Pocket 3 - Smoother/slower re-centering?
170 4 4-19 08:53
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tripecac
lvl.2

New Zealand

Re-centering the Pocket 3 (by double-clicking the joystick) is very quick, and can be jarring if done in the middle of a clip.

Is there a way to control the speed of re-centering?  I would like it a *lot* slower.

Example use case:

I'm filming a walk in Tilt Lock mode, which always focuses directly ahead.  When I need to pan left or right, I simply rotate the entire camera, which is fine.  

I see a tall tree and want to show the top of it, so I use the joystick to manually pan up slowly, still filming.  

After a few seconds, I pan back down slowly, but when I stop, it seems a little too low, or a llittle to the left or right, so instead of making a bunch of minute adjustments, I double-click to re-center it in one action.  

ZIP!  It recenters, very quickly.  It's great that it did it in one transition, but it is WAY too fast and looks very awkward in the final footage.

If there were a way to do a slow re-centering, then I wouldn't even need to pan back down manually; after showing the top of the tree, I could simply double-click to smoothly return to "straight ahead" orientation, without any need for manual control.

Anyone else having the same issue?  And is there a "fix" or do we need to contact DJI about it?

4-19 08:53
Use props
Keylong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229101 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I'm in favor
4-19 13:55
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
4-19 23:14
Use props
Arki
lvl.2
Poland

I also think the centering is too aggressive. I understand that when we want to center the image right after turning on the camera, it can be quick, but when filming it is annoying. The Easy in - Easy out effect would also be useful. Maybe add an option in the settings that determines the centering speed. Just like it is possible to set the zoom speed.
4-20 01:05
Use props
JE Rome
lvl.4
United States

Great idea.
4-20 10:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules