Pocket 3 with AR glasses
167 5 4-24 00:29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

Knows anyone which AR glasses can works native with the Pocket 3 over the USB port? Think the AR glasses must support UVC. I have Viture One glasses, they supports HDMI over USB-C but does'nt wirk with the Viture glasses directly.

Alternat I use now my smart phone withe the Mimo App as gateway and connect the glasses to my phone. Thats works OK but would like more if I connect the glasses directly to the P3 device like I do with my RC Pro if I fly with my Drone ;-)

@DJI: would be maybe an interesting accesories for drone RC's or pocket cameras with an small screen. I like to fly my drone withe the AR glasses or create videos with the P3

4-24 00:29
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There are other issues with the OP3, which would need more attention! What would be a useful reason for an AR glass???
4-24 02:19
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

I like the big screen in front of my eyes with lots more of details. No comparison to the small P3 screen.....
4-24 02:42
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Cpt. Joe Posted at 4-24 02:42
I like the big screen in front of my eyes with lots more of details. No comparison to the small P3 screen.....

yes, but the advantage of the OP3 is it's size, so nobody recognises you, while filming.
Running around with AR-glasses will be the opposite.

Anyway, have fun.
4-24 05:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Cpt. Joe. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department for this possible accessory of DJI products. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
4-24 20:04
Use props
JayCray
New
Canada

I have used the Xreal Air's (1st Gen) with my Samsung Note 9 and the DJI OP3 through the Mimo app. Virtual glasses are only capable through a USB C connection with Display-Alt capabilities, which I don't believe the OP3 has as it is a very niche requirement (I could be wrong though).

The Mimo App does work the main issue is rotation can be finicky, it likes to force vertical display even when shooting in horizontal mode, causing less screen in the glasses to be used. That said by rotating the phone and locking rotation after booting the app it does work.

I need to use this more often, it's a little weird to walk while seeing a different perspective, and hilariously every person who has tried it while the camera was behind them (think 3rd person) has immediately had their knees buckle and almost fallen. Super odd and specific reaction but everyone has it!
5-7 18:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules