Awakening Woodland, Sunshine and Spring Flowers , Top Lodge Woods
135 28 4-22 20:40
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2650046 ft
United Kingdom

A sunny day at our friend's woodland, the bluebells and other flowers were blooming - the woodland awakening from its winter slumber as Spring takes full hold and the weather improves... The birds are singing and all feels right with the world...

A short nature-filled flight with the AVATA and some practice with the DJI Pocket3, and perhaps a bit of a chill-out feel to the video...

4-22 20:40
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

No problems with wind down there... Nice spot.
4-22 21:26
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-22 21:26
No problems with wind down there... Nice spot.

Thanks, yup, it was a lovely spot to sit and fly, a little breeze above the trees, but can't have everything
4-22 21:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely work.   I took the avata 2 for a flight with the blue bells last week.  Great fun and relaxing.
4-22 23:09
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-22 23:09
Lovely work.   I took the avata 2 for a flight with the blue bells last week.  Great fun and relaxing.

Thanks... Congrats on the AVATA2, I am lusting after one, but have promised no more spending on tech until next year - I have had 2 drones, a new computer, external HD and a Pocket3 Creator Kit in the last 6 months, so time for hubby to have some spends...
4-22 23:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 4-22 23:48
Thanks... Congrats on the AVATA2, I am lusting after one, but have promised no more spending on tech until next year - I have had 2 drones, a new computer, external HD and a Pocket3 Creator Kit in the last 6 months, so time for hubby to have some spends...

My Avata 2 was effectively free so I dont feel bad about it,  thanks to Argos and Nectar. .   From what Ive seen I dont think the upgrade from the original avata is worth while unless you are in EU and need that C label.
4-22 23:50
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-22 23:50
My Avata 2 was effectively free so I dont feel bad about it,  thanks to Argos and Nectar. .   From what Ive seen I dont think the upgrade from the original avata is worth while unless you are in EU and need that C label.

Coolio, thanks for the viewpoint on it... I like a few of the newer features, but also have heard some stories about the strength of some components, perhaps it will be the AVATA 3 I go for next, depending on when its released... would be nice to have 2 FPV to both fly together with though...
4-22 23:52
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 4-22 23:52
Coolio, thanks for the viewpoint on it... I like a few of the newer features, but also have heard some stories about the strength of some components, perhaps it will be the AVATA 3 I go for next, depending on when its released... would be nice to have 2 FPV to both fly together with though...

Now if hubby wanted the Avata then that would be a good excuse for an upgrade.  
4-23 00:10
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 00:10
Now if hubby wanted the Avata then that would be a good excuse for an upgrade.

Yeah, I had him flying the AVATA 1 at the weekend, he is getting there, but finds the experience a little disorientating, so.... But we shall see what the future holds..
4-23 00:19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 4-23 00:19
Yeah, I had him flying the AVATA 1 at the weekend, he is getting there, but finds the experience a little disorientating, so.... But we shall see what the future holds..

For some the disorientating feel passes after a few flights.    I know my first flight with the goggles had me feeling a little different, and then that seems to have passed as long as Im not doing tight fast corkscrews.
4-23 00:51
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What an amazing location.  Nice flying and as always I love your choice in background music.  
4-23 03:10
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-23 03:10
What an amazing location.  Nice flying and as always I love your choice in background music.

Thank you kindly... a friend owns this woodland, so we have a chance to fly there whenever we like, I am in the mind to try and capture it in every season, to do a montage...
4-23 03:21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5098691 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Avata 2 is serving you well.
4-23 03:58
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-23 03:58
The Avata 2 is serving you well.

Sadly only an AVATA1, and only 7 months old, but this fun and useful... Hoping to fly a few spots in Scotland next week
4-23 04:16
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5098691 ft
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 4-23 04:16
Sadly only an AVATA1, and only 7 months old, but this fun and useful... Hoping to fly a few spots in Scotland next week

Looks good.
4-23 04:17
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you...
4-23 04:21
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567031 ft
United Kingdom

Lovely smooth flight through the woods - brilliant
4-23 10:50
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Codgerzh2 Posted at 4-23 10:50
Lovely smooth flight through the woods - brilliant

Thank you
4-23 10:51
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great now that Spring is springing, isn't it.  Not many bluebells over here yet, but we did see a lot more over in Rufford yesterday.
4-24 01:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 4-23 03:21
Thank you kindly... a friend owns this woodland, so we have a chance to fly there whenever we like, I am in the mind to try and capture it in every season, to do a montage...

You're very welcome.  No doubt that location would make for a lovely montage of all 4 seasons.  I bet the colors in the Fall there are very impressive.  Do you get any snow at that location?
4-24 01:58
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-24 01:30
Great now that Spring is springing, isn't it.  Not many bluebells over here yet, but we did see a lot more over in Rufford yesterday.

Thanks... Yeah we were expecting to see more Bluebells, but not to worry, off to Scotland for a week on Saturday, so hopefully lots of bluebells and views to capture
4-24 02:18
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-24 01:58
You're very welcome.  No doubt that location would make for a lovely montage of all 4 seasons.  I bet the colors in the Fall there are very impressive.  Do you get any snow at that location?

They get about the same as we do for snow, so not a lot, but occasionally... frost and mist would be good too... its about 40  mins away, so not too onerous to get there...
4-24 02:19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 4-24 02:19
They get about the same as we do for snow, so not a lot, but occasionally... frost and mist would be good too... its about 40  mins away, so not too onerous to get there...

Nice that it is close by.  I wasn't sure if it snowed in your area.  I guess DAFlys is further south in the UK than you as he was always hoping for some snow and didn't seem to get any.  We've never gotten snow since I moved to southern Florida however I shoveled enough snow over the years at several of my military duty stations.  
4-24 02:50
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-24 02:50
Nice that it is close by.  I wasn't sure if it snowed in your area.  I guess DAFlys is further south in the UK than you as he was always hoping for some snow and didn't seem to get any.  We've never gotten snow since I moved to southern Florida however I shoveled enough snow over the years at several of my military duty stations.

We are based just outside Manchester, so we do get some snow, more on the hill of the Peak District and North Wales, but for proper snow you can't beat a winter visit to Scotland... hopefully this yer, fingers crossed...
4-24 02:57
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 4-24 02:57
We are based just outside Manchester, so we do get some snow, more on the hill of the Peak District and North Wales, but for proper snow you can't beat a winter visit to Scotland... hopefully this yer, fingers crossed...

I did a site visit to a small Navy base in Thurso, Scotland when i was working on Base Rights Agreements years back.  It was winter and the winds were howling and it was snowing a blizzard.  It did clear enough towards the end of my visit to be able to see across to the Orkney Islands.  Getting back to Scotland is definitely on my "to do" list.  
4-24 03:10
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-24 03:10
I did a site visit to a small Navy base in Thurso, Scotland when i was working on Base Rights Agreements years back.  It was winter and the winds were howling and it was snowing a blizzard.  It did clear enough towards the end of my visit to be able to see across to the Orkney Islands.  Getting back to Scotland is definitely on my "to do" list.

Love the North Coast, a friend moved to Tongue last year, I am very jealous...
4-24 03:28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 4-24 02:18
Thanks... Yeah we were expecting to see more Bluebells, but not to worry, off to Scotland for a week on Saturday, so hopefully lots of bluebells and views to capture

We are heading in the opposite direction-Cornwall   Bon voyage
4-24 04:35
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-24 04:35
We are heading in the opposite direction-Cornwall   Bon voyage

Safe travels and fair weather
4-24 05:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 4-24 03:28
Love the North Coast, a friend moved to Tongue last year, I am very jealous...

I kind of liked it because of its remoteness, small towns and the locals were very friendly.  They did get a laugh out of my accent (I grew up in South Texas).  Had some interesting discussion in the Pub on several nights.   
4-24 12:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules