• >>>
Germany

pvtsailor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 675709 ft

• >>>

Germany

1#

Yesterday I flew my new Avata 2 with the MC3 and the RC3 without problems.
Today, it was not possible to start. The display showed "Compass error" and sometimes "Sensor error". It was not possible to make a Compass calibration. When I started this, I turned and turned since I went dizzy but it never went to step 2.
After restarting the drone it did not show the errors and I could take off. After changing the battery it showed the errors again. Somethings wrong ...

Later I could make an IMU and Compass calibration but the next start it showed the error messsges again. Damn ..

What can I do? Any idea?

4-18 08:35
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, pvtsailor. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. May I please ask if the aircraft experience a hard landing? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending in the unit for proper diagnostics. You may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to start up a ticket case. The warranty can be applied depending on the damage assessment conducted on the unit. Thank you for your understanding.
4-18 22:24
Use props
pvtsailor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 983196 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 22:24
Hi there, pvtsailor. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. May I please ask if the aircraft experience a hard landing? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending in the unit for proper diagnostics. You may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to start up a ticket case. The warranty can be applied depending on the damage assessment conducted on the unit. Thank you for your understanding.

No Paladin, only one flight before that .. one battery with MC3 without problems.
Next day it started directly with this error messages .. no idea.
The only thing: I turned the drone on while standing on the roof of my car.
But for the next try I went far away from this. I dont think that this is/was the reason.
4-19 08:07
Use props
pvtsailor
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 22:24

No Paladin, only one flight before that .. one battery with MC3 without problems.
The only thing: I turned the drone on while standing on the roof of my car.
But for the next try I went far away from this. I dont think that this is/was the reason.
4-19 08:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

pvtsailor Posted at 4-19 08:07
No Paladin, only one flight before that .. one battery with MC3 without problems.
The only thing: I turned the drone on while standing on the roof of my car.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and try to refresh the current firmware to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
4-20 23:17
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you ever power on the drone & receive a compass error warning, power off, relocate the drone, then power on again.  The problem is usually you are near something that is affecting the compass like a car, a steel structure, rebar in concrete, or even the steel structure beneath a pier.  There is no need to instantly perform a calibration.  In fact that can actually cause an issue if you lift off & exit the zone of the interference.
4-21 05:14
Use props
pvtsailor
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks for your tips.
I updated the firmware using the DJI Assistant. While on vacation, I started the drone without any error messages and flew it. Unfortunately, the connection was lost, the image froze and the drone apparently crashed.
I couldn't find it anymore because it was lying on the edge of a vertical cliff about 200 meters high.

I have already submitted a goodwill claim and hope that I can get the drone replaced.
4-26 12:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules