Flight mode - Normal versus Position
243 7 4-25 04:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152569 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure if this is old news or not - or when it happened (ie, which firmware update) - but the ‘Normal’ flight mode selected on the RC2 has now been replaced with ‘P Mode’ on the actual screen. I’m sure that’s what it used to be called - P or position mode - with older Mini Series models
4-25 04:07
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

There are already 10 topics about this) Before creating a new one, you need to read)
4-25 04:35
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Serg SSA Posted at 4-25 04:35
There are already 10 topics about this) Before creating a new one, you need to read)

Only 10 topics
4-25 04:45
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

It's already 11 with yours
4-25 04:51
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

To answer your question, way back Normal mode was called Position Mode.  I don't recall precisely when the change from P-Mode to N-Mode came to be, but it just another name for the same thing.  Somehow in the recent 13.0.0 version of Fly P-mode slipped through the cracks & was reborn.  It was quickly corrected in 13.0.1.  It has no effect on flight.
4-25 15:27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The flight mode change is normal, P mode (Position) = N mode (Normal), this is just a different flight mode description, and this will not affect the actual flight, feel free to use it. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-25 20:14
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-25 20:14
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The flight mode change is normal, P mode (Position) = N mode (Normal), this is just a different flight mode description, and this will not affect the actual flight, feel free to use it. We appreciate your understanding and support.

I understand that - I have owned all the drones in the Mini Series so am familiar with the old ‘Position Mode’.  However, the user manual still references ‘Normal Mode’ and the flight mode switch on the RC2 has ‘C’, N’, and ‘S’ modes. So someone buying a drone for the first time and the Mini 4 Pro specifically will be confused because if they select Normal mode using the switch on the RC2 they will actually see ‘P Mode’ on the screen (when powered on)
4-25 21:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Steph Jant Posted at 4-25 21:03
I understand that - I have owned all the drones in the Mini Series so am familiar with the old ‘Position Mode’.  However, the user manual still references ‘Normal Mode’ and the flight mode switch on the RC2 has ‘C’, N’, and ‘S’ modes. So someone buying a drone for the first time and the Mini 4 Pro specifically will be confused because if they select Normal mode using the switch on the RC2 they will actually see ‘P Mode’ on the screen (when powered on)

We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that we will coordinate this concern with our relevant team for future optimization. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. I appreciate your understanding.
4-27 03:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules