Mavic 3 Pro feature request
218 4 4-18 05:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MDenis
lvl.2

Hungary

I have some feature ideas and I would like to know if there is a chance that they will be implemented.

Panorama modes are very useful, but limited in terms of usability in the current way. I mean, the drone measures the light then takes the pictures. I can set up an exposure compensation, but in sunny conditions, the dynamic range is less than it should be. I would love to see an additional "mode" to use it.

Here is how it could work. There would be a new option for example "hdr mode", this would be selectable after the user selects "any" panorama mode. Currently, there are the "Auto" and the "Pro" modes, the "Hdr" mode could be selectable here. DJI 02.jpg

It's a very nice feature that the drone merges pictures into jpg panoramas, but I like to do that myself. When I merge pictures into a simple panorama, the exposure time doesn't matter, but when I want to merge a Hdr panorama, the exposures have to match in the little expo series. I'm using Lightroom to merge panoramas/Hdr panorama and it's a problem if I use pictures with 1/250, 1/500, and 1/1000 then in the next 3 pictures I use 1/500, 1/1000, and 1/2000. This has to be consistent. So my idea is that in "Hdr" mode the user would have to select the "base" value for shutter speed before starting to take the pictures.

For example, this would look like in real life. I would select the "Hdr" mode, check the light conditions, I would see that the brightest part requires 1/1000 shutter speed and the darkest part requires 1/250 shutter speed. In this case, I would set a "base" shutter speed, for example, 1/500, the drone would use this value for the middle picture and it would take 3 or 5 pictures. For example: 1/500, 1/800, 1/320, 1/1250, 1/200. These values would be used for every part of the panorama.

I can do this manually, I know, but it's much slower than this could be if the drone would do it automatically and the drone is more precise.

I think this would be very useful for a lot of users who already use the panorama modes. I think this could be useful with all the panorama modes (sphere, 180°, wide-angle, vertical).

These are only available for the main camera (24mm) [except the sphere panorama, which is available for the medium tele camera too].

My other idea is to add panorama options to the medium tele and tele lenses too

Medium tele camera:
- 180°
- wide-angle
- vertical

Tele camera:
- 180°
- wide-angle
- vertical

All of these would be very useful for the other 2 cameras with "Auto", "Pro" and with the "Hdr" mode too.

I'm using a DJI RC remote controller and I have an idea for that too. I have a few projects with waypoints. It would be nice the ability to organize the waypoints into folders. I have a pretty long list now and it would be much more transparent if there would be the option to create folders for different projects.

I think the "Hdr" mode would be useful not only for Mavic 3 Pro users but for all users whose drone has any panorama mode.

4-18 05:46
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
4-18 22:37
Use props
MDenis
lvl.2

Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 22:37
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Thank you!
4-18 22:40
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You are very much welcome, MDenis. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
4-19 22:54
Use props
MDenis
lvl.2

Hungary

I have another idea, but first of all, I have to correct myself at one point. I think panorama mode would be useful with the medium tele and the tele lens too, but 180° would be overkill. In that mode the wide angle lens takes pictures in 7 columns and 3 rows, that concept looks fine. So here is the fixed version:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My other idea is to add panorama options to the medium tele and tele lenses too

Medium tele camera:

- ultra-wide angle: 21 pictures (7 columns, 3 rows) [63 or 105 pictures in "Hdr" mode]
- wide-angle
- vertical

Tele camera:

- ultra-wide angle: 21 pictures (7 columns, 3 rows) [63 or 105 pictures in "Hdr" mode]
- wide-angle
- vertical
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I change the settings in Waypoint mode for each point, there is a slider to change the values (for example: Altitude, Heading etc).

IMG_0374.jpg

I'm struggling to set the value that I want for Heading. I think an additional little keyboard would be great to make users' lives easier here.

73389.jpg

In one of my projects I set up a waypoint where the drone starts it's route from 120 meters and slowly it descent close to the ground. I wanted to decrease the speed consistently, but I'm not sure what would be the best approach in the current system. The "Global speed" setting isn't good here. I can set up multiple points and try to figure out how the drone calculates when it has to decrease the speed, but it seems too complicated. In this case, the global speed caused the video to be way too blurry at the end of the video because of the too high speed and the closeness to the ground. When I used multiple waypoints and changed the speed from 50 km/h to 40 km/h to 30 km/h, first, the drone was flying with 50 then before it reached the next waypoint, somewhere it started to decrease the speed, but it didn't do what I wanted.

I think two new options would give more flexibility for the "Waypoint" mode. "Increasing speed", "Decreasing speed" between two waypoints. Here is an example and a comparison:

Increasing speed: There would be waypoint 1 and waypoint 2, I would set up the "Increasing speed" between these points, 50 and 20 km/h. The route would be 500 m long. The drone would start this 500 m long route with 50 km/h and it would reach the next waypoint with 20 km/h. The speed would decrease consistently.

In the current solution when I use "Custom speed", the drone flies with 50 km/h then at some point decreases the speed to 20 km/h before it reaches the next waypoint.

4-22 23:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules