Avata 2 + Goggles3 Recommend a Simulator....
5313 64 4-14 06:31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRDroneRookie Posted at 4-25 07:01
Maybe not. Before I got my new laptop I was playing some of these sims on a 15 yr old PC. Uncrashed, DRL and FPV Freerider played fine on the old system as long as I turned down the graphics settings. Liftoff , Trypp, and DCL did not play well. Also Steam will refund your purchase within 14 days if the game has been played less than 2 hours in the case your system wont run the game. I can confirm the FPV remote 3 is working on all of those games except DCL.

Also, I have read that Velocidrone has one of the lowest system requirements of all the sims and the FPV pros say it has the most realistic flight physics. I don't have that one so can't confirm if it recognizes the FPV3 controller. Not available on Steam,  website Velocidrone.com.

So many to choose from,   what would you recommend,   I started looking at uncrushed but there Wass so little information about it.
4-26 00:32
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2007070 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 4-26 00:32
So many to choose from,   what would you recommend,   I started looking at uncrushed but there Wass so little information about it.

I like Uncrashed. It will probably play ok on your older system if you turn down the graphics settings. If not you can get it refunded on Steam. Uncrashed

FPV Freerider probably has the lowest system specs but the limited maps are much smaller and the flight physics don't feel as good.

4-26 04:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRDroneRookie Posted at 4-26 04:27
I like Uncrashed. It will probably play ok on your older system if you turn down the graphics settings. If not you can get it refunded on Steam. Uncrashed

FPV Freerider probably has the lowest system specs but the limited maps are much smaller and the flight physics don't feel as good.

Uncrashed looks to be a good one,  I just setup a steam account and will try it shortly.  thanks.
4-26 04:54
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 4-26 04:54
Uncrashed looks to be a good one,  I just setup a steam account and will try it shortly.  thanks.

Uncrashed probably has best looking maps and physics are decent, you can't go wrong with it.

There's also the CurryKitten sim with a simple map but it's pretty good if you just wanna try flying acro and can be downloaded for free from https://github.com/CurryKitten/CurryKitten-Sim or for a very small fee from Steam.
4-26 05:43
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-26 05:43
Uncrashed probably has best looking maps and physics are decent, you can't go wrong with it.

There's also the CurryKitten sim with a simple map but it's pretty good if you just wanna try flying acro and can be downloaded for free from https://github.com/CurryKitten/CurryKitten-Sim or for a very small fee from Steam.

I might try that first then as it's free,    thanks.  fingers crossed it works with the RC3 controller.  
4-26 05:46
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 4-26 05:46
I might try that first then as it's free,    thanks.  fingers crossed it works with the RC3 controller.

I don't have it installed on this machine I'm typing from, but I'm sure it will work since FPVRC3 is recognised as an USB HID game controller. Enjoy.
4-26 05:53
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2007070 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 4-26 05:46

Yes my FPV controller 3 works on Uncrashed. Oh you meant Kurry Kitten. Just downloaded it and tried it. The FPV3 works. Sim seems to work fine for a free offering.
4-26 06:05
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-26 05:53
I don't have it installed on this machine I'm typing from, but I'm sure it will work since FPVRC3 is recognised as an USB HID game controller. Enjoy.

I just checked mine and it shows up as as DJI Joystick

4-26 06:34
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRDroneRookie Posted at 4-26 06:05
Yes my FPV controller 3 works on Uncrashed.

Mine shows up as a Joystick so there is a hood chance for me too.

4-26 06:35
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

USER001 Posted at 4-14 07:18
I don't know anything for iPhone apart from the abandoned Virtual Flight, but I know some good PC ones. You should try CurryKitten, it's supposed to be good.

CurryKitten Sim is available on iOS App Store too btw https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cu ... ulator/id1574195709

You just can't use the RC3 since Apple still only supports Bluetooth game controllers for some reason
4-26 07:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-26 07:13
CurryKitten Sim is available on iOS App Store too btw https://apps.apple.com/us/app/currykitten-fpv-simulator/id1574195709

You just can't use the RC3 since Apple still only supports Bluetooth game controllers for some reason

I download CurryKitten for GitHub and it sees the RC3 fine.  although as a SIM Im not convinced how accurate it is,   I can fly around in Accra mode much better than I can in Virtual Flight,   and I can even take off something which I struggle with on the real Avata 2.  
4-27 01:09
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 4-27 01:09
I download CurryKitten for GitHub and it sees the RC3 fine.  although as a SIM Im not convinced how accurate it is,   I can fly around in Accra mode much better than I can in Virtual Flight,   and I can even take off something which I struggle with on the real Avata 2.

You mean to land on something and then take off without stopping and restarting motors? That's normal, drone will try to bounce because it encounters an obstacle and it tries to correct for it. On custom FPV drones you can turn off "air mode" to do stuff like that, and I don't think any simulators really simulate that. And in general none of the sims will really feel like the real thing, but they're close enough to practice muscle memory.
4-27 01:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-27 01:33
You mean to land on something and then take off without stopping and restarting motors? That's normal, drone will try to bounce because it encounters an obstacle and it tries to correct for it. On custom FPV drones you can turn off "air mode" to do stuff like that, and I don't think any simulators really simulate that. And in general none of the sims will really feel like the real thing, but they're close enough to practice muscle memory.

I meant just take off to start with.    But this one seem really easy to buzz around in,  much easier than virtual flight ever was.  
4-27 01:42
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 4-27 01:42
I meant just take off to start with.    But this one seem really easy to buzz around in,  much easier than virtual flight ever was.

Ah, yeah, lack of real gravity, wind etc. makes it easier for sure, and the simulated drone probably also has several times higher trust to weight ratio than Avatas do
4-27 01:51
Use props
cmk
lvl.1
Poland

Hi. I have no luck connecting the controller to the PC (windows). After connecting via USB cable, the device appears in the device manager as "BULK interface" marked with "?" and "!" symbols. I checked with USB-C > USB-C and USB-A > USB-C - no difference. The device is already activated and flew several times. Are there any drivers that could help?
5-7 07:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cmk Posted at 5-7 07:27
Hi. I have no luck connecting the controller to the PC (windows). After connecting via USB cable, the device appears in the device manager as "BULK interface" marked with "?" and "!" symbols. I checked with USB-C > USB-C and USB-A > USB-C - no difference. The device is already activated and flew several times. Are there any drivers that could help?

Which controller are you trying to connect,  only the FPV remote works not the motion controller.
5-7 22:28
Use props
cmk
lvl.1
Poland

FPV Controller. Just tried on other windows PC, with another USB-C (short one that came with drone) and the same situation...
5-8 09:44
Use props
Ciprian8080
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235033 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_DW8GD0tzuyMz Posted at 4-15 12:22
The goggles 3 do not seem to show as any input device. For liftoff at least, they say that the device needs to display as a hdmi connect to be of any use.
After testing with Linux and windows, this does not seem to be the case.
Furthermore the motion 3 controller seems to just connect to the goggles, connecting it over usb doesn't provide anything useful in its current state and since there's no connection from the goggles, there isnt a way standard way to expose the user input.

Dji FPV Remote controller 3 works with DRL. I only needed to calibrate and choose the inputs. Connected via usb cable to PC.
I'm pretty sure many sims support it.
5-8 11:19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cmk Posted at 5-8 09:44
FPV Controller. Just tried on other windows PC, with another USB-C (short one that came with drone) and the same situation...[view_image]

Just a thought,  have you updated the firmware on the FPV controller.
5-8 21:52
Use props
cmk
lvl.1
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 21:52
Just a thought,  have you updated the firmware on the FPV controller.

yes, all looks up to date -no new updates shows after connecting to the phone -controller version 01.00.01.00
5-9 07:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cmk Posted at 5-9 07:26
yes, all looks up to date -no new updates shows after connecting to the phone -controller version 01.00.01.00

Mine updated when I connected the goggles to the phone with the controller paired and drone on.  
5-9 07:47
Use props
xice37
New

Kuwait

DJI Tony Posted at 4-17 03:15
We apologize for the inconvenience. We will continue submitting your feedback to the related team for evaluation. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Please do. I sold my avata1 and RC2 and bought the new ones only to realize now that I can’t continue training on the Dji Virtual Flight app anymore.
I was doing it on a daily basis trying to learn. And I’m sure not going to risk flying this new one in manual while Imm still not that good at it.

Will be waiting for an update or solve to train using my Ipad. Thank you
5-9 12:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

xice37 Posted at 5-9 12:18
Please do. I sold my avata1 and RC2 and bought the new ones only to realize now that I can’t continue training on the Dji Virtual Flight app anymore.
I was doing it on a daily basis trying to learn. And I’m sure not going to risk flying this new one in manual while Imm still not that good at it.

Hi there. We will submit this to the relevant team to provide them with feedback and evaluate it. Any news or updates will be announced on the DJI official website or in the DJI Forum. Thank you for your patience.
5-11 03:00
Use props
cmk
lvl.1
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 5-9 07:47
Mine updated when I connected the goggles to the phone with the controller paired and drone on.

I managed to get the controller working. I had to install DJI Assistant 2, but in the "Consumer Drones Series" version -not the "DJI FPV series" version. Now it works on USB-C to USB-C cable.
5-15 09:14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cmk Posted at 5-15 09:14
I managed to get the controller working. I had to install DJI Assistant 2, but in the "Consumer Drones Series" version -not the "DJI FPV series" version. Now it works on USB-C to USB-C cable.

I didn’t even need to do that but I’m on Mac.   It’s such a shame the goggles have lost support for video in from a simulator.  

5-15 09:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules