Matrice350 RTK Autolanding and control lost on Unlocking zone.
199 7 4-15 13:02
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ericksson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 443688 ft
Mexico

Hello, I am asking for your help because we have had a strange situation with a recently acquired Matrice350 RTK Drone.
It is necessary to comment that during this first flight we anticipated and updated the firmware of the aircraft, batteries and camera, a linear capture flight was planned at 110 meters high and finally an unlocking area was requested (blue color) on DJI FlySafe since the project was located near an airport.

The unlocking request was confirmed authorized and we had the green light to fly.

Having said this, the situation was that when executing the mission (DJI Pilot 2) and aircraft was flying to the start of the planned  flight the drone crossed the limits of the unlock request in DJI Fly Safe.

The drone began to perform an Auto landing sequence and we lost control of the aircraft, it landed on a public road (fortunately no incidents) and we had to go to the place (we had an approximate distance of 1.5km).

We recovered the drone but I don't feel safe flying it again since what happened simply doesn't make sense to me, several times used M3E & M2S and when planned mission cross any boundary of an unlock request the drone simply stops, send a notice to the RC and await for orders.

Has anyone gone through something similar?

4-15 13:02
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Wasn't there another area behind it?
Restricted (RED) or Altitude (Grey)
4-15 21:13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will try to troubleshoot the issue for you based on the description above. Currently, we are waiting for the answer from our engineers. We will get back to you once there are any updates.
4-21 23:58
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Update:
Please confirm whether the unlocked area covers the range of the mission area.
If so, we need more information for analysis:
1. .kmz file;
2. Abnormal time and its corresponding flight record and aircraft LOG;
3. Details of the unlocked area;
4. Screenshot of version information.
Thank you in advance.
4-24 23:10
Use props
Ericksson
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-24 23:10
Update:
Please confirm whether the unlocked area covers the range of the mission area.
If so, we need more information for analysis:

Hi, thanks for the follow up.
No, the unlocking license does not cover the flight mission/plan.

My pilot did make a mistake and extended the flight mission plan beyond the unlocking license/permit.

I have understood that when a DJI drone cross the limits of a previously requested unlocking zone license or permit a notification will be sent to main RC, thus the drone stops, pause the mission and await for instructions.

But what occurred on our last flight was ....dangerous and not having sense with all that DJI cares about safety.

Our drone Matrice350RTK started to execute an autolanding sequence over a main highway with lots of cars, people and regular traffic. Our skilled pilot was able to put it down on land over a deserted parking lot with no issues, but to be honest, man it was really dangerous...what if the drone landed over a car and scares a person? A traffic accident or collision risks was real and really high.  

That is the our main concern about this issue, so... if a human mistake was made, the drone will be auto landing anyway?

Not notification? Not stoping the Drone?
Just... go unresponsive and lands?

During today ill be posting the requested files links.
Thanks again.
4-29 08:06
Use props
Ericksson
lvl.2
Mexico

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-15 21:13
Wasn't there another area behind it?
Restricted (RED) or Altitude (Grey)

Thanks a lot for responding.
Please excuse me due to the late response and here you have the colour code on this picture:
DJI Safe fly
• Red colour / Restricted zone
• Cyan Colour / Authorization zone
• Gray Volour / Restricted altitude zone

User:
• Blue colour, dotted line / Requested license unlocking
• Yellow colour & line / Mission flight

As the screenshot shows we were flying really near to an airport "Restricted zone", the unlocking license was requested because the flight plan was inside an "Authorization zone".

This is what my investigation results are, after the incident:
• My pilot extendend (whithout my notice) the mission plan, then the plan was started and drone were heading the start point.
• As soon the drone crosses the unlocking zone the auto landing sequence started
• A heavy traffic highway was right under the drone flight/plan.
• The pilot tried to recover the drone with no partial success, only horizontal control was able to take on.
• Drone was directed to land on  parking lot.

4-29 08:55
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Ericksson Posted at 4-29 08:55
Thanks a lot for responding.
Please excuse me due to the late response and here you have the colour code on this picture:
DJI Safe fly

Ok I see the problem. You have made a request for unlocking by polygon (Special unlock).

It's a rather disconcerting feature that I don't use, I always use the entire area unlock. I tried it once, just to see and I don't remember having this disappointment.

Now I suppose that if the drone has sufficient horizontal speed not to brake in time and break the geofence and therefore violate an other cyan airspace, it enters the function which prohibits it from flying. Auto-land!

This is indeed a safety concern, I am sure that DJI Wanda or another mod will address the issue to the people concerned. Not sure if this will be taken into account so soon.
You can also write to enterprise@dji.com and flysafe@dji.com to be sure to connect as many people as possible, because the consequences could indeed have been serious.
4-29 09:16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ericksson Posted at 4-29 08:06
Hi, thanks for the follow up.
No, the unlocking license does not cover the flight mission/plan.

I have understood that when a DJI drone cross the limits of a previously requested unlocking zone license or permit a notification will be sent to main RC, thus the drone stops, pause the mission and await for instructions.

But what occurred on our last flight was ....dangerous and not having sense with all that DJI cares about safety.

Sorry for the late response. According to your description, the drone did not notify you of the landing, right? If so, it is not normal.
Our engineers would like you to send us more information about that.
A video recording, KMZ file, Flight Controller Data.
You don't have to fly to the restricted zone. Just make sure the aircraft has received the uploaded mission.
4-30 00:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules