In CE region not a very good signal Avata 2
505 20 4-15 05:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

Am flying some days with the Avata 2 now and some things are (upgrading worthly) remarkable .
- With the Avata 2 i don't have a very good and stable signal between my goggles and the drone. If the distance drone->goggle is 300m+ and there is only one tree on the LOS, the signal is dropping to 1 bar... CE REGION... Before, with Avata 1, you got the oppertunity to add a config file to the drone itself, after it there was a little more signal because of FCC boost. Is this still possible now? Because i am little bit scared if you go into a forest, and cruise between trees, the signal could be gone very soon (with a crash as upcoming thing)...

- I noticed that the camera was suddenly hanging to the left while in flight, and it stays there. Looks like a bug in the firmware. It was not possible to get it straight while in flight. Saw more stories on YouTube from guys who got the same issue.

- Got 2 times a black frozen screen on the Goggles while flying, very dangerous because the drone was responding. So, the video was completely gone (also the flight data such as height and so on...). Looks also like little firmware issue.

- The speed in sportmode is just 16 m/s (57 km p/hour) - why is DJI not increasing this to 19 m/s (67 km p/hour) in sport mode with a motion controller? There is potential space for a little upgrade on this with C1 label.
What is the reason behind this limit of 57km? Is the motion controller not responding fast enough? It is a new bluetooth technology which is very fast responding.

Ofcourse am i on the latest firmware from last weekend.

4-15 05:17
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

I have seen at least two reviews where it is confirmed that the FCC hack used with the goggles 2/integra with the Avata 1 also works with the goggles 3 and the Avata 2. One of them is  this:
4-15 06:43
Use props
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123182 ft
Italy

Fozando Posted at 4-15 06:43
I have seen at least two reviews where it is confirmed that the FCC hack used with the goggles 2/integra with the Avata 1 also works with the goggles 3 and the Avata 2. One of them is  this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml6NypRnLu0

unfortunally not in EU
4-15 06:50
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

I thought that it doesn't work for the speed limitation, but for the transmission signal it was also working like in the US
4-15 07:02
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

The FCC hack works fine in the goggles 3 in the UK
4-15 07:27
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Fozando Posted at 4-15 07:02
I thought that it doesn't work for the speed limitation, but for the transmission signal it was also working like in the US

Speed limitations? are you using the FPV Controller 3. In manual mode you should be getting approx 60mph
4-15 07:29
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

Cauffy Posted at 4-15 07:29
Speed limitations? are you using the FPV Controller 3. In manual mode you should be getting approx 60mph

Actually not in EU region. It is limited to 19ms.
4-15 07:32
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

Cauffy Posted at 4-15 07:27

UK = not EU region
4-15 07:33
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

Exactly, in the UK there is no speed limitation to 19m/s (43mph-69km/h). The limitation only applies for the UE member countries.
4-15 07:37
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

Speed 19ms with FPV controller but for MC it is only 16ms.. Why would dji not change this to 19ms also for MC3?.....
Its limited.

But hope there will be a FCC signal strength hack soon, because Ocusync 4 is not that strong as other O4 drones....
4-15 07:42
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

blocker87 Posted at 4-15 07:42
Speed 19ms with FPV controller but for MC it is only 16ms.. Why would dji not change this to 19ms also for MC3?.....
Its limited.

You should make the suggestion to DJI through the forum or though its support teams

I have also created a thread with a poll in order to modify the speed limitations for the Avata 2 in Europe if you are interested to participate: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=310790
4-15 07:49
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which one are you using.  If it’s ham that add channels not power.  
4-15 08:47
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

You should take a look to this:
4-15 12:16
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2380479 ft
  • >>>
India

Fozando Posted at 4-15 12:16
You should take a look to this:

Have a look here

https://forum.dji.com/thread-310765-1-1.html
4-15 22:30
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

SaurabhSrivastava Posted at 4-15 22:30
Have a look here

https://forum.dji.com/thread-310765-1-1.html

I am already following that thread
4-15 22:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. The main factors that affect the image transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. Please check the notes below and see if it will help:
1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.
2. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
3. Check the remote controller/goggles antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.
4. Keep note of tree and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.
5. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers.

For the gimbal issue, please try calibrating it by going to the menu of the goggles: Settings > Control > Gimbal Calibration.

Regarding the black screen issue;
1. Make sure the firmware version of the drone, remote controller, and Goggles is the latest.
2. Please restart all devices and relink the Goggles, remote controller, and drone.
3. Please connect the Goggles to the mobile device via a USB cable to check if there is image transmission in the DJI Fly App.
a.)If yes, please enter the "Settings>About>Reset All" page to reset the Goggles and refresh the firmware.
b.)If not, please Reset Camera Parameters to have a try.
4. If the SD card is inserted into the drone, please remove it and try it again.
After doing the above TS, but it still can not work, please send it back to us for further checking.
Have a great day ahead.
4-17 01:12
Use props
Gimbalair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3491470 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fozando Posted at 4-15 06:43
I have seen at least two reviews where it is confirmed that the FCC hack used with the goggles 2/integra with the Avata 1 also works with the goggles 3 and the Avata 2. One of them is  this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml6NypRnLu0

this only worked on beta releases
4-27 01:37
Use props
Gimbalair
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I took delivery of my Avata2 on Friday 26th April. I updated all components. The signal for the video fedd is very poor. I lost signal, it dropped to red and 12mb behind a small bush 80m away. I expect a far better performance than this. SI I tried it in my house, I have a small house. I sat in the garden and as soon as I reach the front of the house and started flying up the stairs I lost signal again.
4-27 01:39
Use props
Gimbalair
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

you must have had one of the very first releases, it no longer works
4-27 01:42
Use props