960 39 4-13 23:45
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

Hello community,
I have created this poll specially for european pilots, but if you aren't from Europe you are invited to let your thoughts too.

Seeing the problems that we currently have on Europe with EASA rules that have given us an excellent Avata 2 limited to 19m/s, even in Acro mode, I would like to know your oppinion about if you would have prefered to get an Avata 2 marked as C2/C3 without speed limitation and have in the future a new DJI FPV sub250g model marked as C0 or if for you the speed limitation to 19 m/s is not a problem and you prefer to have the Avata 2 labeled as C1, just as we have at the moment.

Regards
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 33 people participate in voting

Distance end of: 6 Day9 Hour6 Min

Your user group with no voting privileges
4-13 23:45
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35157 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If i want to fly fast and free i have my DJI FPV with Gemfan Hurricane Props. ;).
4-14 01:12
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7832014 ft
France

In Europe, i think the bigger problem is not speed limitation but lack off power. It think it s dangerous because you always flight full throttle and dont have power to rescue the drone if a problem happened. Never buy this bull... until an fonctionnal hack arrived
4-14 01:38
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

Snoze Posted at 4-14 01:38
In Europe, i think the bigger problem is not speed limitation but lack off power. It think it s dangerous because you always flight full throttle and dont have power to rescue the drone if a problem happened. Never buy this bull... until an fonctionnal hack arrived

Yeah, I agree with you, both things depend on each other
4-14 01:52
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4202785 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The AVATA 2 doesn't even need to be classified as C3, because there is no speed limitation in C2 either.

C2 would mean it could be operated under A2 instead of A3, assuming you have a remote pilot certificate, which then allows you to come within 30 meters of uninvolved people in manual mode. Also, in A2, there's no requirement to keep a 150 meter distance from various infrastructures, like there is in A3. And pilots without remote pilot certificate can operate C2 drones in A3, like any C3 drone.
Anyway, C3 is no option for me because of the minimum 150m distance to any urban infrastructure. So I voted for C1, even if I really don't like the crippled overall power of the AVATA 2. Maybe DJI will consider offering a C2 reclassification for the AVATA 2, like they've done with other drones.
4-15 03:35
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

skyscope Posted at 4-15 03:35
The AVATA 2 doesn't even need to be classified as C3, because there is no speed limitation in C2 either.

C2 would mean it could be operated under A2 instead of A3, assuming you have a remote pilot certificate, which then allows you to come within 30 meters of uninvolved people in manual mode. Also, in A2, there's no requirement to keep a 150 meter distance from various infrastructures, like there is in A3. And pilots without remote pilot certificate can operate C2 drones in A3, like any C3 drone.

If I am not wrong, C2 drones have to be equipped a system that limits the speed to 3m/s and at the moment, I am not sure if that could be resolved as a more restrictive scenario (impossible to fly a FPV limited to 3m/s)
4-15 03:51
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Fozando Posted at 4-15 03:51
If I am not wrong, C2 drones have to be equipped a system that limits the speed to 3m/s and at the moment, I am not sure if that could be resolved as a more restrictive scenario (impossible to fly a FPV limited to 3m/s)

That's correct, C2 drones must have a selectable "low speed mode". But it wouldn't be a problem to limit N-Mode to 3 m/s to make it the "low speed mode".
And if one wants to fly not manual but faster than that, one can use S-Mode and dial in the speed for S-Mode in the menu as liking. All that for C2 classification only. Who's looking for more speed or more power overall is flying Manual most of the time anyway.

4-15 04:07
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

skyscope Posted at 4-15 04:07
That's correct, C2 drones must have a "low speed mode". But it wouldn't be a problem to limit N-Mode to 3 m/s to make it the "low speed mode".
And if one wants to fly not manual but faster than that, one can use S-Mode and dial in the speed for S-Mode in the menu as liking.

That could be also done with the C1 label, limiting only the N-mode to 19m/s and leaving without restriction the Sport and Acro modes, but as you can see the limitation is stablished for all modes at the moment and for that I was asking for the possibility of having the C3 label.
4-15 04:12
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Fozando Posted at 4-15 04:12
That could be also done with the C1 label, limiting only the N-mode to 19m/s and leaving without restriction the Sport and Acro modes, but as you can see the limitation is stablished for all modes at the moment and for that I was asking for the possibility of having the C3 label.

No, that's no option.
C1 = maximum 19 m/s regardless of the mode you're in
C2 = No general speed limit, but must have the option to select a low speed mode with max. 3 m/s.
4-15 04:17
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

skyscope Posted at 4-15 04:17
No, that's no option.
C2 = No general speed limit, but must have the option to select a low speed mode with max. 3 m/s.

Yeah, you are right. I was forgetting that the 19 m/s on C1 applies over all the modes, so yes, the C2 labeling would be a great solution.
4-15 04:20
Use props
Ben_McE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 815587 ft
Ireland

DJI Avata 2 has Beginner Mode. What speed is that limited to? Maybe under 3m/s? C2 classification would remove the 19m/s limit and allow flight in the A2 and A3 sub catagory
4-15 05:31
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

Ben_McE Posted at 4-15 05:31
DJI Avata 2 has Beginner Mode. What speed is that limited to? Maybe under 3m/s? C2 classification would remove the 19m/s limit and allow flight in the A2 and A3 sub catagory

I don't know wich is the speed limit on the Beginner mode, but if is 3m/s or it stays below that speed, the C2 could be the perfect solution not having to limit the N-mode
4-15 05:34
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

I tried to modify the poll to include the C2 possibility, but I think that the ones who voted for the C3 option now can't change their option

Let me investigate if I could do something to reset the votes or giving you the possibility to change it
4-15 05:51
Use props
djiuser_Ary6ieMC2ulX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 844324 ft
Netherlands

I'm happy the way it is, with the limitation.
4-15 10:54
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

djiuser_Ary6ieMC2ulX Posted at 4-15 10:54
I'm happy the way it is, with the limitation.

If the current speed is enough for you, your decision is right
4-15 12:09
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.3
Flight distance : 44944 ft
Germany

"future C1sub250g FPV model"
why C1 and not C0?
4-16 07:32
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.3
Flight distance : 44944 ft
Germany

do not understand why so many vote for C3.
C2 would be great and the 3m/s could be also done via extra setting for beginner, like in avata 2. No need to assign it on N-mode.
4-16 07:47
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

=DUH= Posted at 4-16 07:32
"future C1sub250g FPV model"
why C1 and not C0?

My mistake, I wanted to say C0, but now I cannot modify the poll
4-16 09:02
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

=DUH= Posted at 4-16 07:47
C2 would be great and the 3m/s could be also done via extra setting for beginner, like in avata 2. No need to assign it on N-mode.

If the beginner mode can be considered as a real mode, It is the perfect solution
4-16 09:03
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 785125 ft
Croatia

=DUH= Posted at 4-16 07:47

Because this poll option was associated with not having a speed limit at all.

I don't care about classifications at all, it can be C999 for all I care, just don't artificially limit the hardware. Or make it limited by default, but give users the official ability to unlock it. My car doesn't come speed limited to maximum speed of the fastest road in my country, it's my responsibility to follow the law as I see fit. It's called freedom. DJI shouldn't pretend to be the police. This situation right now is flat out dystopian.
4-17 01:53
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Shadetail Posted at 4-17 01:53

I don't care about classifications at all, it can be C999 for all I care, just don't artificially limit the hardware. Or make it limited by default, but give users the official ability to unlock it. My car doesn't come speed limited to maximum speed of the fastest road in my country, it's my responsibility to follow the law as I see fit. It's called freedom. DJI shouldn't pretend to be the police. This situation right now is flat out dystopian.

DJI is not responsible for this.  This is required by European regulations.
4-17 03:01
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

Shadetail Posted at 4-17 01:53

Just as LV_Forestry says, the speed limitation doesn't come from DJI, it comes from EASA' rules in which you can see that a drone certified as C1 has to acomplish with the speed limit of 19m/s.

The solution for the problem is that DJI opens the hand to lose the C1 marking in order to get the C2 or C3 in which EASA doesn't stablish this speed limit.
4-17 06:48
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 785125 ft
Croatia

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-17 03:01
DJI is not responsible for this.  This is required by European regulations.

They are entirely responsible for their decision to limit the speed and categorize the drone as C1. They might as well have chosen to not limit the speed and categorize it as something else.
4-17 20:42
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Shadetail Posted at 4-17 20:42
They are entirely responsible for their decision to limit the speed and categorize the drone as C1. They might as well have chosen to not limit the speed and categorize it as something else.

C1 has a restricted speed.
C2 is not accessible to everyone because the exam conditions are an obstacle.
C3 does not authorize use in urban areas.

DJI had to make a choice that could disappoint as few people as possible. While respecting the law.

4-17 21:05
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-17 21:05
C1 has a restricted speed.
C2 is not accessible to everyone because the exam conditions are an obstacle.
C3 does not authorize use in urban areas.

DJI could give us the chance to select which kind of marking we prefer, if C1, C2 or C3 just like It did with the Mini 4 Pro having the chance to choose between C0 or C1 with the Plus batteries
4-17 21:29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Fozando Posted at 4-17 21:29
DJI could give us the chance to select which kind of marking we prefer, if C1, C2 or C3 just like It did with the Mini 4 Pro having the chance to choose between C0 or C1 with the Plus batteries

They were able to do this because the battery plus is a physical modification and there are two distinct model numbers.  

I'm not sure that it's "à la carte" and that we can choose the category that suits us for each drone.  Otherwise the 945 no longer makes sense.

But yes, it is certain that it is the option that will please everyone.
4-18 00:34
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-18 00:34
They were able to do this because the battery plus is a physical modification and there are two distinct model numbers.  

I'm not sure that it's "à la carte" and that we can choose the category that suits us for each drone.  Otherwise the 945 no longer makes sense.

Yeah, but for an Avata 2, get the C2 or the C3 is less complicated than the C1. So, I think that It could be posible the relabeling process
4-18 02:57
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Fozando Posted at 4-18 02:57
Yeah, but for an Avata 2, get the C2 or the C3 is less complicated than the C1. So, I think that It could be posible the relabeling process

From a label point of view I agree it's not complicated. Costly maybe.
From a logistics and production point of view it's something else.  

Besides, isn't there an FPV 2 coming soon?
Wouldn't DJI's strategy be to have Avata C1 and FPV C3?  The price of the Avata 2 tells me that they want you to buy something else in the near future.
4-18 03:28
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-18 03:28
From a label point of view I agree it's not complicated. Costly maybe.
From a logistics and production point of view it's something else.  

That's a good point, but I wish that the next FPV model be a sub 250g
4-18 05:07
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Fozando Posted at 4-18 05:07
That's a good point, but I wish that the next FPV model be a sub 250g

I don't see that ever happening to be honest. Mini series is as close as it can get to 250g without being over, and the performance is just not good enough for most FPV flights.

For sub250g FPV drones, we're waiting for O4 Air Unit (or at least Goggles 3 support for O3AU).
4-18 05:36
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

fichek Posted at 4-18 05:36
I don't see that ever happening to be honest. Mini series is as close as it can get to 250g without being over, and the performance is just not good enough for most FPV flights.

For sub250g FPV drones, we're waiting for O4 Air Unit (or at least Goggles 3 support for O3AU).

If brands like Iflight, BetaFPV, GepRC, FLywoo were able to create exceptional sub250g models, I am sure that DJI can also do it.
4-18 06:56
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Fozando Posted at 4-18 06:56
If brands like Iflight, BetaFPV, GepRC, FLywoo were able to create exceptional sub250g models, I am sure that DJI can also do it.

I'm not sure I would call any of those exceptional (FlyWoo comes closest to something I would consider buying instead of building myself), but even if I did - they simply don't fit into the DJI ecosystem and trying to make them fit in would easily push them over 250g. And even if they made them under 250g, it would be a very niche product since such light cinewhoops are pretty much exclusively used indoors. That's exactly why Air Units exist

I would love to be wrong on this, but it just doesn't add up.
4-18 18:37
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

fichek Posted at 4-18 18:37
I'm not sure I would call any of those exceptional (FlyWoo comes closest to something I would consider buying instead of building myself), but even if I did - they simply don't fit into the DJI ecosystem and trying to make them fit in would easily push them over 250g. And even if they made them under 250g, it would be a very niche product since such light cinewhoops are pretty much exclusively used indoors. That's exactly why Air Units exist

I would love to be wrong on this, but it just doesn't add up.

I think that it was FlyWoo the one who is selling a sub 250g long range model, but I need to confirm it
4-19 12:06
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyscope Posted at 4-15 04:17
No, that's no option.

Who would want o fly a drone at 3 m/s?
4-19 12:20
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-19 12:20
Who would want o fly a drone at 3 m/s?

Me for example.
I do it on sets all the time with my Mavic 3 Pro, with prop guards close to people for example. Substitutes a crane, a jib, and often a dolly.
4-19 13:26
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyscope Posted at 4-19 13:26
Me for example.
I do it on sets all the time with my Mavic 3 Pro, with prop guards close to people for example. Substitutes a crane, a jib, and often a dolly.

OK that makes sense for a video shoot or some special type situation.  I think most folks want the thrill of flying low & fast, or doing insane loops, spins, & flips.  I'm more of the low & fast type.
4-19 14:24
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Fozando Posted at 4-19 12:06
I think that it was FlyWoo the one who is selling a sub 250g long range model, but I need to confirm it

Yeah, Explorer LR 4, and it's not exactly super agile OR durable, as you would expect from an FPV drone. It's more comparable to DJI's Mini series.
4-19 21:33
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

fichek Posted at 4-19 21:33
Yeah, Explorer LR 4, and it's not exactly super agile OR durable, as you would expect from an FPV drone. It's more comparable to DJI's Mini series.

I was supposing that doing a comparison with common long range drones like the Chimaera
4-20 08:01
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Fozando Posted at 4-20 08:01
I was supposing that doind a comparison with common long range drones like the Chimaera

Chimera7 is much more capable and not really affected much by wind. Explorer LR4 is like a kite being thrown in the wind
4-20 08:06
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

fichek Posted at 4-20 08:06
Chimera7 is much more capable and not really affected much by wind. Explorer LR4 is like a kite being thrown in the wind

Yes, it has much more power in his motors and of course, its weight makes him much more comfortable for long range flights
4-29 03:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules