New FPV Remote Controller 3 Firmware Released (04/11/2024)
930 5 4-11 05:47
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2024.04.11
  • DJI FPV Remote Controller 3 Firmware:        v01.00.0100
  • DJI Fly App iOS:        v1.13.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.13.0

What’s New
  • Optimized communication stability between the goggles and remote control device.
  • Fixed some known issues.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft, remote control device, and goggles after the firmware update is complete.
  • Note that the firmware update may reset various flight parameters such as RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the firmware update is complete.
  • If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote control device, goggles, and the DJI Fly app or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series), and try again.

4-11 05:47
Use props
FreschVegables
New
United States

I'm not sure if this is covered anywhere else... Is there going to be a firmware update for the Remote Controller 2 to be compatible with the Avata 2 and Goggles 3? I currently have the Remote Controller 2 and want to fly manual mode with the Avata 2 (which I'm sure a lot of people do). Or do I need to plan on purchasing the Remote Controller 3? Thanks!
4-22 15:50
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

FreschVegables Posted at 4-22 15:50
I'm not sure if this is covered anywhere else... Is there going to be a firmware update for the Remote Controller 2 to be compatible with the Avata 2 and Goggles 3? I currently have the Remote Controller 2 and want to fly manual mode with the Avata 2 (which I'm sure a lot of people do). Or do I need to plan on purchasing the Remote Controller 3? Thanks!

There definitely is an update coming to allow Goggles 2/Integra + FPVRC2/RCM2 to be used with Avata 2, but RC Motion 3 and FPV RC3 don't pair to aircraft like the old ones did, they pair to Goggles 3, so I wouldn't hold my breath for old controllers + new goggles compatibility.
4-22 23:50
Use props
Oleg-5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1361952 ft
Russia

I agree.  Although I didn't believe in it before.  It turned out that the Remote Controller 3 only works with the goggle3 helmet, since it does not have a high-frequency module.  This is a regular joystick, like from a PS4 console or. PS5 over bluetooth protocols.  Now the entire transmitting module and the high-frequency module are in the Goggles-3 helmet. Whether this is good or bad, I do not know.  But I don't want to have an emitter in my head.  Therefore, if there is support for air modules or Avata1, then only in conjunction with RC3 and Goggles3.  DJI did another stupid thing in such a solution to the issue.  I actually think that Goggles3 is a very bad FPV helmet.  Apparently, they compromised with those people for whom goggles 2 was not comfortable in the nose.  Although it was convenient for me.
5-6 19:18
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Oleg-5 Posted at 5-6 19:18
I agree.  Although I didn't believe in it before.  It turned out that the Remote Controller 3 only works with the goggle3 helmet, since it does not have a high-frequency module.  This is a regular joystick, like from a PS4 console or. PS5 over bluetooth protocols.  Now the entire transmitting module and the high-frequency module are in the Goggles-3 helmet. Whether this is good or bad, I do not know.  But I don't want to have an emitter in my head.  Therefore, if there is support for air modules or Avata1, then only in conjunction with RC3 and Goggles3.  DJI did another stupid thing in such a solution to the issue.  I actually think that Goggles3 is a very bad FPV helmet.  Apparently, they compromised with those people for whom goggles 2 was not comfortable in the nose.  Although it was convenient for me.

Your Goggles 2 (as well as any other goggles from the original DJI FPV Goggles onward) also transmit data to all aircraft they're compatible with (and to Air Units). Adding controller RC packets on top of that doesn't really change anything. They were approved for use on head by institutions in charge of that stuff. Do you not use a mobile phone?
yesterday 08:28
Use props
Oleg-5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1361952 ft
Russia

fichek Posted at 5-7 08:28
Your Goggles 2 (as well as any other goggles from the original DJI FPV Goggles onward) also transmit data to all aircraft they're compatible with (and to Air Units). Adding controller RC packets on top of that doesn't really change anything. They were approved for use on head by institutions in charge of that stuff. Do you not use a mobile phone?

Goggles -2 emit very little radiation. I've measured it more than once.  RF device.  There is feedback in the protocol to generate missing digital packets.  But the radiation from the glasses is very weak.  I've been doing this for many years. I have a lot of my own assembled LRS systems and have instruments. I can determine the power of each dji product.
yesterday 08:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules