176 5 4-19 08:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know it is meaningless, but what hapened to the Forum "level" rankings semi-recently (I have no idea when, just noticed today) that changed user's ranks? I noticed that my own and several friends (presumably everyones?) ranks changed dramatically (I went from "Captain" to "Second Officer"). I don't remember seeing any announcment or discussion of these changes.

As I said, the ranks are unimportant and meaningless, but I am still interested in why and how they were reassigned.
4-19 08:50
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding the level issue, please note that the DJI Forum Level and Posting Threshold have recently been adjusted. You can find further details in this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=310519. Thank you.
4-19 16:55
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-19 16:55
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding the level issue, please note that the DJI Forum Level and Posting Threshold have recently been adjusted. You can find further details in this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=310519. Thank you.

Thank you for the explanation, @DJI Thor.

I'd have to agree with the majority of the responses in the thread you linked- "demoting" your well-established, loyal, and most experienced forum users is an exceedingly ham-handed way to deal with the problem of spammers. In fact, I can't see how it helps at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. Any benefits are surely far outweighed by the negative effects.
4-21 08:50
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

patiam Posted at 4-21 08:50
Thank you for the explanation, @DJI Thor.

I'd have to agree with the majority of the responses in the thread you linked- "demoting" your well-established, loyal, and most experienced forum users is an exceedingly ham-handed way to deal with the problem of spammers. In fact, I can't see how it helps at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. Any benefits are surely far outweighed by the negative effects.

Regarding the recent modifications in point criteria for new users, we have to address the continued problem of fraudulent and spamming posts on the DJI forum. As a global community, we face issues in standardizing the definitions of spam and harassment due to differing norms and regulations around the world. To reduce the impact of these difficulties and prevent forum misuse, we have temporarily lowered the posting thresholds for new users.

However, we must highlight that we cordially invite all new users to join the community by sharing their work, product experiences, and any issues they may face. To aid this, we've devised a rapid posting mechanism for new users. I'll help to communicate your thoughts and feedback our team. Many thanks to your patience.  
4-21 13:25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Diana- please explain to me how demoting veteran forum members with hundreds of legitimate, helpful posts does anything whatsoever to decrease the chronic problem of fraudulent spam posting on this forum. It makes no sense.
4-21 16:19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

patiam Posted at 4-21 16:19
@DJI Diana- please explain to me how demoting veteran forum members with hundreds of legitimate, helpful posts does anything whatsoever to decrease te chronic problem of fraudulent spam posting on this forum. It makes no sense.

Hi there, please be assured that these modifications will not significantly affect the permissions associated with each level. But we will also note down your feedback. Thanks for your understanding.
4-21 22:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules