165 5 4-22 02:34
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerosnapper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8216598 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have ensured all firmware up to date - checked SD cards for ExFAT and made sure that the Avata 2 is activated.  It flies with the MC2 and responds in every way, but the only On-Screen display I have seen is the initial Diopter adjustment display.  Nothing I do to the 5-way button makes any difference.  BTW - the laser pointer from the MC2 shows, but has no effect and no menus to select from.  All three elements show up in Fly on my iPhone.  And yes, I have checked updates are current and re-loaded them from Assistant 2.  
4-22 02:34
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2007070 ft
Canada

Hi Aerosnapper.

Sounds like you have the same issue I experienced with my new goggles3. I had no menus or telemetry and the 5D, back buttons and AR cursor did nothing. I didn't try starting the drone as I didn't feel comfortable without settings and telemetry so I don't know if it operated and flew properly. See this forum thread

Tech support was not able to offer a solution. I have sent the entire flymore kit back for replacement. Disappointing start, hoping the replacement has no issues.

Good luck with yours.
4-22 03:44
Use props
Aerosnapper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8216598 ft
  • >>>
Canada

MRDroneRookie Posted at 4-22 03:44
Hi Aerosnapper.

Sounds like you have the same issue I experienced with my new goggles3. I had no menus or telemetry and the 5D, back buttons and AR cursor did nothing. I didn't try try starting the drone as I didn't feel comfortable without settings and telemetry so I don't know if it operated and flew properly. See this forum thread

Thanks - how did you resolve the issue - or is it a return matter - which would be hugely disappointing ! I’m hoping that someone from DJI will speak up - the online chat was useless
4-22 03:50
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2007070 ft
Canada

Aerosnapper Posted at 4-22 03:50
Thanks - how did you resolve the issue - or is it a return matter - which would be hugely disappointing ! I’m hoping that someone from DJI will speak up - the online chat was useless

Yes unfortunately it is a return issue unless you have better luck than I did with some kind of solution forthcoming from DJI. I agree its hugely disappointing after ordering the kit on the 11th i am now waiting at least a week, probably two for the package to be sent down to DJI service center in Fort Worth Texas and the replacement sent back.

I agree with you that the support staff although courteous, were useless in providing direction on how to proceed. The first guy told me I had to wait 24hrs before my case could be escalated. The next person told me that they escalated my case and I needed to wait 24 to 48 hours for a reply from their engineers. Then tech support was also useless as the first guy that replied in an email sent me a link to the user manual.

Now that we see this is not an isolataded issue with my unit, hopefully DJI comes up with a solution quickly as it seems likeley there will be more of the same problem popping up.

4-22 04:16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Aerosnapper. Thank you for reaching out and providing the details. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. We'll keep you posted.
4-23 00:09
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Aerosnapper. Please check my DM regarding the topic we discussed. Thank you.
4-25 06:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules