Avata 2 - stuck gimbal problem
382 5 4-15 11:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nivrix
lvl.2
Germany

Hi folks,
I have the following problem: When the Avata 2 is switched on and the gimbal is not in the center position, either pointing up or down, and I switch on the drone, the gimbal does not center itself. Instead, it stays in place and makes a buzzing noise. Sometimes the buzzing stops after a few seconds and an error message appears on the display that the gimbal has a problem. I think the error message is "gimbal auto check failed". In the stuck state it cannot be adjusted with the remote control and the gimbal calibration fails.
Only when I push the gimbal with my hand it starts working normally again and the buzzing noise disappears immediately. After that, the gimbal is fully functional.
I bought an Avata 2 right on release and this is my first "finished" drone. Before that I only flew self-built FPV drones. That's why I wanted to ask if you have the same problems with the Avata 2 or even other DJI drones and if it is "normal" that you have to set the gimbal to the center position before you turn on the drone, because then it works without problems.

I tried gimbal calibration several times, with and without SD card inserted into the drone. I also tried it with firmware version V01.00.0100 and V01.00.0200.

I think the video shows it quite well. I plan to replace the Avata 2 in the next few days.

4-15 11:18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know have you returned the device for replacement already?
4-19 04:15
Use props
Mfcormier
lvl.1

United States

If that continues to happen after turning off and removing the battery, I’d return it.
4-25 20:12
Use props
nivrix
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you for the replys. In the meantime I replaced it. The new one is working without a problem and even DJI Care was moved automatically to the new one.

The drone was sent in to DJI and they comfirmed that a gimbal motor needed a replacement. Even though I was sent a new replacement one.
4-26 00:48
Use props
djiuser_tszK16QH6nWC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1439501 ft
Canada

nivrix Posted at 4-26 00:48
Thank you for the replys. In the meantime I replaced it. The new one is working without a problem and even DJI Care was moved automatically to the new one.

The drone was sent in to DJI and they comfirmed that a gimbal motor needed a replacement. Even though I was sent a new replacement one.

If something like that happens, send it in, small kinda thing with my avata1 , I kept trying to make it work and ended up costing me, dji consumer service is spot on, and quick
5-3 05:08
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14044580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nivrix Posted at 4-26 00:48
Thank you for the replys. In the meantime I replaced it. The new one is working without a problem and even DJI Care was moved automatically to the new one.

The drone was sent in to DJI and they comfirmed that a gimbal motor needed a replacement. Even though I was sent a new replacement one.

Cool - and if you have not crashed or caused the damage yourself then ensure that this is a warranty claim for manufacturer defects and not a care refresh claim.
5-3 05:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules