Half the screen is a different colour?
224 13 4-18 10:41
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dc99dc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15732 ft
Ireland

Hi I have just purchased a Pocket 3 about 4 weeks ago and went out last week end to take video.

When i got home a lot of the video had half the screen a different colour.

This colour change can move across the screen as I'm paning as well.

It also flickers along the edge in a pixelated manner some times. This issue does not seem to manifest in all of the footage i have taken.

I cannot see the issue on the built in screen (but that could be cause its so small the screen).

I have been onto DJI assistance throught the MIMO app - but trying to have a conversation via text on a phone is not really great. They were trying to help though.

They did tell me to reset the camera to defaults, which i had alrady done - but did it again anyway.

They were also asking me what sd card i was using (As you may be aware they don't supply a card with the pocket 3) I believe i am using a good card its a Samsung 128GB EVO it is an A2 V30  and has the 1 inside a U. Advertised as 4K compatable.

I did try a card I had already which was not marked as a A2 V30 and anyway the Pocket 3 told me the card was not fast enough (so the camera must be able to tell if its up to the job).

On the footage it seems to have the issue the sky is cloudy but bright (as seen in this attached picture (I hope it's attached anyway).

I have search this DJI forum and see similar issues fo rthe Osmo Action 4 camera??

I haven't had a chance to try the camera since as i've bene traveling for work.

But has anyone else had this issue with a pocket 3?

Anyone any more experience with this on a Pocket 3? I need to be able to trust that the camera will take video without this issue....

Half screen colour issue

Half screen colour  issue
4-18 10:41
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

This can happen if you do not have the Windows HEVC extensions installed and/or are shooting in HEVC 265 10bit and using Davinci Resolve free version.
4-18 10:58
Use props
snoopx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

See  here
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=&page=1
4-18 11:00
Use props
dc99dc
lvl.1
Ireland

smbishop Posted at 4-18 10:58
This can happen if you do not have the Windows HEVC extensions installed and/or are shooting in HEVC 265 10bit and using Davinci Resolve free version.

Hi,
I do have the HEVC extension installed - that was the first thing that i saw was needed when I plugged in the pocket 3 to play video. I remember getting it cause Microsoft wanted 99c for it...

the screen shot i took was the video in Microsoft Media Player. (not playback in or after post in DaVinci).

I do use the free version of DaVinci - but this issue does not manifest in all of my clips??? (In media player or devinci).
4-18 11:19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

see if this happens while using it as a webcam to rule out the actual device
4-18 11:35
Use props
dc99dc
lvl.1
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 4-18 11:35
see if this happens while using it as a webcam to rule out the actual device

Hi, No I'm not using it as a web cam.

The other posts on the above link suggests it is to do with 10bit playback or editing in DR?

But I get the same issue when playing the affected clips in Windows Media Player - and i do have the HEVC extension downloaded and paid for (0.99c LOL)
4-18 11:45
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

See if it happens in webcam mode or other  modes good luck
4-18 12:22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. The free edition of DaVinci Resolve is not fully compatible with 10-bit videos, resulting in the color display issue. We suggest switching to DaVinci Resolve Studio or try Adobe Premiere Pro as it is also compatible with 10-bit videos. Hope this helps.
4-18 21:11
Use props
dc99dc
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 21:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. The free edition of DaVinci Resolve is not fully compatible with 10-bit videos, resulting in the color display issue. We suggest switching to DaVinci Resolve Studio or try Adobe Premiere Pro as it is also compatible with 10-bit videos. Hope this helps.

Hi,
I see other posters are saying this about DR- BUT my issue manifests with just playing the clips with Microsoft media player?

It does NOT manifest with every video clip either?

I have installed the HEVC extension from Microsoft (first time i tried to play a video from pocket 3 it wouldn’t play and told me i needed to install that extension, so i did).

Surely it would affect every clip and not just some of them?

Is DR working on a fix for this 10 bit  playback issue?
If i render and export the video does the issue still remain or do i get a “clean” final output video?

Thanks
4-18 22:05
Use props
dc99dc
lvl.1
Ireland

Follow up - so further research…apparently DR studio (the paid version) has an internal HEVC extension, but the free version does not.
The Microsoft one does not work for me and i am reading that the DR free version uses what ever HEVC extension is in the operating system…i.e. the one that is not working for me.

So it looks like the only options i have is to purchase the full version of DR or not shoot in D LogM…

Bummer
4-19 04:58
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can run that footage through handbrake to get it back to h264 to save something from it but you'll loose some of the data in the files so grading will not give you the optimum result.  
4-19 04:59
Use props
dc99dc
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi,

Thanks - luckily none of the footage i have is that valuable - as I’m in test mode at the moment. Just trying it out and getting familiar with the camera.

I am hugely dissapointed in this issue occurring and it seems to be one that is falling between two stools. Not a DJI problem and not a DR problem. The issue does seem to be a Microsoft issue - but probably not big enough for them to care…

4-19 05:03
Use props
djiuser_smAStwBlxMpT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I found exactly the same using Da Vinci Resolve Free. I did a quick test in the garden using D-log M, and all appeared good. I went out all day and my first clip was exactly the same as yours, followed by all sorts of weirdness on following clips. I did upgrade to the Studio version (partially panic and partially as I wanted it!) and it now all works fine. I'm £300 down but to justify the cost I need to learn the programme!
4-19 07:18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dc99dc Posted at 4-18 22:05
Hi,
I see other posters are saying this about DR- BUT my issue manifests with just playing the clips with Microsoft media player?

Thank you for your response. The main reason for this is due to the free edition of DaVinci Resolve is not fully compatible with 10-bit videos, resulting in the color display issue. Also, we don't have any information if DR is working on a solution but the solution is to switch to DaVinci Resolve Studio or use Adobo Premiere Pro.
4-19 22:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules