Concern Question: DJI RC 2 (v02.02.0000) sluggish boot performance
481 15 4-18 09:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QSmally
lvl.2
Flight distance : 463264 ft
Netherlands

I'm sure that a lot of people have raised this concern already, but more the merrier.

Firmware:
  • DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware: v02.02.0000
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.13.0

It takes such a long time to boot the controller compared to the previous firmware version.
Clicking 'go fly' feels sluggish and it takes a while for the UI elements to show after the camera's view is present, even resulting in getting a 'DJI Fly isn't responding' message from the OS.
https://imgur.com/a/YRdDsSj

4-18 09:32
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

And a host of other issues....
4-18 20:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, QSmally. Thank you for reaching out. Are you having the same issue with your posted video on this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=309402 or is the problem indicated on the thread getting worse? If yes, please upload another video showing the issue for further investigation. Please keep us posted.
4-18 22:16
Use props
QSmally
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 22:16
Hi there, QSmally. Thank you for reaching out. Are you having the same issue with your posted video on this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=309402 or is the problem indicated on the thread getting worse? If yes, please upload another video showing the issue for further investigation. Please keep us posted.

It's a different issue that's been active since the update of DJI Fly v1.13.0.
By booting the device/starting up, DJI Fly is slower than previous versions, before returning to normal performance after like two minutes.
I'm suspecting/sure something suspicious is happening in the background on start-up of DJI Fly.

See the video where I show two examples, and sometimes even the 'DJI Fly isn't responding' message pops up.

If it's "in the acceptable window" and "fine to use", that's not the point I'm trying to convey.
I'm raising a concern that this is a large difference compared to before doing the recent firmware update and - honestly - kind of an annoying delay.
4-19 01:39
Use props
djiuser_YmIsvIIewCiF
New
Flight distance : 291877 ft
Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 22:16
Hi there, QSmally. Thank you for reaching out. Are you having the same issue with your posted video on this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=309402 or is the problem indicated on the thread getting worse? If yes, please upload another video showing the issue for further investigation. Please keep us posted.

Hey Paladin! I have the same issue on my M4Pro. The RC2 were sluggish on some point during boot up. Sometimes “DJI FLY APP CRASH” message appears and there’s an option to “WAIT” or “EXIT”. It happens after the latest update about a couple days ago.

It also shows P MODE instead of N MODE. And during flight there are times that during video recording it keeps on lagging for a mili seconds it is very noticeable. Please help. Thanks
4-19 14:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

QSmally Posted at 4-19 01:39
By booting the device/starting up, DJI Fly is slower than previous versions, before returning to normal performance after like two minutes.
I'm suspecting/sure something suspicious is happening in the background on start-up of DJI Fly.

Thank you for keeping us posted, QSmally. Can you please try to connect the remote controller to the DJI Assistant 2 software and try to refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted so we can proceed with the investigation. We appreciate your understanding.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
4-19 20:09
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_YmIsvIIewCiF Posted at 4-19 14:30
Hey Paladin! I have the same issue on my M4Pro. The RC2 were sluggish on some point during boot up. Sometimes “DJI FLY APP CRASH” message appears and there’s an option to “WAIT” or “EXIT”. It happens after the latest update about a couple days ago.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Kindly install the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer then refresh the firmware of your remote controller to further isolate the issue. In addition, the flight mode change is normal, P mode (Position) = N mode (Normal), this is just a different flight mode description, and this will not affect the actual flight, feel free to use it. Please keep us posted.
4-19 20:11
Use props
djiuser_YmIsvIIewCiF
New
Flight distance : 291877 ft
Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-19 20:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Kindly install the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer then refresh the firmware of your remote controller to further isolate the issue. In addition, the flight mode change is normal, P mode (Position) = N mode (Normal), this is just a different flight mode description, and this will not affect the actual flight, feel free to use it. Please keep us posted.

Where can i download the DJI assistant 2 software? Thanks
4-20 00:48
Use props
QSmally
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-19 20:09
Thank you for keeping us posted, QSmally. Can you please try to connect the remote controller to the DJI Assistant 2 software and try to refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted so we can proceed with the investigation. We appreciate your understanding.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Ty for the reply. I refreshed the firmware and the slow start-up issue seems to have improved (it may be better than *before* the new firmware version, but my judgement is clouded currently). I haven't been able to test it that much so I'm not sure if the 'DJI Fly is not responding' issue still persisted.
edit after 2 hours: there's still a large drop in performance on start-up of DJI Fly. Unlike before, there's a grey/black screen before entering the camera view. I tried auto-entering camera view both off and on. If off, the button feedback (sound, animation) lags behind. Entering the '...' menu after the camera view opens is initially also slow compared to the previous app version.
4-20 01:07
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

QSmally Posted at 4-19 01:39
I'm suspecting/sure something suspicious is happening in the background on start-up of DJI Fly.

That's terribly slow compared to mine, I did not update
4-20 12:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_YmIsvIIewCiF Posted at 4-20 00:48
Where can i download the DJI assistant 2 software? Thanks

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. You may download the software using this link https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series .
4-20 22:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

QSmally Posted at 4-20 01:07
Ty for the reply. I refreshed the firmware and the slow start-up issue seems to have improved (it may be better than *before* the new firmware version, but my judgement is clouded currently). I haven't been able to test it that much so I'm not sure if the 'DJI Fly is not responding' issue still persisted.
edit after 2 hours: there's still a large drop in performance on start-up of DJI Fly. Unlike before, there's a grey/black screen before entering the camera view. I tried auto-entering camera view both off and on. If off, the button feedback (sound, animation) lags behind. Entering the '...' menu after the camera view opens is initially also slow compared to the previous app version.

Thank you for keeping us posted, QSmally. We will coordinate this with the relevant team for further clarification. We appreciate your patience.
4-20 22:59
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. After further review, it is found that this is a normal phenomenon. Rest assured that we will take note of this feedback and we will surely optimize this issue in the future. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-24 20:48
Use props
QSmally
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-24 20:48
Thank you for patiently waiting. After further review, it is found that this is a normal phenomenon. Rest assured that we will take note of this feedback and we will surely optimize this issue in the future. We appreciate your understanding and support.

It may be a normal occurrence (= happening a lot) since the firmware version, though like I said earlier, it doesn't quite justify that it's still an issue (= being a bad change). Even content creators like DM Productions have made videos about this problem. I hope that this bug report gets addressed soon.

Video I talked about:
4-25 11:23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

QSmally Posted at 4-25 11:23
It may be a normal occurrence (= happening a lot) since the firmware version, though like I said earlier, it doesn't quite justify that it's still an issue (= being a bad change). Even content creators like DM Productions have made videos about this problem. I hope that this bug report gets addressed soon.

Video I talked about: https://youtu.be/JVAKN-yMbPI

Thank you for your response, QSmally. Our team is now aware of this issue and we will optimize this in future updates. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-26 19:47
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Refresh does nothing.  This is a controller issue not the drone. I updated the controller before the drone and had all the issues with the old drone firmware and the new controller firmware.  
4-28 10:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules