Avata 2 Disable Return to Home
466 10 4-15 13:20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans81504005
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

Just curious, does anyone know how to disable RTH on  the Avata 2.
4-15 13:20
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can't disable RTH, but you can set it to hover on low battery.  Personally I don't recommend this for new pilots.  You should heed the advice of the drone until you are thoroughly familiar with your drone.  You can always abort the RTH with the press of a button.
4-15 14:37
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Unfortunately, we don't have the option to disable the RTH feature as this is one of the main safety features. However,  RTH can be canceled using the controller. If RTH is canceled following a low battery warning, the Intelligent Flight Battery may not have enough power for the aircraft to land safely, which may lead to the aircraft being crashed or lost. Have a nice day.
4-15 20:34
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-15 20:34
Unfortunately, we don't have the option to disable the RTH feature as this is one of the main safety features. However,  RTH can be canceled using the controller. If RTH is canceled following a low battery warning, the Intelligent Flight Battery may not have enough power for the aircraft to land safely, which may lead to the aircraft being crashed or lost. Have a nice day.

What will happen if I force the drone to stay in the air even when battery is low?
4-16 09:00
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

USER001 Posted at 4-16 09:00
What will happen if I force the drone to stay in the air even when battery is low?

Hello there. Canceling RTH after a low battery warning may cause the aircraft to crash or get lost due to insufficient power for safe landing.

This information is available in the user manual. You can check it using this link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf. Have a great day ahead.
4-17 02:59
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39878160 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today I saw a menu what to do in case of signal loss and there 3 options RTH (default) Stay and land  
4-17 08:13
Use props
Fyrcog
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-15 20:34
Unfortunately, we don't have the option to disable the RTH feature as this is one of the main safety features. However,  RTH can be canceled using the controller. If RTH is canceled following a low battery warning, the Intelligent Flight Battery may not have enough power for the aircraft to land safely, which may lead to the aircraft being crashed or lost. Have a nice day.
But what DJI can do is give a warning before the drone stops mid flight and immediately starts to rise.  Change that to a warning without interrupting the current flight giving the user a chance to make a decision on their next action.  Continue or RTh.  The way it is now is not helpful but disruptive and dangerous.  While flying indoors like many others, mine gave 1 beep, stopped and immediately started to raise up nearly causing a crash.  As a new user of the Avata 2 with goggles on, I was fortunate to have reacted properly.
5-10 17:17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fyrcog Posted at 5-10 17:17
But what DJI can do is give a warning before the drone stops mid flight and immediately starts to rise.  Change that to a warning without interrupting the current flight giving the user a chance to make a decision on their next action.  Continue or RTh.  The way it is now is not helpful but disruptive and dangerous.  While flying indoors like many others, mine gave 1 beep, stopped and immediately started to raise up nearly causing a crash.  As a new user of the Avata 2 with goggles on, I was fortunate to have reacted properly.

Hi, Fyrcog. Sorry about the experience and we appreciate your suggestion.  We will submit this to the relevant team to provide them with feedback and evaluate it. Any news or updates will be announced on the DJI official website or in the DJI Forum. Thank you for your patience.
5-11 03:19
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Fyrcog Posted at 5-10 17:17
But what DJI can do is give a warning before the drone stops mid flight and immediately starts to rise.  Change that to a warning without interrupting the current flight giving the user a chance to make a decision on their next action.  Continue or RTh.  The way it is now is not helpful but disruptive and dangerous.  While flying indoors like many others, mine gave 1 beep, stopped and immediately started to raise up nearly causing a crash.  As a new user of the Avata 2 with goggles on, I was fortunate to have reacted properly.

There should be a 10 second countdown during which you can press lock button on RCM3 or pause button on FPVRC3 once to cancel RTH from being initiated.
5-11 03:50
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-15 14:37
You can't disable RTH, but you can set it to hover on low battery.  Personally I don't recommend this for new pilots.  You should heed the advice of the drone until you are thoroughly familiar with your drone.  You can always abort the RTH with the press of a button.

Low battery will always RTH (in N/S mode, in M you're responsible for returning home yourself). The option to RTH/hover/land is only available for failsafe (when signal is lost).
5-11 03:51
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 5-11 03:51
Low battery will always RTH (in N/S mode, in M you're responsible for returning home yourself). The option to RTH/hover/land is only available for failsafe (when signal is lost).

You are correct.
5-11 08:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules