458 21 4-22 06:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
risodongooglemail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 722087 ft
Denmark

Hi,

I just got my new power bank (Anker Prime 20000). When I try to charge the Avata 2 Two-Way charging hub via USB-C , the power bank and changing hub go into an infinite chage negotiation loop. Via Usb-A it works, but is very slow (max 10W). Any other device I have charges flawlessly (even other power banks with USB-C PD)

@DJIrep: Is there a way to switch off the charge function of the Two-Way charging hub or is there a firmware update planned, that can resolve this isssue?
Edit: Forgot to add: When a battery is in the Avata2 and I connect the power bank to it, the Avata 2 battery charges without problems with ca. 60W.

4-22 06:09
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2007070 ft
Canada

Thanks for pointing out this issue. Looks like both of the USB C ports on your power bank are in/out. As the port on the charging hub is also in/out I'm not sure if DJI can come up with a solution to this issue. I have 1 power bank that also has both USB C ports that are in/out. I cant test it right now because I had to send my Avata 2 kit back for replacement. I have two other power banks that have 2 USB C ports but with only one of them in/out and the other out only so those should work ok. That would be disappointing if now one of my power banks is useless for charging the Avata 2 at high speed.
4-22 06:35
Use props
risodongooglemail.com
lvl.2
Denmark

I tried two more USB PD Power banks. The Two-Way charging hub will always act as secondary device and charge the connected device during a charge negotiation. So charding with a PD power bank (I think that would mean over 30W) is impossible until DJI comes out with a firmware update for the charging hub.
4-22 09:20
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Canada

risodongooglemail.com Posted at 4-22 09:20
I tried two more USB PD Power banks. The Two-Way charging hub will always act as secondary device and charge the connected device during a charge negotiation. So charding with a PD power bank (I think that would mean over 30W) is impossible until DJI comes out with a firmware update for the charging hub.

I just checked my two power banks that have one "out only" C port and those only provide max 20W. It is only the in/out C port that provides 65W. Very disappointing. My other Power bank provides 100W from one port and 65W from the other but they are both in/out. I just checked on Amazon and all of the power banks I could find taht had out only USB-C ports were providing low power ton that port and only the in/out ports provided higher wattage. The only choice that would work at this time seems to be the larger 110V power stations that you could plug in your wall charger into. Not confident that DJI would provide a fix for this issue any time soon.
4-22 10:12
Use props
RoLa
lvl.2
Denmark

MRDroneRookie Posted at 4-22 10:12
I just checked my two power banks that have one "out only" C port and those only provide max 20W. It is only the in/out C port that provides 65W. Very disappointing. My other Power bank provides 100W from one port and 65W from the other but they are both in/out.

Thanks for checking. I'll try a Ugreen power bank soon (with an "out only" USB-C port). But I fear that will also only provide USB-A charging speeds (non PD).

Would love to hear from DJI if they plan to fix this, or if we need to live with that.
Edit: Missread and thought you checked your power banks with the charging hub. Forgot you don't have it at hand
4-22 10:19
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Canada

RoLa Posted at 4-22 10:19
Thanks for checking. I'll try a Ugreen power bank soon (with an "out only" USB-C port). But I fear that will also only provide USB-A charging speeds (non PD).

Would love to hear from DJI if they plan to fix this, or if we need to live with that.

I Might end up getting one of  These power stationsThat unit should have enough juice in it to charge close to ten Avata batteries. But not as convenient to carry as the smaller power banks. They probably make something like that in 230V as well. They probably make them in 230V as well.
4-22 10:32
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

This really isn't a "bug" per se, but rather a power bank that is not capable of offering both power and/or charging abilities via the same USB-C port. I have several of these and they can provide charge to my battery hubs as well as be used to fast charge the power bank itself. Not all power banks are created equal. Why the Mophie XL understands that it is the charger and not to be charged, I can't tell you. Maybe that's why they aren't cheap? I don't know.
4-22 10:42
Use props
RoLa
lvl.2
Japan

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-22 10:42
This really isn't a "bug" per se, but rather a power bank that is not capable of offering both power and/or charging abilities via the same USB-C port. I have several of these and they can provide charge to my battery hubs as well as be used to fast charge the power bank itself. Not all power banks are created equal. Why the Mophie XL understands that it is the charger and not to be charged, I can't tell you. Maybe that's why they aren't cheap? I don't know.

Interesting. Did you try with the Avata 2 changing hub or another one? Because all other DJI charging hubs I own have a dedicated (in) and (out) port. The Avata 2 charging hub is the only one with (in/out)
4-22 10:57
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.3
Flight distance : 44944 ft
Germany

RoLa Posted at 4-22 10:57
Interesting. Did you try with the Avata 2 changing hub or another one? Because all other DJI charging hubs I own have a dedicated (in) and (out) port. The Avata 2 charging hub is the only one with (in/out)
Air 3 Charging Hub also has only one common In/Out USB-C
The behaviour is the same, the charging hub always charges external power bank.
4-22 12:13
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Canada

=DUH= Posted at 4-22 12:13
Air 3 Charging Hub also has only one common In/Out USB-C
The behaviour is the same, the charging hub always charges external power bank.

Thanks for confirming. If that is the case I doubt DJI is going to change anything if they even could through software. Looks like my power banks are only now good for charging mi mini's and Avata 1
4-22 12:42
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

RoLa Posted at 4-22 10:57
Interesting. Did you try with the Avata 2 changing hub or another one? Because all other DJI charging hubs I own have a dedicated (in) and (out) port. The Avata 2 charging hub is the only one with (in/out)

Yes, I use them with all my birds, most recently the Air 3, Mini 4 Pro and Avata 2.
4-23 06:24
Use props
RoLa
lvl.2
Denmark

Ok.
New update:
ALL Anker PD chargers will not properly charge the Avata 2 charging hub (and also some no name ones).
BUT I just tested a UGreen one and it's charging with 60W. ( ˶ˆᗜˆ˵ )

Still DJI: Could you please add a "longpress to enable powersink"? The times when I'd want to use my super expensive drone batteries to charge my phone are quite rare.
4-26 06:51
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, risodongooglemail.com. Thank you for reaching out. When using a power bank (including outdoor power banks) to charge the charging hub, please do not use a dual-connector cable to connect the power bank and the charging hub. This will cause the charging hub to charge the power bank in reverse. You can use a USB-A cable on one end and a type-c data cable on the other end for charging.
4-26 06:52
Use props
RoLa
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-26 06:52
Hi, risodongooglemail.com. Thank you for reaching out. When using a power bank (including outdoor power banks) to charge the charging hub, please do not use a dual-connector cable to connect the power bank and the charging hub. This will cause the charging hub to charge the power bank in reverse. You can use a USB-A cable on one end and a type-c data cable on the other end for charging.

That's not great advise. When using USB-A, it takes about 1,5h to fully charge a single Avata 2 battery. With 60W PD charging, I can charge a battery in ca.30min...

DJI just need to add a function to put the charging hub in "power sink" mode. Or make it the default mode and make us do a triple press, if we want it to act as charging hub (long press is already taken, forgot that in my last post)
4-26 07:34
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Canada

RoLa Posted at 4-26 07:34
That's not great advise. When using USB-A, it takes about 1,5h to fully charge a single Avata 2 battery. With 60W PD charging, I can charge a battery in ca.30min...

DJI just need to add a function to put the charging hub in "power sink" mode. Or make it the default mode and make us do a triple press, if we want it to act as charging hub (long press is already taken, forgot that in my last post)

Agreed. Can't test the Avata 2 hub as I have not yet received my replacement but every other DJI device I own will not charge faster than 10W from a USB-A port no matter which power bank or wall charger I use even if the charger is rated to 15 or 18W QC from the A port. 10W charging makes it rather pointless to do in the field unless its an overnight trip. On a day outing you are probably better off to drive home  charge at 65W and head back out.
4-26 09:46
Use props
djiuser_W2xfMPCoShC1
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

I'm facing the same issue here.
4-27 08:26
Use props
djiuser_W2xfMPCoShC1
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Update:
I've finally found a powerbank that works, I don't know why and how but it seems it does. I've been trying different powerbanks over the past week.
The Working powerbank is Baseus BS-30KP365 30,000 mAh (be careful taking this with you on a plane) it's 114wh

From what I've tested, you need a powerbank with a PD3.0 65W capable, best if it's output only, but I couldn't find that, with this powerbank this port is in/out, but it works, it's giving 20v, 2.8A

best

4-28 03:02
Use props
GaS-1911
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74816 ft
Switzerland

i have the exact same problem with my usams 80'0000mah powerbank :/
the usb-c port is in/out and gives max 100w
4-28 06:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RoLa Posted at 4-26 07:34

Hi, RoLa. There are currently no relevant update plans. But I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
4-29 05:45
Use props
Fpvskip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52772 ft
United States

RoLa Posted at 4-26 06:51
Ok.
New update:
ALL Anker PD chargers will not properly charge the Avata 2 charging hub (and also some no name ones).

RoLa, I have respectfully to disagree here.
The bigger Anker power banks like the 737, the Prime 200 and the Prime 250 are charging the Avata-2 charging hub just fine.
The trick is that you are supposed to use the proper USB-C connector.
In case of the Anker 737 power bank that is the lower USB-C. It will charge the Avata hub with about 60 watts.
The upper USB-C is used to charge the power bank itself.
And to further clarify her. Both, the upper and the lower USB-C outlets can charge any appropriate battery . . . but the Avata-2 charging hub is a 2-way charger. That changes the whole scenario.
When you connect the Avata-2 charging hub to the Anker power bank via the upper USB-C then it will charge the power bank from the Avata batteries. Just look carefully at the built-in screen.
4-29 08:22
Use props
GaS-1911
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74816 ft
Switzerland

many powerbanks have usb-c ports that are the same time input and output
4-29 08:35
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.3
Flight distance : 44944 ft
Germany

I can confirm the Anker 737 works with Air 3 and Avata 2 charging hubs. The newer Anker Prime models not.
The 737 powerbank has an USB-C In/Out and a second USB-C Out only, while both USB-C can provide maximum power.
Most other Powerbanks with dedicated USB-C Out are often limited on this port so you cannot charge with 65W.
5-7 07:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules