Replacement instead of repair? What a waste!
139 3 4-22 23:25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_redKdXe2GRXc
lvl.1

Switzerland

I just received back my mini 3pro which I sent in to be repaired.  And  I am quite disappointed. Instead of my drone being repaired (probably just one little gymbal cable was detached) I received a brand new drone. Nice gesture, but I wonder why dji didn't just repaired it? (a matter of 15 to 30min)

And do you know what happens with all the broken drones? Are they just trashed? Or at least sent back to China and there  refurbished and reselled?

I enjoy dji service very much. Its often very fast and seemess. But at the same time I strongly want to promote repair culture and not contribute to more waste being produced.

What is your point on that?
All the best

Saimon
4-22 23:25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, please note that according to DJI After Sales Policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers. May I ask if the replacement works well? If there is any issue with it, please let us know. Refer to: https://www.dji.com/service/policy
4-22 23:41
Use props
Sachi Su
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Totally vibe with your concern about promoting a repair culture and minimizing waste. It's rad to see that kind of awareness out there! That said, DJI replacing the drone instead of repairing it might seem counterintuitive, but it's not without its merits. For one, getting a fresh drone ensures the customer flying with top-notch reliability and no lingering worries about the old issue. Plus, it's a pretty solid move on DJI's part to bolster customer trust and satisfaction. And who knows, those returned drones might just find new life through refurbishing or recycling programs—so it's not necessarily a one-way ticket to the landfill.
4-23 03:16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sachi Su Posted at 4-23 03:16
Totally vibe with your concern about promoting a repair culture and minimizing waste. It's rad to see that kind of awareness out there! That said, DJI replacing the drone instead of repairing it might seem counterintuitive, but it's not without its merits. For one, getting a fresh drone ensures the customer flying with top-notch reliability and no lingering worries about the old issue. Plus, it's a pretty solid move on DJI's part to bolster customer trust and satisfaction. And who knows, those returned drones might just find new life through refurbishing or recycling programs—so it's not necessarily a one-way ticket to the landfill.

Hello.Thank you for sharing your opinion. Providing customers with a brand-new drone ensures they get the best performance and experience while eliminating issues with older equipment. This not only reflects the emphasis on customer experience but also helps build and solidify customer trust in the brand.
4-23 20:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules