2.0 that is designed to control the gimbal, the focus, zoom, and iris. Oh... and please let me control my camera settings from the unit too.
4-11 06:02
Use props
signalaudio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Well I can't begin to explain why DJI make the design decisions they do! I like the design of the (now old) 3ch FF like it is though, but I'm particularly disappointed that it doesn't work via transmission with the new motors.
4-12 20:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules