pocket 3 constantly USB disconnect reconnecting
249 14 4-14 17:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpaceGhostC2C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67434 ft
United States

I've set up my pocket 3 as a web cam, if I leave it plugged in and shut off the USB is constany disconecting, reconecting. The battery is charged 100%, I have it on a power bricked USB hub. I have a Action 4 it does not do this, on the same USB bricked usb line. I have isolated the constant usb re conect to the pocket 3 when not in use.
I have restarted the PC, I do not believe any programs are running looking for the pocket3

Its also being called a action4 in device manager..........
4-14 17:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SpaceGhostC2C. Thank you for reaching out. Were you using the cable that came with the Pocket 3? Also, have you tried plugging it in directly to the PC to check if the issue persists? Here are the details on how to use Webcam Mode in Pocket 3:
Power on the device and connect it to the computer using a USB cable. The device will go into USB mode. Tap Webcam to enter the Webcam mode, and the device will function as a webcam input device. The bottom of the screen displays a Webcam. Press the shutter/record button to start recording. Press the Shutter/Record button to start recording. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to change the recording frame rate between 1080P25/30 and 1080P50/60, which correspond to internal recording frame rates of 30fps and 60fps, respectively.

4-14 22:12
Use props
SpaceGhostC2C
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-14 22:12
Hi, SpaceGhostC2C. Thank you for reaching out. Were you using the cable that came with the Pocket 3? Also, have you tried plugging it in directly to the PC to check if the issue persists?Here are the details on how to use Webcam Mode in Pocket 3:
Power on the device and connect it to the computer using a USB cable. The device will go into USB mode. Tap Webcam to enter the Webcam mode, and the device will function as a webcam input device. The bottom of the screen displays a Webcam. Press the shutter/record button to start recording. Press the Shutter/Record button to start recording. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to change the recording frame rate between 1080P25/30 and 1080P50/60, which correspond to internal recording frame rates of 30fps and 60fps, respectively.

I have plugged it in, with just the cord that comes with the pocket 3, if plug it into any computer and do not use it it will constantly reconnect.

If I just want to charge my pocket3 with my USB port of my computer.......It constantly reconnects........using it as a webcam it functions correctly when turned on. I have more than 1 computer it does this on all computers.

My Action 4 does not do this, you can leave it plugged in, off, and it will charge without reconecting constantly
4-15 06:30
Use props
SpaceGhostC2C
lvl.1
United States

its also being called a Action4 in device manager

4-15 06:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SpaceGhostC2C Posted at 4-15 06:30
I have plugged it in, with just the cord that comes with the pocket 3, if plug it into any computer and do not use it it will constantly reconnect.

Thank you for the reply. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll keep you posted.
4-18 07:22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I have that as well    I next time I'll record the  tragidy
4-18 10:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SpaceGhostC2C Posted at 4-15 06:30

Hi, SpaceGhostC2C. Thank you for patiently waiting. Here's an update from our relevant team: From the description, it seems like the charging connects and disconnects. If the Pocket 3 is fully charged, connect to the PC and turn it off, and it will not be charged; When the battery level is below 95%, charging begins.

If it is not like this, or if the issue persists, please share a video showing the issue so we can further analyze it. Please keep us posted.
4-18 23:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 4-18 10:11
I have that as well    I next time I'll record the  tragidy

Hi, Fishycomics. Thank you for reporting this. Please send me the shareable link once you have the video. Thank you.
4-18 23:13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-18 23:13
Hi, Fishycomics. Thank you for reporting this. Please send me the shareable link once you have the video. Thank you.

sure we all love video. I will be showing the video  when I catch it. so then we can have it fixed in the OSMO Pocket 4
4-19 02:42
Use props
SpaceGhostC2C
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-18 23:11
Hi, SpaceGhostC2C. Thank you for patiently waiting. Here's an update from our relevant team: From the description, it seems like the charging connects and disconnects. If the Pocket 3 is fully charged, connect to the PC and turn it off, and it will not be charged; When the battery level is below 95%, charging begins.

If it is not like this, or if the issue persists, please share a video showing the issue so we can further analyze it. Please keep us posted.

I've fully charged the pocket3 before hooking it up and it still persists......it persists on any computer I hook it up too.......fully charged or not

4-19 05:13
Use props
SpaceGhostC2C
lvl.1
United States

the reason I hooked it up to a powered usb hub was the computer couldn't keep up with the power draw and the battery was depleting faster than the USB port from the pc could charge it,...having it hooked up through the powered usb hub it kept up charging......you cant expect us to use the cam as a web cam with that short USB cord DJI supplies .........you gotta think real word uses, not your lab tests.

It also runs very warm running as a web cam
4-19 05:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SpaceGhostC2C Posted at 4-19 05:13
I've fully charged the pocket3 before hooking it up and it still persists......it persists on any computer I hook it up too.......fully charged or not

Thank you for the reply, SpaceGhostC2e. Please record a video of the operation so that we can forward it to our relevant team for further checking.
4-21 20:54
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 4-19 02:42
sure we all love video. I will be showing the video  when I catch it. so then we can have it fixed in the OSMO Pocket 4

Thank you for helping out with this, Fishycomics. Let me know once you have the video. Have a nice day!
4-21 20:55
Use props
SpaceGhostC2C
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-21 20:54
Thank you for the reply, SpaceGhostC2e. Please record a video of the operation so that we can forward it to our relevant team for further checking.

Are you telling me you need a video when you have 2 customers complain about the same issue................they are all doing it.

I've bought DJI products in the last 2 months
Pocket3
3x Osmo Action 4's
and a DJI Air 3
4-22 05:16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SpaceGhostC2C Posted at 4-22 05:16
Are you telling me you need a video when you have 2 customers complain about the same issue................they are all doing it.

I've bought DJI products in the last 2 months

Hi, SpaceGhostC2C. We're sorry for the inconvenience. For the device name issues: Please update the registry information as follows (Make sure to create a Restore point before doing so and ask a professional if you're not compatible doing it):
1. Connect DJI equipment;
2. On the Device Manager, right-click the webcam > Properties > Details;
3. Select "Device Instance Path" and copy the value;
4. Go to the Registry Editor, expand "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", and highlight "SYSTEM";
5. Then search for the previously copied device instance path (CTRL+F, CTRL+V);
6. From the search, the device instance should be highlighted, expand it;
7. Then expand #global” and highlight “Device Parameters”;
8. Then in "FriendlyName", change the name to the desired custom name, which will then be the name displayed in the third-party software.

For the disconnecting issue, please see details below:

① Please confirm whether the Osmo Pocket 3 uses a 1/4“ handle or a battery handle. It is recommended to use a 1/4 handle.
② If yes, please try to directly connect to the USB-C port of the camera body to confirm whether the connection is still unstable. If the connection is still unstable, please provide us with the device LOG and the specific time when the problem occurred for analysis.
③ If the direct connection to the device USB-C port is stable, please check whether the buckles on both sides of the handle are fastened. If the connection is still unstable after reinstalling the handle, please send the accessory and camera back for testing. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support).
4-24 06:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules