DJI Avata 2, Goggles 3 and RC Motion 3 Give Beginner FPV Pilots t...
4331 35 4-11 05:00
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
China

DJI Avata 2, Goggles 3 and RC Motion 3 Give Beginner FPV Pilots the Skills of Professionals
Fully immersive flight experience, intuitive motion control and easy flips, rolls and drifts

April 11, 2024 – DJI, the global leader in civilian drones and innovative camera technology, today introduces the DJI Avata 2. Boasting an all thrills, no frills experience, users are presented with a safer, fully immersive enhanced FPV flight experience, an upgraded sensor to improve image quality and increased flight time.

avata2-banner-海外.jpg

“Just under two years ago, we helped people embrace and explore the almost out-of-body experience of FPV flight,” said Ferdinand Wolf, Creative Director at DJI. “DJI Avata 2 builds on this by offering everyone the chance to fly like a pro with easy flips, rolls and drifts. We’re looking forward to giving users one of the best FPV experiences available with next to no effort needed on their part.”

DJI Avata 2 is launched and designed to be paired with the new DJI Goggles 3 and DJI RC Motion 3.

DJI Goggles 3 feature adjustable diopters, two micro-OLED screens that support the 10-bit enhanced display, with an up-to-100Hz refresh rate and ultra-low-latency transmission. Equipped with binocular cameras that present the surrounding environment, which can also be superimposed with the live feed from the aircraft at the same time, pilots are given effortless situational awareness without needing to remove the goggles. This Real View PiP (Picture-In-Picture) technology enhances both the immersive experience and safety.

Easy ACRO1 with the DJI RC Motion 3

By combining with the DJI RC Motion 3, new pilots are given the power to flip, drift and roll, performing difficult aerial acrobatics with ease. Whether soaring, diving or rolling, epic footage can be captured with a simple push on the RC Motion 3 joystick.
●      One-Push Flip: Add fresh twists to the footage with 360-degree front/back flips.
●      One-Push Roll: Give shots some mind-bending magic with 360 degree left/right roll.
●      One-Push 180 Degree Drift: Achieve dramatic visual effects with high-speed lateral drifts spinning 180° past objects and pulling swiftly away.

Improved Image Quality

Featuring a bigger image sensor than its predecessor, the Avata 2’s 1/1.3-inch CMOS Super-Wide-Angle 12MP Camera expands the dynamic range available and handles low-light conditions with greater effect. Its ultra-wide-angle lens with a viewing angle of up to 155° enables unique perspectives and really tight shots, differentiating them from traditional camera drone footage. The camera provides immersive aerial photography and HDR videography1 at up to 4K/60fps, as well as slow-motion footage at 2.7K/120fps. Equipped with 10-bit D-Log M Color mode, DJI Avata 2 enables rich detail in highlights and shadows to be captured, brought out in post-production and streamlined color grading.

Keep it Steady

Even during high-pressure aerial maneuvers, DJI Avata 2 keeps your video sharp and stable with a powerful stabilization algorithm and two DJI flagship stabilization technologies. DJI RockSteady eliminates overall picture shake even while flying at high speeds or in windy conditions, and DJI HorizonSteady ensures the captured footage remains locked on the horizon even if the drone turns sharply or sways dramatically. Furthermore, when the EIS setting is off, Avata 2 supports Gyroflow so that footage can be further stabilized in post-production.

Covered with Comprehensive Safety

Avata 2’s updated integrated propeller guard is lighter, enabling more agile and freer navigation in tight spaces.
Users are offered further peace of mind and the ability to handle unexpected situations calmly with just one press of the RC Motion 3 lock button bringing the drone to a halt. In addition, the automatic Return to Home (RTH) function is initiated when the drone's battery is low or in case of signal loss, adding an extra layer of security.

Low-altitude or indoor flights can now be performed with new binocular fisheye sensors enhancing flight stability and safety.
In the event that the user lands the drone on its back, they can get airborne again quickly by using Turtle mode.  When activated, ‘Turtle mode’ can automatically flip the drone back into takeoff position when upside down.

The Sky's the Limit with Longer Flight Time

Avata 2 boasts a maximum flight time of 23 minutes and supports PD fast charging, so that it can be recharged and back up in the sky as quickly as possible. Furthermore, the new Two-Way Charging Hub features a power accumulation function, allowing the transfer of remaining power from multiple batteries to the one with the highest charge level, supplying an "extra battery" in critical moments.

A new O4 video transmission offers up to 13 km of maximum video transmission distance, a transmission latency as low as 24 ms, 1080p/100fps high-definition image quality, and a maximum transmission bitrate of 60Mbps1. Its two-transmitter, four-receiver, four-antenna design ensures strong anti-interference performance and lets pilots fully focus on their flights without additional concerns.

Sharing is Caring
Sharing the excitement of FPV just got easier. The DJI Goggles 3 live feed from Avata 2 can be viewed on the DJI Fly app and transmitted to another device up to 5m away. Additionally, a cable can be used to share the live feed to a display or to different Goggles 3 headsets via the 'Audience mode'.

Capture and Edit Seamlessly

Avata 2 comes equipped with 46GB internal storage, capable of storing approximately 90 minutes of 1080p/60fps video, ensuring the best parts of each flight can be captured. Wi-Fi connectivity enables fast file transfer to smartphones, post-editing and sharing of finished work, highly efficient.

One-Tap Editing with LightCut

When DJI Avata 2 is connected via Wi-Fi to the LightCut app, footage can be edited directly without requiring it to be downloaded to the app. Using the One-Tap Edit feature, polished content can be produced effortlessly.  
Try Before You Buy
By downloading the DJI Store app, anyone can try out the Avata 2 virtually in the Virtual Flight section.

Increased Compatibility
The new DJI Goggles 3 and RC Motion 3 are also available for Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro. Pilots with Goggles 3 can also use their existing traditional controllers, such as the RC 2 and RC-N2, to control the drone.
Have it Your Way

The DJI Avata 2 comes in a range of different combinations and extra accessories.
●      DJI Avata 2 Fly More Combo (Single Battery)
Includes the DJI Avata 2 drone, Goggles 3, RC Motion 3, and more. This combo lets you quickly get started with Avata 2 and experience the joy of immersive flight.
●      DJI Avata 2 Fly More Combo (Three Batteries)
Compared to the DJI Avata 2 Fly More Combo (Single Battery), this extended combo additionally includes one Two-Way Charging Hub, two batteries, and one sling bag, offering a more comprehensive setup that eases your range anxiety and lets you explore more flight scenarios.
●      DJI FPV Remote Controller 3
In addition to Normal and Sport modes, the DJI FPV Remote Controller 3 offers Manual mode, better suited for advanced pilots to practice and master more sophisticated skills.
●      DJI Avata 2 ND Filters Set
Comes with ND 8/16/32 filters to tackle various lighting conditions, ensuring appropriate brightness and contrast, giving your work high-quality results.
Price and availability

DJI Avata 2 is available today from store.dji.com and most authorized retail partners in several configurations.
●      DJI Avata 2 Fly More Combo (Single Battery) retails for $999 and includes DJI Avata 2, DJI Goggles 3 and the DJI RC Motion 3.
●      DJI Avata 2 Fly More Combo (Three Batteries) retails for $1,199 and includes DJI Avata 2, DJI Goggles 3 and the DJI RC Motion 3, one Two-Way Charging Hub, two extra batteries, and one sling bag.
●      DJI FPV Remote Controller 3 retails for $199.
●      DJI Avata 2 ND Filters Set retails for $79.

For more information on all the new features, accessories, and capabilities, please visit https://www.dji.com/avata-2.

DJI Care Refresh

The comprehensive protection plan for DJI products, DJI Care Refresh is now available for DJI Avata 2.  The replacement service covers accidental damage, including flyaway, collisions and water damage. For a small additional charge, you can have your damaged product replaced if an accident occurs.

DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) includes up to two replacements in one year. DJI Care Refresh (2-Year Plan) includes up to four replacements in two years. Other services of DJI Care Refresh include official Warranty and free shipping. For a full list of details, please visit:

Images and assets can be found at this link: https://bit.ly/dji-avata-2
For more information, please contact: pr@dji.com
About DJI
Since 2006, DJI has led the world with civilian drone innovations that have empowered individuals to take flight for the first time, visionaries to turn their imagination into reality, and professionals to transform their work entirely. Today, DJI serves to build a better world by continuously promoting human advancement. With a solution-oriented mindset and genuine curiosity, DJI has expanded its ambitions into areas such as agriculture, public safety, surveying and mapping, and infrastructure inspection. In every application, DJI products deliver experiences that add value to lives around the world in more profound ways than ever before.

For more information, visit our:
Online Store: store.dji.com
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DJI

4-11 05:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Panda any plans to bring the Mini 3 Pro into the support for the goggles as well?
4-11 05:09
Use props
Earth In Motion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2580118 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Hello,

I uploaded a sample footage from new DJI AVATA 2. It's my first experience with a FPV drone.

4-11 05:30
Use props
Cameron Mind
lvl.2
United States

Is it going to support the dji goggles 2 down the line? I’ve heard both things said that it will support the goggles 2, and that it never will. Is it in the works or not planned to support it.
4-11 12:20
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Should have a Combo with the radio controller, than I would buy it. I never used my Avata motion controller, don't need another expensive paper weight

BTW, the link you have for the Radio Controller 3, brings to the Old FPV Combo
4-11 20:22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks great!
4-11 23:14
Use props
fansf22e05b4
lvl.1
Belgium

Good morning,
@DJI
1) I hear everywhere that when you switch to mix view mode (pip), it's only the view of the drone in very small and the surroundings of the glasses wearer in large? Will it be possible to switch sources?

2) Another question, I am told that the front cameras are too zoomed in, (example like a 105mm photo lens instead of a 50mm view... is this due to the physical lens placed on the cameras, or is it just a software setting you could lower?

thnks
4-12 22:15
Use props
djiuser_7G6OAQRXD49A
New
Flight distance : 17034 ft

Denmark

I am writing to report a series of malfunctions with my newly purchased Avata2. Despite being flown indoors, the drone randomly displays the "no GPS/vision" warning in the goggles, leading to four crashes. Additionally, while flying outdoors with a full GPS lock, the drone twice attempted to return home while positioned under a tree, with the aircraft only 8 meters away. Furthermore, there is a recurring issue where the drone gets stuck in a 20° bank angle when faced with wind.

These consistent problems suggest a firmware issue originating from the production line. As a customer, I am concerned about the safety and functionality of the product. In the event of another crash, I am uncertain how to proceed, especially considering the potential financial implications of paying the refresh fee for a new unit due to what appears to be a firmware malfunction.

I kindly request guidance on how to address these issues and ensure the reliable performance of my DJI Avata2
4-13 01:42
Use props
EG52
lvl.1

United States

"Pilots with Goggles 3 can also use their existing traditional controllers, such as the RC 2 and RC-N2, to control the drone."
Does this mean it is safe to assume there will be a firmware update to allow the use of the RC 2? I would purchase right now if this was officially confirmed.
Also has there been an software update yet for pilots that like to use inverted controls for up and down? I had to open up my RC2 and spin the magnets to get this to work... I do not want to have to do that again with the RC3... Thank you

4-13 21:48
Use props
djiuser_MlKAhA67Qzqw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221552 ft

Switzerland

No combo with FPV remote? Please
4-15 01:23
Use props
Yeung Eric
New

Hong Kong

any plan to release Virtual flight  for me to practice flying for my Avata 2?....   the current app not supporting Avata 2....
4-16 06:26
Use props
moebis
New
Flight distance : 338914 ft
Slovakia

Will we be able to change to Acro mode while recording in a future update? And will the field of view improve on the pass-thru cameras? I noticed it's blinks a much larger view when you first start it so it should be possible. Right now the tunnel vision is disconcerting.
4-17 02:57
Use props
JustDrewit
lvl.1

United States

Cool, but did they add mode 4 yet? How hard could this possibly be for them to implement??
4-17 05:45
Use props
walterscanche
New

United States

I am looking to return to beginner mode after exiting beginner mode.  What steps are required?
4-17 14:40
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

walterscanche Posted at 4-17 14:40
I am looking to return to beginner mode after exiting beginner mode.  What steps are required?

Hello, there. You can open the menu in the Goggles.  Choose Settings - Control - Beginner mode.
Click the 5D button to exit the mode.
4-17 19:44
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Yeung Eric Posted at 4-16 06:26
any plan to release Virtual flight  for me to practice flying for my Avata 2?....   the current app not supporting Avata 2....

Hello, there. Thank you for your support. DJI Avata 2 does not support DJI Virtual Flight. DJI Virtual Flight has stopped maintenance on March 21st, 2024. https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400010075&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en
However, it supports third-party simulators such as Liftoff, Uncrashed, and DRL. You can use them for practice.

4-17 20:27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

moebis Posted at 4-17 02:57
Will we be able to change to Acro mode while recording in a future update? And will the field of view improve on the pass-thru cameras? I noticed it's blinks a much larger view when you first start it so it should be possible. Right now the tunnel vision is disconcerting.

Hello, there. Thank you for your feedback.
About the mode change, users can change the mode while recording. There are no restrictions on the modes.
About the FOV, can we have a video to understand the issue you said?
Thank you.
4-17 22:20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_7G6OAQRXD49A Posted at 4-13 01:42
I am writing to report a series of malfunctions with my newly purchased Avata2. Despite being flown indoors, the drone randomly displays the "no GPS/vision" warning in the goggles, leading to four crashes. Additionally, while flying outdoors with a full GPS lock, the drone twice attempted to return home while positioned under a tree, with the aircraft only 8 meters away. Furthermore, there is a recurring issue where the drone gets stuck in a 20° bank angle when faced with wind.

These consistent problems suggest a firmware issue originating from the production line. As a customer, I am concerned about the safety and functionality of the product. In the event of another crash, I am uncertain how to proceed, especially considering the potential financial implications of paying the refresh fee for a new unit due to what appears to be a firmware malfunction.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Considering the crashes, we would recommend you open a repair request and send it back for inspection and repair first.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
May we know have you created the case?  Please let us know if you have any questions during the repair.
4-17 22:30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansf22e05b4 Posted at 4-12 22:15
Good morning,
@DJI
1) I hear everywhere that when you switch to mix view mode (pip), it's only the view of the drone in very small and the surroundings of the glasses wearer in large? Will it be possible to switch sources?

Hello, there. Thank you for your interest.
1. Thank you for your feedback. Currently, it is not possible to manually switch the main screen in Real View PiP mode. We will log and forward users' feedback, and our engineers will continue to optimize the functional logic of Real View to improve your experience during use.
2. We are sorry that it is difficult to understand your issue, can we have some videos?
4-17 23:17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Cameron Mind Posted at 4-11 12:20
Is it going to support the dji goggles 2 down the line? I’ve heard both things said that it will support the goggles 2, and that it never will. Is it in the works or not planned to support it.

Hello, there. We appreciate your interest. DJI Avata 2 currently does not support DJI Goggles 2, but our engineering team is actively working to adapt and test various functions. We will release a new firmware update to support DJI Goggles 2 once the image transmission quality and flight performance meets our standards. Please stay tuned.
4-17 23:21
Use props
djiuser_xhALBIUzP76u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46857 ft

France

Hello,

First of all, I apologize for my approximate English.

It is undeniable that the decision to make the DJI Goggle 3 incompatible with the previous O3 transmission system constitutes a true heresy for the FPV community.

By thus taking FPV enthusiasts hostage, who now have a fleet of quadcopters using O3, DJI risks frustrating and alienating a dedicated fan base.

Please... Give us compatibility for DJI O3 AirUnit on DJI Goggle 3 and DJI Remote Controller 3.

These enthusiasts, who have invested time, energy, and resources into the FPV ecosystem, now find themselves facing a perplexing dilemma: either they accept the costly upgrade of their equipment, or they are forced to forego the technological advancements of the Goggle 3 and Avata 2.

This decision seems to be more motivated by commercial considerations than a genuine concern for meeting the needs of the FPV community. Indeed, by compelling users to adopt the new technology, DJI artificially limits the options available in the market and strengthens its dominance in the sector.

This approach risks deterring many enthusiasts, especially those with tighter budgets, from continuing their passion for FPV.

It is crucial for companies like DJI to recognize the importance of the loyalty of the FPV community and to support it by developing solutions that respect users' previous investments. Although dominant technologically and commercially, by neglecting this aspect, DJI risks undermining the trust and loyalty of its customer base, which could have long-term repercussions on its reputation and market position.

Ultimately, a more inclusive and respectful approach towards users would be beneficial for both DJI and the FPV community as a whole. I hope that this message will be published, transmitted, or read by DJI. Please... Give us compatibility for DJI O3 AirUnit on DJI Goggle 3 and DJI Remote Controller 3, or do we need to launch a petition again like we did for the Goggle 2 with the Air Unit 1 and Vista?

Thank you.

-------------------------------------
Bonjour,

Il est indéniable que la décision de rendre les lunettes DJI Goggle 3 incompatibles avec le précédent système de transmission O3 constitue une véritable hérésie pour la communauté FPV.

En prenant ainsi en otage les passionnés de FPV qui ont désormais toute une flotte de quad en O3, DJI risque de frustrer et d’aliéner une base de fans dévouée.

Svp... Donnez nous la compatibilté Dji o3 airunit sur DJI Google 3 et DJI Remote controle 3

Ces passionnés, qui ont investi du temps, de l’énergie et des ressources dans l’écosystème FPV, se retrouvent désormais face à un dilemme déconcertant : soit ils acceptent de mettre à jour leur équipement à grands frais, soit ils se voient contraints de renoncer à l’évolution technologique des google 3 et de l’avata 2…

Cette décision semble davantage motivée par des considérations commerciales que par un véritable souci de répondre aux besoins de la communauté FPV.

En effet, en obligeant les utilisateurs à passer à la nouvelle technologie, DJI limite artificiellement les options disponibles sur le marché et accroît sa domination dans le secteur. Cette approche risque de dissuader de nombreux passionnés, en particulier ceux dont le budget est plus restreint, de poursuivre leur passion pour le FPV.

Il est crucial pour les entreprises comme DJI de reconnaître l’importance de la fidélité de la communauté FPV et de la soutenir en développant des solutions qui respectent les investissements précédents des utilisateurs.

Bien que dominant technologiquement et commercialement parlant, En négligeant cet aspect, DJI prend le risque de miner la confiance et la loyauté de sa base de clients, ce qui pourrait avoir des répercussions à long terme sur sa réputation et sa position sur le marché.

En fin de compte, une approche plus inclusive et respectueuse des utilisateurs serait bénéfique tant pour DJI que pour la communauté FPV dans son ensemble.

J’espère que ce message sera publier, transmis ou lu par DJI.

Svp... Donnez nous la compatibilté Dji o3 airunit sur DJI Google 3 et DJI Remote controle 3
4-18 05:08
Use props
Chalermimage
New

Thailand

Can DJI Avata 2, Goggles 3 and FPV remote controller can work with DJI virtual flightsim?
4-18 11:59
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Chalermimage Posted at 4-18 11:59
Can DJI Avata 2, Goggles 3 and FPV remote controller can work with DJI virtual flightsim?

Thank you for reaching out. Currently, they don't support Virtual Flight App(Android&iOS)and Virtual Flight (PC Windows version).
4-18 18:13
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Very informative article.  
4-19 20:54
Use props
atgertgmail.com
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 790659 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Still no Stick Mode 4 available. Why removing setup for Stick mode 4 out of FPV Fly App. Does DJI want me to solder on Remote controller to use it.
IMG_3719.jpeg
4-20 01:21
Use props
gsharris07
New

United States

How do you set the Time Zone and Date and Time on the Avata 2.  When I film with it my time stamp on the files are 3 hours off.
4-21 00:48
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

gsharris07 Posted at 4-21 00:48
How do you set the Time Zone and Date and Time on the Avata 2.  When I film with it my time stamp on the files are 3 hours off.

Hello, there. The timestamp obtained in the video or photo taken by the aircraft comes from the App, that is, the time after the mobile device is connected to the Internet. If the time displayed in the material is abnormal, please check whether the time set on the mobile phone/screen remote control is accurate.
4-21 00:56
Use props
djiuser_lm9tuDTJ7u6c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1796358 ft
United States

Hello,  Did the goggles 3 came with lens cap or did I misplaced them? Thank you.
4-21 06:22
Use props
Pete_D
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-17 20:27
Hello, there. Thank you for your support. DJI Avata 2 does not support DJI Virtual Flight. DJI Virtual Flight has stopped maintenance on March 21st, 2024. https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400010075&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en
However, it supports third-party simulators such as Liftoff, Uncrashed, and DRL. You can use them for practice.

Very disappointing! Why stop support for the sim right before releasing a new product? Especially one that a lot of new comers to FPV will likely want to make use of to learn manual mode. Makes no sense at all.  The great advantage of the virtual flight app is that it runs on IOS. Not everyone has a gaming spec PC. Please reconsider this decision.
4-21 13:29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Pete_D Posted at 4-21 13:29
Very disappointing! Why stop support for the sim right before releasing a new product? Especially one that a lot of new comers to FPV will likely want to make use of to learn manual mode. Makes no sense at all.  The great advantage of the virtual flight app is that it runs on IOS. Not everyone has a gaming spec PC. Please reconsider this decision.

Thank you for your continued support of DJI Virtual Flight. The latest version of the software has been optimized to enhance the user experience, addressing issues such as blurry images when used with goggles, thereby providing an improved functional experience.
Meanwhile, DJI Avata and DJI FPV series products have been optimized and taken to the next level in terms of safety and accessibility, bringing users infinite possibilities for flight experience and content creation. We also anticipate the opportunity to explore the breathtaking outdoor world with you and savor the excitement of actual flying.
Therefore, DJI Virtual Flight will stop maintenance on March 21, 2024. If you have already downloaded this app, you can continue to use it with the corresponding device. Furthermore, you have the option to explore other third-party simulators that are compatible with DJI's products. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-21 18:47
Use props
Alan77505
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6240495 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are Integra, Goggles 2 or V2 Goggles able to be used in audience mode on the Avata 2?
4-21 18:53
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

sO COOL !
4-22 01:11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Alan77505 Posted at 4-21 18:53
Are Integra, Goggles 2 or V2 Goggles able to be used in audience mode on the Avata 2?

Hello there! Thank you for contacting us. DJI Goggles Integra, DJI Goggles 2, and DJI FPV Goggles V2 all have an audience mode feature. However, please note that DJI FPV Goggles V2 is not compatible with DJI Avata 2.

As for DJI Goggles Integra and DJI Goggles 2, they are currently not compatible with DJI Avata 2. However, we are working on it, and they may become compatible through future firmware upgrades. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website for updates.
4-22 06:51
Use props
SethMote
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1381063 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-17 20:27
Hello, there. Thank you for your support. DJI Avata 2 does not support DJI Virtual Flight. DJI Virtual Flight has stopped maintenance on March 21st, 2024. https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400010075&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en

None of the third party simulators are able to run on a phone or iPad.  

DJI should have a simulator to practice with our RC3 for first time FPV pilots. I don’t have a PC or Mac desktop any longer and don’t want to purchase the older RC2 just to learn how to fly in manual mode.

Poor execution on DJI’s part here. Get new RC3 for your new Avata 2! but you’ll need to go back to the RC2 and older goggles to learn to fly it on the DJI Flight Simulator or use a third party simulator and purchase a PC or Mac to run it….  
4-24 14:40
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SethMote Posted at 4-24 14:40
None of the third party simulators are able to run on a phone or iPad.  

DJI should have a simulator to practice with our RC3 for first time FPV pilots. I don’t have a PC or Mac desktop any longer and don’t want to purchase the older RC2 just to learn how to fly in manual mode.

Hi, there. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We will forward your advice to our related departments.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
4-24 20:12
Use props
Alan77505
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6240495 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-22 06:51
Hello there! Thank you for contacting us. DJI Goggles Integra, DJI Goggles 2, and DJI FPV Goggles V2 all have an audience mode feature. However, please note that DJI FPV Goggles V2 is not compatible with DJI Avata 2.

As for DJI Goggles Integra and DJI Goggles 2, they are currently not compatible with DJI Avata 2. However, we are working on it, and they may become compatible through future firmware upgrades. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website for updates.

Are Integra and Goggles 2 going to be compatible to fly the Avata 2 or just for audience mode?  I'm asking because I have a severely autistic son who LOVES to watch my flights in audience mode.  We were using 2 sets of V2 goggles to fly.  Recently I did buy Integra goggles.   I also bought Goggles 2 to fly my MIni 3 thinking it had audience mode.  I wasted my money there.

I'm hoping I don't have to buy 2 sets of Goggles 3 for my son to be able to watch my flights.  I'm waiting to buy the Avata 2 without having to purchase 2 sets of Goggles 3.   I'd be willing to trade in my Integra and Goggles 2 for 1 goggles 3.   
4-27 17:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules