Ronin App False Colours and Zebras
98 6 4-27 03:39
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Earl Greybeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13291 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All. I am trying to use the Ronin app's exposure assistance tools on my RS3 with RavenEye. In other words, False Colours and Zebras. There is very little guidance on these, and there is nothing I can find on what thresholds are being used. With zebras on a camera for example, you can set the IRE value where you want the zebras to appear, which might be different for skin tones than for say a landscape.  

Similarly with false colours, you normally get a range of colours in a monitor showing the different levels across the scene. In the Ronin App, it is just red for overexposed and blue for under, with no guidance I can see as to what IRE value those represent. In effect, they are just coloured zebras (the mind boggles).

Does anyone have any sage advice as to how to use these effectively please? Or if someone from DJI is listening, any chance of an upgrade to these to make them a bit more functional  

4-27 03:39
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for your advice. We will forward your feedback to our engineers.
4-27 05:04
Use props
Earl Greybeard
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-27 05:04
Hello, there. Thank you for your advice. We will forward your feedback to our engineers.

Thanks Wanda. Much appreciated. Do you have any thoughts on what IRE values these functions are set to? Or shall I calculatethese myself against a monitor (crude but helpful) and post the result here?
4-27 05:15
Use props
Earl Greybeard
lvl.2
United Kingdom

OK. So my immediate solution is to load a custom false colour LUT to the app. You can generate one  here .

So, when you need false colours in the app, select the LUT button and bring up the custom LUT. This gives you the range pf values and colours you want as specified when you generated it. When satisfied with the exposure, revert to your viewing LUT (or no LUT).

I will calibrate my LUT (which is based on the Atomos preset but modified for S-LOG2) and post the results here for anyone who is interested.
4-28 00:02
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Earl Greybeard Posted at 4-27 05:15
Thanks Wanda. Much appreciated. Do you have any thoughts on what IRE values these functions are set to? Or shall I calculatethese myself against a monitor (crude but helpful) and post the result here?

Update: Sorry for the late response. We got the answer from our engineers that there is no parameter of the IRE value we can offer. However, we will improve the function in the later updates of the app. The false color will improve the current mapping and offer the mapping diagram with IRE values. Please wait patiently for the updates.
4-29 02:06
Use props
Earl Greybeard
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-29 02:06
Update: Sorry for the late response. We got the answer from our engineers that there is no parameter of the IRE value we can offer. However, we will improve the function in the later updates of the app. The false color will improve the current mapping and offer the mapping diagram with IRE values. Please wait patiently for the updates.

Thanks Wanda. You are a star.
4-29 02:12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Earl Greybeard Posted at 4-29 02:12
Thanks Wanda. You are a star.

You are most welcome.
4-29 02:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now