Verify Remote ID status?
255 8 4-25 15:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gofaster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113720 ft
United States

I have a Mini 4 Pro combo with the 249g batteries.  I bought a Intelligent Flight Battery Plus with the expectation that Remote ID would be activated with this extended battery.  I am in the US.

However I am unable to verify that Remote ID is active when flying with Plus battery.  I have tried 3 Android apps on a Google Pixel 7a w/ Android 14 - Drone Scanner, Air Sentinel and OpenDrone ID.  With the drone in flight and nearby, nothing is ever shown.  A WiFi scan for AP's does not reveal anything relevant.
On the RC2, the Safety and About pages don't show any Remote ID status.

Tested with v01.00.0400 and v01.00.0500 aircraft firmware.

What am I missing?

4-25 15:36
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific firmware version you are using with your controller. You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller to further isolate the issue. In addition, make sure to update the DJI Fly app to the latest version as well and enable the "location service of the mobile phone" and the "location permission of the DJI Fly App" then test it outdoors and check if there are any changes. Please note that we can now update this controller's built-in DJI Fly app version separately without connecting via DJI Assistant 2. You may refer to the image below. Please keep us posted.

4-25 19:30
Use props
gofaster
lvl.2
United States

Hello.  Testing with the Plus battery was done with the M4P in the air outdoors, flew for ~ 25 mins between 50-200 feet away.  I let each scanner app run for at least 5 mins without receiving any Remote ID broadcasts.
The DJI Fly app on the RC2 does not seem to have any configurable option for "Location Permissions"...

Here are the firmware versions I was testing with.

m4p-0.jpg
m4p-1.jpg
m4p-2.jpg
m4p-3.jpg
4-26 03:54
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.2
Germany

Dear gofaster,
May I can be of more help here….
:-)

Are you able to enter your e-ID in the security tab?
If NOT (you are on the right fw version) you have to apply for the re-classification for your Mini 4 pro as a C1 drone.
At the end of this process you will have new stickers on your drone and the capabilty to enter the e-ID.
This does NOT interchange with the mounting of a heavier battery to the drone.
(Some threads here are suggesting this but this is completely wrong….).

You definitely have to de- and re-classify your drone to transmit the e-ID.

I‘m stll surprised that DJI staff does not answer this in rigth manner…

HTH this time,
Regards,
Ralf
4-26 07:46
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 627343 ft

Slovakia

Rkorell he is from US, no C0/C1 reclassification needed in his case as it is not EASA regulated area.

gofaster, have you tried in Drone Scanner to check 3 dots in upper right corner and section Preferences? You can see there standards supported by your phone. My understanding is that DJI uses WiFi NaN  standard for RID boradcasting, if your phone does not support it you won't be able to see the drone with any app.
4-26 09:05
Use props
gofaster
lvl.2
United States

Hello Ralf, thanks for replying and helping.  
I think the C0/C1 classification is a EU/EASA classification?  
I am located in the US, under the FAA regulations - different criteria/classification for Remote ID broadcasts.

Cheers.
4-26 09:12
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.2
Germany

gofaster Posted at 4-26 09:12
Hello Ralf, thanks for replying and helping.  
I think the C0/C1 classification is a EU/EASA classification?  
I am located in the US, under the FAA regulations - different criteria/classification for Remote ID broadcasts.

OK,
So there are different firmware versions available for different countries?
Was not aware of this.

Interesting enough.

Nevertheless I cannot imagine that mounting a specific type of battery will triger the e-ID broadcast - but may I‘m totaly wrong here.

Hope, you can resolve this - I have no additional idea.

Warmest regards,
Ralf

4-27 01:33
Use props
JeremyB31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364560 ft
United States

Rkorell Posted at 4-27 01:33
OK,
So there are different firmware versions available for different countries?
Was not aware of this.

They keep changing the setting in firmware.  Once the RID was always on and the last one I used was RID only with the one extended battery
4-27 10:58
Use props
gofaster
lvl.2
United States

harweyko Posted at 4-26 09:05
Rkorell he is from US, no C0/C1 reclassification needed in his case as it is not EASA regulated area.

gofaster, have you tried in Drone Scanner to check 3 dots in upper right corner and section Preferences? You can see there standards supported by your phone. My understanding is that DJI uses WiFi NaN  standard for RID boradcasting, if your phone does not support it you won't be able to see the drone with any app.

Hi harweyko, thanks for the info.  I checked my phone and it says Wi-Fi NaN is supported.
Nothing in the RC2's various screens indicate that Remote ID is enabled or active when flying with the Plus battery.
This is the Plus battery I bought from the DJI Store on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Mini-Intelligent-Flight-Battery/dp/B09WVYZC8K
I hope DJI will come back with an answer for this mystery.
4-27 14:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules