271 13 4-12 23:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi everyone, i don't know if it's after the last L2 firmware update (that i've done this week, the end of february update) or because UGCS 5.0.0 beta test (i'm going to investigate even this side), but i've done 3 missions with L2, and my folder files have a strange hierarcy, and i think that's why i cannot PPK the dataset.
In the field i've seen a strange thing: when the M300 has reach the beggining of the lidar scanning path, it started collecting few picures (1 to 3 pics) and then start the point cloud registration.
I think this makes something at the folder files.
Immagine 2024-04-13 085225.jpg
As you can see the folder starts with a file named 0001_D as usual, then it change to 0002_D, there's 2 pictures, and then files named 0005_L.

If i try to process with Terra the folder, it doesn't give me any issue, i can easily process correctly. But in 1 of the 3 projects i had some RTK issue, so i need to PPK. In this case i put as usual my Emlid base RINEX into the folder, renamed with the 0005_L.obs (see in the folder), but it doesnt work, it's using the RTK correction.
I tried even renaming with the first 0002_D.obs, but still RTK.

Any suggestion? should i rename all the lidar files with the same name? changing 0001, 0002, and 0005 to 0001? Why i have files with 000x_D.***? D and L suffix?

This is another L2 project, before updates, as you can see the hierarcy is correct and i could PPK the data easily with the selected Rinex.
Immagine 2024-04-13 090027.jpg

Thank you
Immagine 2024-04-13 085225.jpg
4-12 23:03
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Do you remove the .RTB file when you put the .OBS in the folder?
4-12 23:25
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-12 23:25
Do you remove the .RTB file when you put the .OBS in the folder?

no, i've never done that. I recognize when Terra use the obs file because when i select the folder, with RTK only files takes 1 second to import, when if there's the obs file il takes 15+ seconds to accept the project folder.

Now i'm trying to rename the first files to 0005_L and it seems working, terra is right now reconstructing, 9% without errors..
4-12 23:36
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Panph Posted at 4-12 23:36
no, i've never done that. I recognize when Terra use the obs file because when i select the folder, with RTK only files takes 1 second to import, when if there's the obs file il takes 15+ seconds to accept the project folder.

Now i'm trying to rename the first files to 0005_L and it seems working, terra is right now reconstructing, 9% without errors..

As per the L1 manual it is Mandatory to remove it. For L2 iam not sure, but for every dataset that i received i removed it and it works well.

Also having few pictures at the beginning of the mission is quite common for, and this does not affect the reconstruction.
4-12 23:47
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-12 23:47
As per the L1 manual it is Mandatory to remove it. For L2 iam not sure, but for every dataset that i received i removed it and it works well.

Also having few pictures at the beginning of the mission is quite common for, and this does not affect the reconstruction.

Thank you for the tips, even with L1 i've never done it, and when i had RTK issue in some areas of scanning, simply adding the obs files correct the errors. I'm gonna try to remove RTB in the next projects!

Anyway it looks like it's a name file issue, now i rename the file from this:

to this:

and it seems working
4-12 23:51
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

LV, just an update.
I've tried to process the data in PPK with and without the RTB file, the results are the same from both tecniques. I can assume that if Terra finds an OBS file, it gave priority to this data instead of RTB.

Instead, about initial issue, if i process the folder out of L2, so with file with different numbers due to first pictures, and i delete the RTB file swapping with OBS, the proccess can't be performed.
I need to rename the files (referring to last screenshot of previous post) with prefix 0004_L.***.

Without renaming files with same name, PPK can't be performed with OBS file.

Hope this can help someone else. I repeat my setup: DJI Terra 4.0.10, M300 and L2 lastest firmware (L2 with 23 february firmware), mission planned with UGCS 5.0.0 (beta test).
Maybe the issue is related with UGCS 5.
4-13 01:49
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Panph Posted at 4-13 01:49
LV, just an update.
I've tried to process the data in PPK with and without the RTB file, the results are the same from both tecniques. I can assume that if Terra finds an OBS file, it gave priority to this data instead of RTB.

Thanks for update. That's weird.

I stopped to used UGCS so i cant try,  but iam going to visit them this month so if you have concerns, feel free to share, i will ask them during the meeting.
4-13 02:02
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-13 02:02
Thanks for update. That's weird.

I stopped to used UGCS so i cant try,  but iam going to visit them this month so if you have concerns, feel free to share, i will ask them during the meeting.

How come you stopped using UGCS?
4-13 10:45
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 4-13 10:45
How come you stopped using UGCS?

They changed their pricing policy.  When I received the bill for license renewal and support, I refused.  

Now I use Pilot 2 only.  In addition with the latest update it is possible to do vertical mapping.

What's bad without UGCS is no longer being able to manage multiple flight plans on a PC.  But by connecting a mouse and keyboard to the RC, it's perfect.  Pilot 2 is very fluid and working with KMZ doesn't bother me.  

In this regard, can you see the flight plan by connecting your RC to a screen via HDMI?  
For the M300 the image displayed is always the video feedback from the FPV camera, for M3E, M and T it is the black screen.
4-13 11:32
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-13 11:32
They changed their pricing policy.  When I received the bill for license renewal and support, I refused.  

Now I use Pilot 2 only.  In addition with the latest update it is possible to do vertical mapping.

I looked into UGCS several time but the cost and the fact it's possible with Pilot2 to get around most issues made we didn't buy it.

For planning we do it via Pilot2 with only a mouse :-) I used to work with a screen but...the new RC is ok to work on.

I flew in the past with a side screen but only for payload output, so I don't know if you can display the map. Did you look into the screen sharing properties?
4-15 03:35
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 4-15 03:35
I looked into UGCS several time but the cost and the fact it's possible with Pilot2 to get around most issues made we didn't buy it.

For planning we do it via Pilot2 with only a mouse :-) I used to work with a screen but...the new RC is ok to work on.

yes that's exactly it, Pilot 2 has all the functions I need for DJI payloads. For heavier payloads I use drones equipped with Pixhawk, where the problem does not arise because there is plenty of Open Source software that does the job perfectly. I use QGround Control regularly.

For screen sharing to HDMI, I searched everywhere. Maybe not enough. I didn't dare open a thread, the pro section is dying a little more every day, look at your thread on the RID... not even a response.

At the moment they are too busy managing their new point policy, plus the release of Avata2 with its amount of questions and lawyers who have just realized what the C1 is.
4-15 06:12
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 4-15 03:35

For planning we do it via Pilot2 with only a mouse :-) I used to work with a screen but...the new RC is ok to work on.

It depends on where you're living. I live in a very mountainous area, and i need to plan very complicated missions, where precise terrain elevation and gimbal controls are fundamental.
I think i could use pilot2 as well, but i'm sure i'd take at least 5 times the time i use to spend on UGCS to plan.

For almost flat area ugcs is not needed
4-15 23:47
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-15 06:12
yes that's exactly it, Pilot 2 has all the functions I need for DJI payloads. For heavier payloads I use drones equipped with Pixhawk, where the problem does not arise because there is plenty of Open Source software that does the job perfectly. I use QGround Control regularly.

For screen sharing to HDMI, I searched everywhere. Maybe not enough. I didn't dare open a thread, the pro section is dying a little more every day, look at your thread on the RID... not even a response.

There is an option if I remember : settings > remote > HDMI and there you can specify what is displayed on external screen.
Otherwise in the Android part, I think you can also specify what to do with external screen or screen cast.

RiD...I don't get why M300 doesn't have it as they support FAA Rid on it.
4-16 01:11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 4-16 01:11
There is an option if I remember : settings > remote > HDMI and there you can specify what is displayed on external screen.
Otherwise in the Android part, I think you can also specify what to do with external screen or screen cast.

Okay, no success with HDMI. Thanks anyway for the recommendations.

For the RID the frame is different from that of the US. But above all I think that there is a deliberate desire not to do, and certainly not to communicate. Take out your wallets and buy some M350s!
4-16 04:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules